- Helen Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968), was the subject of the play and film The Miracle Worker, written by William Gibson.
- This is the last thanksgiving special until "A History Channel Thanksgiving"
References to Popular Culture编辑
- Timmy picking out his turkey is like Charlie Brown picking that "pathetic little Christmas tree" in A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- The scenes of Butters running down the hall is similar to scenes in The Right Stuff.
- The title of the episode may be a reference to Cannibal! The Musical, which was also created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Another reference to Cannibal! The Musical are the fake beards that the children are forced to wear in their play.
- The scene where Cartman follows Jeffrey Maynard's suggestion of using sensory deprivation to get inside the mind of Helen Keller, resulting in disturbing and apocalyptic images flooding Cartman's mind, bears much similarity to the sensory deprivation sequences in the Ken Russell film Altered States.
- The final shot of Cartman's vision is from the movie Inseminoid.
- Cartman makes a reference to Tim Rice writing the lyrics to "The Phantom of the Opera." However, these lyrics were written by Charles Hart and Richard Stilgoe.
- The scene of the turkeys watching the movie before being killed is a reference to the euthanasia scene in Soylent Green. We kill our Turkey's humanely.
- Jeffrey Maynard resembles Colm Wilkinson in both voice and appearance. Colm Wilkinson played the lead in Les Misérables on Broadway. Most of Maynard's dialogue is sung to the tune of various songs from Les Misérables.
- The scene where the turkey is shot by hunters references to the James Caan's character Sonny's death in Godfather.
- Cartman has a Mr. T. poster in his room.
- Kyle is shown to have some rhythm in the school play, while in "Rainforest Shmainforest " he was mocked for not being able to keep up the rest of the choir.
- The boy who asks why his mom died is Kevin, the boy thawed from the snow, from "Summer Sucks."
- The girl who lost her dog, Robby, is Heidi Turner, from "Probably."
- A woman accuses her husband of cheating. Both she and her husband appeared in "Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut" among the patients in the hospital.
- When Timmy is trying to leave Gobbles, the house number in the background is reversed in the first few shots.
- When Timmy pulls out the lighter while training Gobbles, the lighter is already lit.