- 在本集中，出现了模仿“非我屁眼莫属”这一集中特伦斯和混蛋斯科特互相叫对方混蛋的场景。斯坦和凯尔互相说出“你是个混蛋！”（"You're a dick!"）这句话。
References to Popular Culture编辑
- This episode parodies the late Steve Irwin and his television series The Crocodile Hunter.
- When Stan and Kyle come across the ice man, Stan says he saw a movie where "The old cavemen get frozen, and then people discover them and make them their caveman friends." This is a reference to the film Encino Man.
- Cartman confuses the situation with the film version of the musical Grease. Cartman mentions the film starred John Travolta and "that French chick" who "did it all summer long" and sang about "Greased Lightning".
- Before thawing out the prehistoric ice man, Mephesto theorizes he may be a Neanderthal or an Australopithecus from the Paleolithic era.
- "Steve" is wearing clothing from Eddie Bauer, which Mephesto claims hasn't been popular since 1996.
- Officer Barbrady has the boys play 'Spuds up' to determine who gets to see "Steve".
- "Steve's" habitat is full of references to the year 1996:
- The song "The Sign" and "All That She Wants"by pop group Ace of Base is playing in the background. These was from their album Happy Nation.
- The bedspread in the habitat is from the 1996 Disney film The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- There are two movie posters on the wall, one for Fargo and the other for Independence Day, both came out in 1996.
- The "Re-elect Clinton" sign is a reference to the 1996 presidential election between Bill Clinton and Bob Dole.
- The headline for the South Park News that is on the side of the computer desk says "Flight 800 plunges into the sea". Which is in reference to a Boeing 747 plane crash that occurred in 1996 near East Moriches, New York.
- "Steve" accesses the internet to which Mephesto comments was "still not very big in his time, so the Web frightens and confuses him." Public use of the internet boomed between 1996 to 1997.
- When "Steve" turns on the television the Aussie Hunter states that the average grizzly bear is stronger than ten Morgan Freemans.
- "Steve" is thrown into a frenzy when he hears that the Atlanta Falcons are going to the Super Bowl. This is historically accurate; in 1999 the Atlanta Falcons faced the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXXIII.
- Kyle states that he named the ice man Steve after Steve Austin, due to the resemblance.
- When "Steve" happens across the shop Teles and looks on one of the TV's, he sees Marilyn Manson singing his own rendition of "Stinky Britches". This parody of shock-rocker Marilyn Manson is modeled after his appearance for his 1998 album Mechanical Animals which featured Manson on the cover with his hair dyed red, wearing prosthetic breasts and with his body covered in latex paint, giving him an androgynous look.
- Kyle confuses "Steve's" plight with that of Frosty in the Christmas special Frosty the Snowman.
- At the end of the episode Cartman says "Be very very quiet. I'm hunting crocodiles, hahahahahaha." This is in parody of the Loony Tunes character Elmer Fudd, who usually says "Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits" while out hunting for Bugs Bunny.
- A-113 is the tail number on the helicopter "Steve" fly's off in at the end. This is a reference to Pixar, as this is a code used in all of their films.
- At the beginning of the episode, the boys are watching TV in Cartman's living room, but when they leave, they are in Stan's living room.
- Dr. Mephesto claims to have created a habitat for "Steve" that is 1996-oriented. When we first see the habitat, the song being played is "All That She Wants", by Ace of Base. However, this song was released as a single in the United States in late summer of 1993 and reached its peak on the charts in 1994.