- President Bush was seen again in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" and "The Snuke". Where various shows and the press portray him as an incompetent idiot, in South Park, he is actually fairly intelligent and the press are in fact the idiots.
- However, in earlier episodes such as "A Ladder to Heaven", Bush is still portrayed as an idiot.
- While Bush is normally voiced by Trey Parker, Matt Stone does his voice in this episode.
- The scenes with Muhammad in Family Guy were censored by the South Park creators after Comedy Central alerted them they would censor it themselves anyway. Matt and Trey explained they'd rather censor it themselves than be censored by Comedy Central. Ironically, this issue is what caused "201" to be "lost" - Comedy Central censored it without telling Matt or Trey.
- Kyle and Cartman are the only regular characters to appear in this episode. While Stan and Kenny do not appear, they are briefly seen in the recap of the previous episode.
- Muhammad has already appeared uncensored in South Park, in "Super Best Friends" and in the intro.
- The Family Guy fan who gives Kyle a lift pokes fun at the recurring I learned something today plot device where the show delivers a moral message.
- Terrance was shown to still be overweight in this episode. He originally became overweight in "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow".
- This episode was made in order to let Matt and Trey try and convince Comedy Central to let them show Muhammad. They were unsuccessful, thus Muhammad was not shown.
- Despite many celebrities being featured and mocked on the show previously, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane does not appear in this episode. However, Mitchell (who works in the Family Guy studio and introduces Cartman to the "writing staff") does somewhat resemble him.
- This is the first episode in Season 10 with both Stan and Kenny absent. The other two are "A Million Little Fibers" and "Go God Go XII".
References to Popular Culture编辑
- The second Family Guy hater who went to appeal to FOX Studios was a South Park version of Bart Simpson. The creators said in the commentary that the Simpsons staff sent them flowers for ripping on Family Guy.
- Furthermore, King of the Hill staff called them to say that Matt and Trey were doing “God’s work”. During the fight between Kyle and Cartman, they crash into an imitation of the King of the Hill production building.
- The use of a Terrance & Phillip's episode instead of the actual sequel to the episode is a reference to "Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus" episode that was placed as a joke instead of the sequel to "Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut". This joke would be used again in "Eat, Pray, Queef", except Terrance and Phillip is being replaced instead of replacing the second part of a two-parter.
- The President of FOX's final episode-pulling confirmation sequence, "Zero Zero Destruct", is taken from Star Trek III, where the final confirmation code for the auto-destruct sequence on Enterprise was "Zero Zero Zero Destruct... Zero".
- Before Cartman and Kyle fight, Cartman says. "I guess it was inevitable", quoting a line said by Agent Smith in The Matrix.
- Cartman then tells Kyle "Let this be our final battle!", referencing a quote by Skeletor in the Masters of the Universe movie. This is not the first time Cartman used this line, he also quoted it to the psychics in Cartman's Incredible Gift.
- During the fight between Cartman and Kyle, a poster presenting "Cold Age: The Smackdown" (parody of Ice Age: The Meltdown) is shown in the background.
- This is the cliffhanger narrator's final appearance.
- Cartman mentions having ground up a boy's parents and feeding them to him as chili while talking to Bart.
- Terrance is still in the process of losing the weight in he gained in “Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow”, as shown in the beginning of the episode.
- A poster for Family Guy says that it airs on Mondays. It actually airs on Sundays.
- Family Guy isn't taken off the air, and is still being written, even though Cartman never put the ball back in the tank.
- It's possible that during the fight, Cartman dropped it.