This page contains trivia for "Turd Burglars". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- A new opening was created for this episode, with the show now renamed to One For The Ladies. The opening includes clips from past episodes:
- Sheila Broflovski wearing lingerie - "Wieners Out"
- Liane Cartman running into the bullring to save Eric - "Shots"
- Sharon Marsh, Linda Stotch, and Harriet Biggle running into South Park Elementary - "Dead Kids"
- Laura Tucker crossing her arms angrily - "The Magic Bush"
- Mayor McDaniels hugging a framed photo - "Tweek x Craig"
- Sheila and a group of protesters demanding their packages from Amazon - "Unfulfilled"
- Sharon Marsh working out with the Shake Weight - "Crème Fraiche"
- Sheila appears in front of Kyle in her Jersey Shore look - "It's a Jersey Thing"
- Strong Woman looking at herself pregnant - "The Problem with a Poo"
- Sharon and Linda walking away from Whole Foods Market - "The City Part of Town"
- This idea of a "day in the limelight" for the women of South Park is similar to "Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus", "Butters' Very Own Episode", "Pip" and "A Million Little Fibers".
- One of the topics of this episode, fecal microbiota transplant, is an actual procedure used in cases where antibiotics were not effective.
- Sheila's infection at the beginning of the episode, as well as the infection that half of the townspeople get later, C-diff, is also a real type of bacterial infection, with fecal microbiota transplant being one form of treatment for the infection, due to having a high rate of effectiveness.
- Kenny is seen without his hood and heard unmuffled when visiting Tom Brady's house. However, the top half of his face is obscured by a Patriots Cap.
- Enchorito Mark is seen with his wife in this episode, despite being shot in the forehead in South Park: The Stick of Truth.
- At one point, Kyle asks himself "Am I just an Airbnb in Santa Clarita?". Santa Clarita is a suburb in Los Angeles County, 30 miles northwest of Downtown Los Angeles.
- The ending credits have returned to using its original instrumental song instead of Randy scatting "Tegridy Farms" over it since the beginning of this season.
- The term "turd burglars" was previously used as an insult by Lizzy in "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000".
- Theresa's parents, like most parents of other children, are background adults who have appeared in previous episodes.
References to Popular Culture
- The video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is mentioned multiple times and is used as a bargaining chip.
- Throughout the episode, there are multiple references to the 1984 film, Dune:
- Spice Melange or "The Spice" is heavily referenced throughout the episode.
- Tom Brady's housekeeper, Mable Gonzales, is a parody of Shadout Mapes, the housekeeper.
- A Sandworm emerges from the desert before transitioning to Tom Brady's poop in the toilet.
- Kyle's glowing blue eyes parody the side effect caused by taking "The Spice".
- The main theme song from the film plays after Kyle opens the bookcase that reveals Tom Brady's secret vault.
- The use of whispered voice overs by the characters in regards to "The Spice" is also from the film.
- The line where Linda utters 'fucker, fuck her', is a reference from the 1995 film Showgirls.
- The scene where the feces was erupting from the soil with a mouth covered with teeth, is a reference to the were-worm from The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
- One of the women calls Sheila "anal retentive"; this term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis; Freud said that if a child is too strongly chastised for toilet-training accidents, he/she may develop "anal retentive" fixations or personality traits. These traits are associated with a child's efforts at excretory control: orderliness, stubbornness, and compulsions for control. Of course, it also puns on Sheila's insistence on "retaining" the contents of her anus.
- Heather Swanson from the previous episode can be seen among the women at Sheila's meeting at the beginning of the episode.
- Tom Brady's feces was previously shown, in much bigger mass due to wrong drugs usage, in "Taming Strange".
- A needle disposal bin is visible in the doctor's office, and it is correctly colored red (biohazard); this could be a reference to the earlier episode "Season Finale" which incorrectly colored a needle disposal bin white.