The Thin White Line is a story mission in South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
Plot details follow.
The police station is crawling with crooked cops! Put a stop to all their corruption!
When you wake up, head outside to meet up with Mysterion. Pass all the insane adults as you follow him to the Police Station. Don't worry about exploring, there isn't anything to interact with right now. As you arrive at the station, peek in the window with Mysterion. Then, go inside. Wait for the police officer to die before passing into the main room. Here, you'll find several officers you need to fight. Before getting too close, use Snap N Pops to spark the dynamite. Then, throw a fart to blow up the cops on the couch. Then, go and punch another officer to begin the fight. These officers have nothing new to add to the battle system. Take them out like normal to continue on.
After the battle, go through the back door. After the cutscene, head through the doorway to the right. To bypass the laser, use the TimeFart Pause to reach the switch at the top of the stairs. Now, open the grate to the right. Climb the ladder to reach the platform above. Now, use Snap N Pops to expose the wires ahead. Then, use the Haywire Buddy Power to hack the next laser. Then, go through the door.
In the next room, loot the police bag to find the Tantalum Accelerator Recipe. Then, go through the doors to reach the holding cells. Go press the switch on the far left end to enter a fight with some crooked cops. This fight introduces the Crowd Control cops.
Focus your attack on the pair of cops on the right first. Start by attacking the Crowd Control cops. One of their moves provides protection from your attacks. To avoid the frustration they can bring, focus on finishing them off first. Take out these cops to receive the Hyper Glass artifact.
After the fight, hit the door lock switch on the left to release the prisoners. Then, head through the door on the left. Before going through the next door, head through the small grate in the lower right hand corner. In this room, move the ladder up to the bag on the left and the box on the right to find the Song of the Drunk Knight artifact and the Defender Mask costume. Then, go through the door on the right to reenter the lobby from earlier.
Continue to reach the door we passed earlier. Enter the hallway behind this door to reach some more holding cells. Here, you will see a door opening and slamming shut. Quicky, use the TimeFart Pause while the door is open to reach the bag containing the Infectious Encryptor artifact.
Next, head through the door in the previous room to reach more lasers. First, drag the propane tank to the left next to the crack in the wall. Use the Snap N Pops & Fart Throw combination to blow a hole in the wall. In here, go right to reach the closed cell from earlier. Loot the box to find the Prison Tat costume. Then, head back into the hole in the wall. Look for a tattered pinwheel.
Use the Fartkour Buddy Power to ascend. Go through the opening. Then, use Snap N Pops to reveal the wires to the laser. Use the Haywire Buddy Power to shut them off. Then, Fartkour back down before climbing the stairs.
Go through the door at the top to reach the security office. Once inside, use the Sandblaster Buddy Power on the pipe in the lower left corner. This will expose a crack in the TV above the security officer. Use Snap N Pops to hit him in the head with the TV.
Now, use Snap N Pops to expose the wires before using Haywire to unlock the next door. Head through here to face your greatest fears.
You will need to take down Jared and his Aides to continue.
As with most boss fights, you only need to defeat Jared to finish the battle. That said, his attacks hit very hard. Watch for his telegraphed attacks. You don't want to get caught in the middle of one of his rushes. Finish the battle to acquire the Tumbler of Erupting Youth artifact.
Then, you will have the choice to fart in Jared's face or leave him be. There are no real repercussions, so go ahead and fart in his face. Then, head to the elevator to reach the next area. Once in the basement, enter the Morgue. Loot the shelf at the back and the case on the right before moving the gurney on the left to reveal the Forensics Room Key.
Head to the Forensics Room next. After a long, awkward and unskippable cutscene, loot this room. Then, use the Haywire Buddy Power to hack the wires at the back of the room. Then, use the TimeFart Pause to enter the gas-filled room and pick up the key on the floor.
Use this on the back cabinet to access the pipe. Use the Sandblaster to blow the dead cat out of the vent. Now, enter the gas chamber and use the Diabetic Rage Buddy Power to lift up the green-trimmed panel. Finally, pick up the Skeleton Key.
Return to the hallway and stock up at the vending machine before heading through the doorway ahead. Here, you'll face Shub-Niggurath and its corrupt cop minions.
Don't let the 9999 health fool you. You won't need to deal all this damage with normal attacks. This boss has two moves. One reaches 4 tiles and deals 9999 damage. If you leave a character there and the timer at the bottom runs out, they will die. The other move is one that reaches the first two columns to the right. This is the most important one. You want to be sure to knock back the white cops into the red highlighted spaces before the boss attacks again. Avoid the cops’ knockback attacks and get them into the red squares to successfully defeat the beast. Do this successfully and you will deal massive damage on the Shub-Niggurath.
Immediately after the first attack, the boss will spawn a few eggs around the battleground. If the eggs get damaged at any point, they will explode and knockback any standing characters.
All of your characters will start within the 4x4 danger zone. Attempting to move out of the danger zone is further complicated by two police officers who get their turn first, and will knockback two characters further towards the boss. You may use the Timefart Glitch to cancel only one of the officers' turn. For every subsequent attack, two more officers will enter and drive all of your characters back into the danger zone.
Each cop it eats will deal 2500 damage. This means that you will need to send 4 cops into its clutches to finish it off. Each playable character that gets consumed will deal 1000 damage to the boss. The boss will eventually regurgitate and they will be revived with minimal health. However, if Tupperware or the New Kid (if they're black) gets consumed instead, the boss will heal 2500 damage, and they cannot be revived until another white kid is devoured.
Be sure to bring along characters with knock-back abilities. Some suggestions include:
- Super Craig - Mega Fist Punch or Omega Crash Extra abilities
- Toolshed - Drillslinger ability
- Mysterion - Dread Rush ability. Easier to move out of the danger zone.
- Captain Diabetes - Coma Combo or Insulin Shock abilities
- Tupperware - Tupper Tornado or Hot Swap abilities. Extra care must be taken not to get Tupperware devoured by the boss.
Achieve victory to receive the Necronomicon artifact, the Ungodly Strength DNA, and the Mummy Costume Set.
After the cutscene, you will be faced with Doctor Timothy and his mind-controlling powers. At the beginning, don't bother attacking Timmy.
Focus on defeating the mind-controlled friends. When you deplete their health, they will return to your team with 1 health point. For this fight only, there is no limit on how many team members you have. So, the more the merrier. Focus your attacks on the mind-controlled buddies to acquire more and more firepower. Once you have recovered all of your friends, deal with Doctor Timothy handily. Finish him off to receive the Energizing Codex artifact and the Doctor Timothy Character Sheet.
With all that done, you can finally head to bed. Get some rest, you're gonna need it for your next mission, Freedom Calling.
- Mysterion claims that he has no time to work on his "spin off movies" due to his attention to crime fighting, he also believes that he has two movies in phase one due to his awesomeness. However, Doctor timothy's plans included no spin off movies for him, and he was not even present in phase one.
- Super Craig was not present during the cutscene where Coon and Friends and Freedom Pals meet.
- The police on the first floor will call out about the existence of a "black kid" regardless of whether black kids are on the battlefield or not.
- Tupperware seems to be a locked buddy in the mission in some point of development, similar to how Captain Diabetes and Toolshed managed to be on previous nights, since this mission:
- Had him followed the New Kid around.
- Revolves heavily on racism, of which Tupperware is most concerned about.
- Had certain lines in battle that mentions the existence of a "black kid".
- You can still execute Jared with farts after forgiving him.
- The cultist cop found dead in the forensics room is the Cthulhu Cult Leader in "Mysterion Rises", where he stabs Mysterion with a blade, killing the latter.
- This is likely due to the constant reuse of models from the show.
- Multiple Many-Assed Cats can be seen in the Forensics room, dead due to the poisonous gas.
- This implies some sort of collaboration between the Police and the Genetic Engineering Ranch.
- The feeding journal recorded an offering on "February 30th" by a person named Reed Martin, this impossible considering that there has been no 30th in February since 1712.
- The Feeding Journal instructed daily feeding of "dark meat", yet the journal only recorded 9 feeds in four months.
- And it couldn't have been some sort of "abnormalities journal", since it also recorded a perfectly normal feed.
- Call Girl never appeared in any cutscenes in this mission.
- Strangely, she serves an available combat ally throughout the mission, and one of the allies coming to help The New Kid during the final combat.
- The trailers before the release showed her along with the Freedom Pals during the franchise plan reveal, yet she was absent in the final game despite showing up prior.
- By exiting the final battle with "Back to last checkpoint", you will be transported back to the first floor of the police station. And you will be allowed to roam the entire place freely.
- This won't damage your save file in any way, simply step out of the door, the story and the battle will continue as usual.
- The underground pit is also accessible, though poorly finished with multiple problems.
- By saving in this state, you will find that the mission is finished already. This means that the Civil War 3 battle and the content follows is actually not a part of the mission, the mission itself is considered to end upon the acquirement of the cat.
- The discovery of the mission's early termination also explains why you don't see the finish message pop up the next day.