This page contains trivia for "The Hobbit". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- Timmy Burch is the only boy seen being photoshopped.
- Red was the only one of the girls who got photoshopped that wasn't insulted by Wendy.
- While looking through the photoshopped pictures of the girls, Craig's mobile operator is called "Singular". "Singular" is a parody of a defunct mobile operator called Cingular, which is now part of AT&T.
References to Popular Culture
- Kanye West interrupting Pope Francis' acceptance speech for Time magazine's Person of the Year award is a reference to his infamous interruption of Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. This also references Pope Francis actually being declared the Person of the Year for 2013, which was announced the same day the episode aired.
- The Hobbit is a three-part film series by Peter Jackson that was based on a novel by J.R.R Tolkien. The first film was released in 2012, and the second was released the same week as this episode.
- Throughout the episode, Kim Kardashian's outward appearance is compared to Bilbo Baggins, the aforementioned Hobbit protagonist of the book and films who goes on an adventure.
- J.R.R Tolkien's work was previously referenced in the episode "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers". The name being an amalgam of the titles of the books from the sequel Lord of the Rings trilogy; The Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, and Return of the King. These were also adapted into a film series by Peter Jackson.
- The music video of Kanye riding a motorcycle while rapping about Kim Kardashian is a reference to the music video for his song, "Bound 2", which she is featured in.
- When Kanye is reading the story of Kim Kardashian to Wendy, he refers to himself as God, a reference to his song, "I Am a God".
- The song Lisa is singing while the girls are working out/photoshopping themselves at the Total Self-Image gym is a parody of the Britney Spears song, "Work Bitch".
- There is a poster in Wendy's room for The First Unicorn, a parody of the animated film The Last Unicorn.
- Kanye West returns, being called 'Aquaman' by Mr. Garrison, due to his fish suit.
- West mentions being a "gay fish", a nod to his depiction in "Fishsticks".
- Lisa Berger, formally named Loraine, previously appeared in "Butterballs".
- Butters is shown to have retained his crush on Kim Kardashian.
- In "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs", a man who reads Butters' book kills the Kardashians, yet they are alive in this episode.
- In "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs", Butters states that he likes Kim Kardashian's full figure, saying her "butt is like a mountain of pudding" and that he wants to "jump on her belly". However, in this episode, he thinks she is extremely attractive due to a photoshopped picture of her.
- Timmy Burch is shown being photoshopped, most likely by Timmy himself. This would be the second occasion where he is shown to have computer picture editing skills, having photoshopped a picture of two naked men embracing with Jimmy Valmer's face replacing one of the men in "Cripple Fight".
- Nichole Daniels is confirmed to still be Token Black's girlfriend. She was first introduced in "Cartman Finds Love".
- Although her popularity plummets in this episode, Wendy appears to have been forgiven by the girls in "Gluten Free Ebola".
- This is one of the few times where Eric Cartman shows attraction to the opposite sex, the other times being in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" and "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
- When Wendy confronts Butters about Lisa Berger in the hallway, Heidi Turner can be seen at her locker with Lola. When Wendy walks away, Heidi is wearing a pink coat instead of the green coat she was wearing earlier in the scene.