- Not to be confused with Mr. McCormick.
Stuart McCormick is Carol McCormick's husband as well as Kenny, Karen, and Kevin McCormick's father. He first appeared in the Season One episode, "Starvin' Marvin", and is voiced by Matt Stone. His first name was revealed in "Chickenpox".
Being a heavy alcoholic, Stuart is drunk most of the time. He is shown to often argue and abuse his wife, but it appears to go both ways, as in some episodes Mrs. McCormick berates him without direct provocation. Although he and his wife have been shown physically abusing each other, it has never been shown or implied that Stuart abuses his children. When he is sober, he is very loving and caring to his wife. In "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", the two of them decided to have another child. When Kenny, trying to kill the unborn baby, offered his mother a drink, which he had blended a whole bottle of abortion pills into, and she explained that she couldn't take alcohol while pregnant, Stuart offered to drink it for her. He also tried to stop Kenny when he tried to plunge the baby out of his wife and at the end is the one to suggest they name the baby Kenny.
In the episode "Mysterion Rises" it is revealed that Stuart and his wife had been part of a cult centered around Cthulhu ten years before the series' events and that he had been with Mrs. McCormick at the time. He and his wife claim to have been extremely drunk while there - something their son does not question. It is also revealed that Kenny, disguised as Mysterion, has been scaring Stuart and Mrs. McCormick not to get high at night, fight as much, and to pay their children allowances.
Stuart and his family live in a run-down old bungalow. In "Chickenpox", it is revealed the house was made by Stuart and Gerald Broflovski when they were young. Their car is dismantled in front of the home and is home to stray cats and dogs. Inside it is dirty and stained. The McCormicks do not own much modern technology, as the family video game system is a ColecoVision, which is plugged into a monochrome television. In "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", the North Park Funland commercial is shown in color, implying that somewhere between the episodes "Chickenpox" and "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", the McCormicks procured a color television. In "A Ladder to Heaven", they somehow managed to afford a Robot Security Guard to protect Kenny's cremated body. In "The City Part of Town", the house was upgraded on the exterior, and he does seem to care about his house, as he got pissed off at Randy and told him "I don't want you touching my damn house!"
In "Chickenpox", it is also mentioned that Stuart used to work in a pizza factory when he was a teenager. He is currently jobless, due in major part to his alcoholism, and he and his family are on welfare, and live mainly off of plain frozen waffles, pop tarts, and bread sandwiches because of this. However, in "The Poor Kid" it is proved that the McCormicks run a Meth lab. In "Lil' Crime Stoppers", it was stated by the Bar owners that the McCormick's make Meth for them.
It was presumed this was Kenny's father's first appearance in the Season One episode, "Death". During the commentary on this episode, creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone deny it was Stuart McCormick and claim it was another non-related McCormick due to his not wearing the signature red "Scotch" cap and having dark brown hair and a goatee mustache.
Stuart has long, messy light brown hair and a brown mustache. He wears a white shirt under a light blue jacket with sleeves going up to his elbow, a black belt with a gray buckle, blue pants and black shoes. He also wears a red cap with a black border and a yellow sign with "SCOTCH" written on it. He has several dirt marks on his clothes and on his face and seems to have something that looks like a chain in his left pocket that goes up to the belt. When sleeping he wears dark blue pajamas.
On special occasions he wears a denim jacket over his shirt, but in later seasons he wore a brown tuxedo, white dress shirt, red bow-tie and blue pants.
In "South Park is Gay!", he is seen wearing a bandana without his hat, a fancy sleeveless shirt, white cowboy shoes, and blue pants.
After Season Thirteen, his character design model was re-polished, like many other characters. He now has two brown cloths sewn onto his coat in place of the yellow stickers.
- To see images of Stuart McCormick, visit Stuart McCormick/Gallery.
Stuart's surname suggests Irish and/or Scottish ancestry.
She is Stuart's wife and mother of Kevin, Kenny, and Karen. Little is known of their past, but they have been together for at least ten years, likely as old as their elder son, and share a love of drinking and drugs.
Stuart is shown to care deeply for his wife, when he is sober. When drunk, he and his wife frequently argue and get into domestic squabbles, although it seems to be reinforced that they do care about each other, particularly in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA".
In "Insecurity", he mentions "If you found out my wife was having sex with the UPS man, I'd want to you tell me".
Kevin is Stuart's elder son. He appears to be as old as Shelly Marsh, therefore being around thirteen years old. His relationship with Stuart tends to be strained, enough so that during a drunken fight with Stuart, both he and his wife are arrested.
Kenny is Stuart's younger son. Stuart is shown to care for Kenny, as he plays catch with him in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA".
In South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, when the army is shown singing, Stuart has a picture of Kenny on his helmet.
In "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining", Stuart was seen to be shocked and mortified at Kenny's deceased remains, which further reinforces his love and care for his son.
In 'Cripple Fight', he also gets shocked when nude pictures of Kenny were shown on television, which were taken by the Scout Leader.
Karen was seen with the McCormick's in the hospital in "Best Friends Forever", she had no speaking lines.
In "Fat Camp", while performing on the "Krazy Kenny Show", Kenny gave his grandfather a Swedish massage. The old man's name was not given, so it is unclear whether he is Stuart's father or father-in-law.
Stuart frequently hangs out with the other local men at the bar. Being the father of one of the main characters, he is closest to Randy Marsh, Gerald Broflovski, and Stephen Stotch. Although, he is not as relevant as the other fathers.
Mentioned in 'Cripple Fight', it was said that Stuart and Randy used to go to Boy Scouts when they were younger. Randy and Stuart are seen mostly in the pub together, and they seem to tolerate each other. In "The City Part of Town", he gets angry at Randy for insulting him, saying how his house 'sucks'.
Stuart and Gerald used to be best friends in high school, until Gerald started to get better grades, while Stuart's grades declined.
In "Chickenpox", Sheila and Mrs. McCormick arranged a fishing date for their husbands, in hopes that the old friendship could be restored. The outing went awry when the two of them argued over their views on each other which eventually turned into a fistfight. They made up at the end of the episode.
Mr. McCormick: (talking to Cartman dressed as a cop) It's just me and my wife and my brother. And my wife's cousin and his son and my brother's girlfriend, and our two kids. And my brother's girlfriend's mother, and this guy Bob who I met last year.
Cartman: (to the camera) Poor people tend to live in clusters.
Mr. McCormick: What? What did you say?
- Stuart's favorite liquor seems to be scotch, as it is written on the front of his trademark cap. This is also referenced by Eric Cartman in "Pinkeye".
- In "The Red Badge of Gayness", it is noted that Stuart is employed, although this may be false since this is never brought up again.
- A character referred to as 'Mr. McCormick' kills himself in the episode "Death". The character is similar to Stuart in many respects.
- Stuart is apparently very skilled in architecture, construction, and electronics. He and Gerald Broflovski built a clubhouse in their earlier years, which became the house the McCormicks now live in.
- Stuart can be found in South Park: The Stick of Truth outside Skeeter's Bar and Cocktails. You have to destroy some trash to wake him up, and then you can walk over to him and get a friend request.
- "Starvin' Marvin" - He and his wife cheer Kenny on while he's fishing for a can of preserved food.
- "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut" - Briefly seen at a bar.
- "Chickenlover" - Stuart and his wife are shown fighting when Cartman, as a police officer, investigates on them.
- "Chickenpox" - Stuart and Gerald go on a fishing trip in an effort to restore their old friendship.
- "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!" - Remind's Kenny to bring home some left over Turkey.
- "Spontaneous Combustion" - Goes to Kenny's funeral.
- "Jakovasaurs" - Seen watching football at the Marsh residence.
- "Chinpokomon" - Seen with other parents at the Marsh residence.
- "The Red Badge of Gayness - Stuart participates in the war re-enactment.
- "Quintuplets 2000" - Seen at the Marsh Residence, in the audience of the Cirque du Cheville show, and on the television asking the Romanians to let Kenny come back home.
- "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" - Stuart and his wife are trying to have another baby.
- "Fat Camp" - Stuart and his wife are proud that Kenny has his own live TV show.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" Stuart is taken to jail with the other parents and then returns back.
- "Cripple Fight" - Stuart does not want Big Gay Al leading the boy scouts.
- "Cartmanland" - Stuart and his wife sue Cartman because Kenny died on one of the rides in his amusement park.
- "Proper Condom Use" - Seen at the school PTA.
- "How to Eat with Your Butt" - Stuart and his wife get Kenny to apologize to the Thompsons, when he unintentionally tricked them into thinking that their lost son had been discovered.
- "Kenny Dies" - Stuart, his wife, and family mourn Kenny's semi-permanent death.
- "Red Hot Catholic Love" - Stuart becomes temporarily atheist.
- "A Ladder to Heaven" - The Boys visit him and asks where his body is, later they show them Kenny's ashes which was drunken by Cartman and replacement with cat litter much to the disgust of him, wife and the of the boys' parents.
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - Stuart is a pro-war fighter.
- "South Park is Gay!" - He becomes metrosexual along with all the other men.
- "Christian Rock Hard" - Visits Kenny at the police station.
- "Good Times with Weapons" - Seen at the Park County Community Center.
- "Best Friends Forever" Shown beside Kenny.
- "The Return of Chef" - Seen at Chef’s funeral.
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - Argues with his wife while Kenny Plays World of Warcraft.
- "Le Petit Tourette"- Seen at Whistlin' Willy's.
- "More Crap" - Stuart is one of the men marveling at the size of Randy's latest crap.
- "The List" - Seen eating dinner with his family and shocked after seeing Kenny getting hit by Bebe's stray bullet.
- "Tonsil Trouble" - Seen at the teachers lounge and is later seen at Cartman and Kyle's aids benefit concert.
- "Britney's New Look" - Seen taking photos of Britney Spears, along with many other people.
- "Major Boobage"
- "The Ring" - Goes to Kenny's funeral.
- "Sexual Healing" - Seen lying on the couch at his house.
- "It's a Jersey Thing" - With Randy Marsh and the boys fight against the Jerseyites trying to take over South Park.
- "Coon 2: Hindsight" - Awakened by the Coon alarm.
- "Mysterion Rises" - Mysterion speaks with him and his wife.
- "Coon vs. Coon & Friends" - Seen watching television with his wife and later is awoken by Kenny's rebirth.
- "You're Getting Old"
- "The Poor Kid" - Gets arrested, along with his wife.
- "I Should Have Never Gone Ziplining" - Seen shocked after receiving his son Kenny's remains from Mr. Hankey.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen at the PTA meeting with all the other parents.
- "Insecurity" - Seen with the other adult males rallying to get rid of the UPS delivery driver.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background while Jesus Christ gives his speech.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Complains to the local cable company after his murder porn television programming is blocked and learns to play MINECRAFT.
- "A Song of Ass and Fire" - Comments on Kenny's princess outfit.
- "Handicar" - He watches Wacky Races in his pajamas while eating cereal.
- "The Magic Bush"- Seen at the neighborhood watch meeting.
- "Cock Magic" - He is confronted by the police, who ask him about an illegal cock magic ring, which he has no knowledge of.
- "Stunning and Brave" - Seen drinking at Skeeter's Bar and Cocktails along with Randy Marsh and other fathers.
- "The City Part of Town" - Stuart is enraged of the newly built SoDoSoPa all around his house to make that part of town appear more cultural.
- "Naughty Ninjas"- Trying to call the police after homeless are living outside his house.
- "Skank Hunt" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Not Funny" - Seen at Harrison Yates' press conference about TrollTrace.com.
- "Put It Down" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Sons A Witches" - Dresses up like a witch with the other men on South Park.
- "Splatty Tomato" - Seen with the other adults at the Park County Community Center. Also seen outside when Ike Broflovski captures Herbert Garrison.
- "A Boy And A Priest" - Speaks to Randy about the meaningless of life.
- "The Problem with a Poo" - Seen at the Christmas Concert. Later seen watching Mr. Hankey leave South Park.
- "The Scoots" - Seen at the Park County Community Center.
- "Nobody Got Cereal?" - Seen at the South Park Community Center meeting.
- "Unfulfilled" - Starts a workers protest against Amazon.
- "Bike Parade" - Continues the strike, but later quits the job after the town unanimously decide to stop working for Amazon.
- "Band in China" - Seen at the Autumn Fest.
- "Shots!!!" - Seen at the PTA meeting. Later seen in the audience at the CDC Child Immunization challenge.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - Seen in the town meeting.
- "Season Finale" - Seen outside of City Hall, supporting Randy's imprisonment.
|South Park families|
Other Characters' Families