South Park Rally is a racing video game that features many characters from South Park, and locations such as the city itself, and Big Gay Al's animal sanctuary. The objective of the game can vary from race to race: sometimes a player is required to obtain an item or series of items, while at other times they are required to beat their opponents. The characters and items are all from Seasons 1-2. Scuzzlebutt, Sheila Broflovski, Liane Cartman, and other skins are not available in the Nintendo 64 version.
- Stan Marsh
- Kyle Broflovski
- Eric Cartman
- Kenny McCormick
- Wendy Testaburger
- Officer Barbrady
- Uncle Jimbo
- Bebe Stevens
- Big Gay Al
- Cartman Cop (from "Chickenlover")
- Mr. Garrison
- Marvin Marsh
- Mr. Mackey
- Starvin' Marvin
- Dr. Mephesto
- Ned Gerblansky
- Pip Pirrip
- Shelly Marsh
- Scuzzlebutt (PS and PC only)
- Tweek Tweak
- Ike Broflovski
- Sheila Broflovski (PS and PC only)
- Terrance and Phillip
- Liane Cartman (PS and PC only)
- Football Kenny (from "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride")
- Hip-Hop Cartman (from "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut")
- Raggedy Andy Stan (from "Pinkeye")
- Vampire Kyle (from "Pinkeye")
- William Wallace Chef (from "Starvin' Marvin")
- Chocolate Salty Balls
- Terrance Turbo
- Big Gay Al's
- Carnival (Dreamcast version only)
- Gridiron/Stadium (Multiplayer only; not featured on PlayStation 1 version)
- This is the second and final 3D-rendered South Park game to be released, as well as the last South Park game released by Acclaim Entertainment.
- This is the only game where Scuzzlebutt appears without Patrick Duffy.
- In the Dreamcast version, the final scene is different than other versions.
- Some of the cars driven by the characters are featured in the series.
- Dr. Mephesto has a cameo appearance in the Carnival, despite being a playable character.
- If you are playing Spring Cleaning Race in arcade mode, and you activate 5 Caffeine Pick-Ups, the text Unlocked Cheat will appear on the screen.
- This error is not fixed in the Microsoft version, and Tweek can be unlocked in the arcade mode.
- In the Halloween level (only in Championship mode) several animals are wearing hockey masks, a reference to Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th franchise.
- Inside the game files, there is a sound clip of Mayor McDaniels saying, "Who the hell is that?".
- This is the final South Park video game to feature voice work by Isaac Hayes and Mary Kay Bergman, with the latter having died several months prior to the game's release.
There were some items, modes, and characters that were removed from the game before its release:
- Ms. Crabtree, Chickenlover, A Clown, and Fat Abbott were intended to be playable characters.
- Ms. Crabtree would have been unlocked in Rally Days 1, Chickenlover in the Read-A-Book Day Race, and The Clown in Cows Days race.
- Stuart McCormick was intended to be a hazard character.
- Ike Broflovski was meant to be a pick-up, instead of a playable character.
- A Triangle of Zinthar and a Firework were intended to be pick-ups.
- A blue speedometer was meant to be included in the HUD.
- A race mode called Football was meant to be in the game.
- South Park Elementary was meant to be in the game as a track.
- Originally, the player could have four items instead of three.
- "This Week's New Releases". CNET Gamecenter (July 7, 2000). Archived from the original on August 17, 2000.
- "Dude, South Park Rally is Now Available for the PC!". acclaim.com (January 24, 2000). Archived from the original on March 1, 2000.
- "Acclaim Confirms Video and PC Games Release Schedule Through Fiscal 2000". acclaim.com (February 15, 2000). Archived from the original on August 17, 2004.
- "Get Drivin' With Your Bad Self With Acclaim's "South Park Rally" Racing Game". acclaim.com (January 5, 2000). Archived from the original on March 2, 2000.