South Park Rally is a racing video game that features many characters from South Park, and locations such as the city itself and Big Gay Al's home. The objective of the races can vary from race to race; sometimes a player is required to obtain an item/series of items and at other times the player is required to beat the other players. The characters and items are all from Seasons 1-2. Scuzzlebutt, Sheila Broflovski, Liane Cartman and other skins are not available in the Nintendo 64 version.
- Stan Marsh
- Kyle Broflovski
- Eric Cartman
- Kenny McCormick
- Wendy Testaburger
- Officer Barbrady
- Uncle Jimbo
- Bebe Stevens
- Big Gay Al
- Cartman Cop
- Mr. Garrison
- Marvin Marsh
- Mr. Mackey
- Starvin' Marvin
- Dr. Mephesto
- Ned Gerblansky
- Pip Pirrip
- Shelly Marsh
- Tweek Tweak
- Ike Broflovski
- Sheila Broflovski
- Terrance and Phillip
- Liane Cartman
- Football Kenny (From "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride")
- Hip-Hop Cartman (From "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut")
- Raggedy Andy Stan (From "Pinkeye")
- Vampire Kyle (From "Pinkeye")
- William Wallace Chef (From "Starvin' Marvin")
- Big Gay Al's
- Carnival (Sega Dreamcast Exclusive)
- Gridiron/Stadium (Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 & PC Exclusive; Multiplayer only)
- This is the second and last South Park 3d game to be released. as well as the last South Park game to be released by Acclaim Entertainment.
- This is the only game where Scuzzlebutt appears without Patrick Duffy.
- In the Dreamcast version, the final scene is different than other versions.
- Some cars of the characters featured in the series.
- Dr. Mephesto has a cameo appearance in the Carnival, despite he is a playable character.
- If you're playing Spring Cleaning Race in arcade mode, and you activate 5 Caffeine Pick-Ups, the text ''Unlocked Cheat'' will appear on the screen.
- This error is not fixed in the Microsoft version, and Tweek can be unlocked in the arcade mode.
- in the Halloween level (only in Championship mode) several animals are wearing hockey masks, a reference to Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th franchise.
- Inside the game files, there's a sound clip of Mayor McDaniels saying, "Who the hell is that?".
There were some items, modes, and characters that were discarded from the game before its release:
- Ms. Crabtree, Chickenlover, A Clown and The Fat Abbott were intended to be playable characters.
- Veronica would have been unlocked in Rally Days 1, Chickenlover in Read-A-Book Day Race, and The Clown in Cows Days race.
- Stuart McCormick was intended to be a hazard character.
- Ike Broflovski was meant to be a pick-up, instead of a playable character.
- Triangle of Zinthar and a Firework were intended to be pick-ups.
- A blue speedometer was meant to be included in the HUD.
- A race mode called Football was meant to be in the game.
- South Park Elementary was meant to be in the game as a track.
- Originally, the player could have four items instead of three.