Becoming an Admin
I think this should be added to the "Becoming an Admin" section. This should explain that simply fulfilling all the requiremants, doesn't automaticaly mean that someone will be made an admin.
- Here's what I think should be in the article:
- For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. The minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are 1000 edits in the article, category or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count) as well as a continued activity of at least 3 months at this wiki.
- If you meet these requirements and want to become an admin, you need to start a forum thread, titled "Adminship request - [your username]", where members of the South Park community will be able to discuss whether or not you should be made admin. In the thread, say why you think you should be made one. The final decision will be up to the bureaucrat(s) after the community has its say.
- Please note that administratorship is not a reward for good contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than other users. Simply put, an admin is a user who is being trusted with access to certain technical features to aid in maintenance. Not everybody who meets the requirements will automatically become an administrator; admins are appointed on a per-need basis.
- Based on The Vault's admin requiremants.
Wow! I've never seen a rules page to be so long! You guys mean serious business! That EXACTLY how I am with my wiki sites! HenryDuckFan 03:28, July 20, 2011 (UTC)