Time to change the article?
Its November and 'the China Probrem' has 2 for with the other choices haveing zero. JPanzerj 22:44, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well hardly anyone else has been around the last few days. Mr. Garrison only showed up quick to respond to my question. But it clearly got the spot. So we should change it.--Matt 23:07, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
I cast a vote for Mr Slave JAotM
Time to Change the article again?
Well it's January and Bebe has won the vote apparently. Should we change it now? (I'd change it myself but I don't know if I should since I'm not an admin) Shadowyoshi 04:29, January 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Done, thanks for the reminder Shadowyoshi. :)
- By the way any registered contributor can change the AotM by going to the Featured Article template for the editing the header and the Articletofeature template to edit the actual AotM.
JPanzerj 05:22, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Definitely Kyle cause he's the only one of the main 4 who hasn't been the AOTM yet, Toilet Paper, and Chef. Jmonkey49 (Talk) 21:35, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with what's written above, Kyle and Chef are a good choice because they're both pretty good articles. --Anonymous (Talk) 22:09, March 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think that we need an explanation with each vote.
- Is the poll to see whether kyle should be nominated so we would have to vote twice for him to be the AOTM and what about other nominations? I'm talking to Neocarleen about it and I think we should talk to American4real. And none of the admins want to do anything or check some of the changes. Jmonkey49 (Talk) 02:03, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh well I voted for kyle to be nominated, I would vote for Chef actually and I think we should leave the format the same cause i want to know who voted for who. And tell me what pages you want nominated cause once you do I'm changing the AOTM voting page to Kyle, Chef, and Toilet Paper(unless you have better ideas). Jmonkey49 (Talk) 02:31, March 7, 2010 (UTC)
I changed this month's Featured article to Chef, since he got 2 votes to kyle's 1.
For April's Featured Article I'd like to nominate:
Jmonkey49 and Anon have eliminated voting. No one cared enough to vote. Now all pages can be nominated and placed under nominations and they will decide which is the best article to be AOTM. Jmonkey49 (Talk) 02:04, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Isnt Time for A new ATOM? Since Jmonkey is on vacation and Anonimus is on other SPwikia's.
Thangthang15 07:26, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I always forget about the AOTM.
- Lol, there is June And not July xD.
- Thangthang15 09:27, July 7, 2010 (UTC)
The Spirit of Christmas
I really think The Spirit of Xmas should be the next featured article, because October is when the second half of season 14 starts. Which means that a ton of new people will be watching the show, lots of them will be brand-new to it and so we'll have a lot of new people coming to this site. And I don't think anything would be more interesting to a newly-born fan than a "how it all began..." story. What I've learned is that being a huge life-long fan of something usually boils down to very perfect timing. Lots of people love Zelda: OOT even more than they normally would because it's all about growing up, and they played it when they themselves were young teenagers. And in fact, a lot of the big SP fans like us are here because we watched the show one day in just the right mood, and we saw just the right episode at the right time.
So what I'm saying is that having The Spirit of Xmas as the October featured article has a pretty high chance of slipping people into that perfect place of making someone a fan. And why am I going on about this so long? Because the more fans there are, the more people there are to help us with this Wiki. ;| Davoo 23:37, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
Santa for December
I say Santa should totally be the article for December. Every time this year it should be something Christmas Related.
Also, we should pick something really, really good for April when the new episodes start and the traffic here quadruples. I think it should be Scott Tennorman Must Die. Because, come on, is there a lot of argument that it's not objectively one of the best episodes ever? :') Davoo 08:09, November 30, 2010 (UTC)
It seems like I'm pretty much totally deciding what to do with the FAOTM. Cool. Davoo 10:00, December 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, anybody can add a nomination, and then the admins pick one for each month from that list. I guess you just choose the best articles to nominate! ;)
I'm just going to assume that during this time of year, the people who will most likely be browsing the south park wiki are...
1: People who have recently become big-time fans and want to learn everything about the show
2: Long-time fans who haven't seen the show in a long time and are wanting to brush up on their knowledge
If I'm correct on this, then what articles could we present that would best accommodate these demographics? For the first group of people, we should pick something that is important to the show, but isn't something most people know about.
How about, "Something you can do with your finger"? I find this episode to be incredibly important to the show, and not just because it's when the writers started considering the "basic story" concept. What I think is REALLY significant about this episode is the dream that Cartman has at the beginning. It was here that he got it in his mind to make a million dollars, and for the next year or so, he kept trying over and over again to make a million dollars. It brought out the greed and evil-plotting in him. It developed his character as much more than just a simple selfish goofy kid, but as an evil mastermind. It was in STMD that his true darkness was officially revealed and called forth, but it was in Something you can do with your finger that the seed was planted.
What do you think? Davoo 01:16, January 27, 2011 (UTC)
I know I already lobbied for making a big deal on the front page about Season 14 on DVD. But now I think is the perfect chance to really get people excited/anxious about it. What do you think, is having a DVD as the featured article of the month too tacky? This might be the only time there's some genuinely interesting news/events going on around the video releases, we may never get a chance to do this again. Davoo 10:18, February 27, 2011 (UTC)