Shub-Niggurath is an Elder God. She made her first and only appearance in "South Park: The Fractured But Whole".
Shub-Niggurath is an Outer God in the Mythos and an incredible fertility deity, with the ability to give life, and take it with little effort.
In "South Park: The Fractured But Whole", she is an Elder God who resides in the basement of Park County Police Station, being worshiped by the cops. Due to the fact she apparently craves "dark meat," the police falsely arrest black citizens across town and feed them to her.
Shub-Niggurath appears as the final boss in the police station, and is destroyed by the temporary alliance formed by Coon and Friends and Freedom Pals.
Like many Elder Gods, Shub-Niggurath is a morbid combination of tentacles and giant mouths.
Despite the complete greatness of her tentacles, she is in possession of a gigantic one, used to deliver powerful hits to the enemies, the ones who are hit will have no chance of survival. Similarly, among her mouths, there is a giant one located in the upper body, with knife-like teeth to chomp. She also has a smaller exit below for ovulating and regurgitating devoured allies. Blinking yellow dots can be seen scattered across her body, likely serving as light receptors, therefore her eyes.
iä, iä, Shub-Niggurath!
Black Goat of the woods!
Blessed be us, your faithful servants, the destroyer of light.
iä, iä, Shub-Niggurath! Black Goat with one-thousand morbid young, Draw down the moon and extinguish the sun.
Powers and Abilities
Shub-Niggurath is an evil goddess with powers beyond imagination, any possible way of attack will result in complete devastation. And any attack against will be proven futile, the only way to defeat her is through feeding "White meat" to her.
Due to being a fertility goddess, she is able to continuously ovulate and plant eggs onto the battlefield, which will explode on those surrounding it upon taking damage.
As revealed in the process of combat, Shub-Niggurath has two states.
Once Shub has ingested "White meat" and loses health, she will crawl out of the pit with extreme anger, ready to bring damage to the humans in front.
Her attacks will cover four columns on the right, and will destroy anything in the way with damage up to 9999. The polices on the left will deliver grenade attacks to force children to get closer to Shub.
The best way to react in this situation is to flee from the scene, using rushing abilities will allow the heroes to take places of the safe polices, thus making them safe.
Having expressed her anger, the goddess will return to the pit and wait for sacrifice, in this case, she will attack two columns on the right by devouring her victims into her mouth, leaving no corpses behind. It should also be noted that dead companions can still be devoured.(Not for dead Mysterion though)
- Shub-Niggurath is apparently not fully immortal, due to the very fact that she was defeated by a bunch of kids and cannot actually "kill" Mysterion (although she can devour him), though her defeat may have simply resulted in the destruction of her physical form rather than true death.
- Shub-Niggurath can take damage (albeit much less damage, only 1000) from eating either a white New Kid or your teammates (excluding Token). If she eats the New Kid (if the character is black) or Token, then she will regain 2500 health.
- Shub-Niggurath in the Mythos is described as an "enormous cloudy mass" entity, an external form that the game fails to match well with. However, the game's appearance matches "the Dark Young"'s quite perfectly, with four main tentacles and a tree-like form. This implies that the "Shub-Niggurath" under the station may be only an extension of the true Elder God.
- This may also explain why the Skeleton key made to enter the basement is "standard issue" for every police station.
- Shub-Niggurath is the second Lovecraftian deity to appear in South Park, the first her grandson Cthulhu.