Sharon was portrayed in earlier seasons as a loving but stern suburban mother. She wanted to protect Stan from the 'dirty' language and vulgar humor of his favorite cartoon, Terrance and Phillip, in "Death" and South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. In "Spookyfish", she was so protective that she buried the bodies of people she thought Stan had killed, in order to prevent Stan from being charged with murder. In actuality, it was his new pet goldfish that murdered the people, to which Sharon felt regretful for not realizing in the first place. She was also unofficially in charge of the movement against Chinpokomon dolls in "Chinpokomon". However, she has often been caught up in fads around town, such as holistic medicine in "Cherokee Hair Tampons" and atheism in "Red Hot Catholic Love".
During the episodes in which she was voiced by April Stewart, Sharon had become the same half of her marriage. She serves as a foil to the craziness that surrounds her; craziness often caused by her husband, Randy. In "The Losing Edge", she was embarrassed by Randy getting drunk and starting fights at Stan's little league games. This was apparently lost on Randy, who imagined her cheering him on in his big fight against the Bat Dad. In "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson", she is noticeably upset and disappointed in the car ride home after Randy says the N-word on Wheel Of Fortune. In the Pandemic story arc, she gets repeatedly angry at Randy for videotaping the guinea pig attacks.
Sharon is named after Trey Parker's mother, Sharon Parker. Sharon was referred to her as "Carol" in the Season One episode, "Death", however, many characters had different names when they were first introduced. Sharon Parker, unlike Mrs. Marsh, is an insurance broker while Mrs. Parker is an insurance saleswoman.
In the episode "You're Getting Old", she reveals she has been unhappy with her marriage and can't fake it anymore, claiming her life feels like the same ridiculous shit every week, and as a result divorces her husband and moves with her son and daughter to a new home while Randy moves away from himself.
Sharon's outfit slightly resembles that of Stan's, except with a few slight variations. She wears a brown sweater with red frilly ruffles on the cuffs and the collar, and dark blue jeans. Her hair is brown and seems to be slightly wavy.
Some characters find her attractive, especially for her cleavage. This is first made evident in "Lil' Crime Stoppers". Butters, asked by the boys to provide a semen sample for a case, is unable to produce one throughout the episode. At the end of the episode, he was finally able to produce one after he imagined Sharon's breasts. Later, in "Pre-School", The 6th Graders agree to protect the boys from Trent Boyett in exchange for a photo of Sharon's breasts, telling Stan, "Your mom has the hottest boobs!" Because of the way women in South Park were traditionally animated at the series' start, Sharon's breasts or cleavage cannot be seen by the audience unless she is in nothing but a brassiere or a swimsuit.
At night, she wears a creamy-white, knee-length nightgown with pink lining at the hem and neck, and two orange-yellow flowers embroidered on the chest.
For special occasions, she wears a brown dress with red trimming on top or a black dress, a pearl necklace, and gold earrings.
It is heavily implied in many scenes in the Marsh family's living room that Sharon is farsighted, as whenever she is reading or doing finances, she is seen wearing reading glasses.
In "Whale Whores", Sharon can be seen wearing a blue bathing suit at the Denver Aquarium. It is unknown if the suit is a one or two-piece suit, as it is hidden by a life vest.
In "Something You Can Do with Your Finger", when Randy leaves to be in a boy band, he says bye to a girl, presumably his girlfriend, who looks incredibly like a younger Sharon with longer hair.
In "Ass Burgers", Sharon wears a pink gown in the morning when making Stan his breakfast.
- To see images of Sharon Marsh, visit Sharon Marsh/Gallery.
- Main article: Randy Marsh
Sharon's husband is Randy Marsh, who she seemed to be inseparable from for the first season and half of the second season. In the Season Two episode, "Clubhouses", they divorced because they were constantly arguing. Sharon briefly dated Roy, whom Stan could never get on good terms with, due to Roy's pettish reaction to whatever he said towards him. Towards the end of the episode, Randy and Sharon played 'Truth or Dare' and, touched by the sentiments surrounding the game and their history together, fell in love again and remarried.
However, there have been a few strains in the marriage. Sharon was annoyed with Randy and even yelled at him in "Pandemic" for recording everything the family did, saying at the start to Stan, "(Because) ever since your father got that stupid video camera, he thinks he has to record everything the family does." As she was reprimanding him for recording everything the family does, the Furry Death began. After a scare, the family evidently survived, and they went on to survive the entire crisis.
Sharon is shown to have a fetish in "Medicinal Fried Chicken", when Randy intentionally gives himself testicular cancer, making his testicles swell up to a massive size. Randy mentions that women just love big balls.
Randy's obsession with cooking in "Crème Fraiche" was distracting him from paying attention to Sharon and their marriage was on the brink of failure, so Sharon took up an interest in the Shake Weight. After growing annoyed by how clingy it was, she eventually abandoned it. To fix their marriage, and make Randy pay attention to her again, Sharon used what she learned from the shake weight to give Randy an "old fashioned" (a handjob), strengthening their relationship.
They divorce once more in "You're Getting Old" and it seemed to be permanent, however, they did manage to resolve their differences in the following episode, and remarried. Randy and Sharon haven't had a major falling out since then, implying that their relationship has improved.
In the Season Twenty-One premiere episode, "White People Renovating Houses", Sharon helps Randy with his obsession with renovating houses and starts a show with him. Sharon did the decorating while Randy did the construction. She didn't seem at all interested, and may have only done the show with Randy to support him, which would be implying that their relationship is getting even better.
- Main article: Shelly Marsh
Sharon's daughter is Shelly Marsh, who has adopted her mother's hair color. Sharon and Randy are unconcerned and oblivious to the fact Shelly physically abuses to Stan, to the point of destroying a part of their house. They sometimes seem to believe that Stan is making up stories about their daughter's rage issues, until she eventually sees her beating him in "Over Logging" relentlessly. Shelly accused her of favoring Stan in "PC Principal Final Justice".
- Main article: Stan Marsh
Her son is Stanley Marsh. She seems to be closer to him than her daughter, although she does get angry with him at irrational moments, while also remaining pleased with him at times when she should be angry. In "Spookyfish" she tried to protect him by burying the dead bodies of the Spookyfish's victims because she thought Stan killed them. She told him in the episode "Clubhouses", that she considers his happiness and Shelly's happiness secondary to her own, however, this may have been just a throwaway joke as Sharon's actions as a mother contradict this. In "Pandemic", she was very worried about Stan when he was arrested by the military as a part of a Peruvian flute band. In "Cartoon Wars Part I", Sharon reads Stan a bedtime story.
- Main article: Flo Kimble
Aunt Flo was Sharon's aunt, who would come to visit the Marsh residence once a month and stay for nearly a week at a time. In the episode "Spookyfish", Aunt Flo gave her great-nephew, Stan a goldfish for Halloween, but it was evil, and killed many people, including Aunt Flo. This upset Sharon, because Aunt Flo would not come and visit her anymore. Before her death, Aunt Flo caught Sharon walking into the house, covered in blood, and carrying a shovel after burying the first murdered victim of the fish. Flo comments that it reminds her of a time when Sharon was twelve years old and in which she saw Sharon doing the exact same thing, implying that Sharon may have been involved with another murder at the time.
Aunt Flo is an obvious reference to the menstrual cycle, and her death parodies the menopause.
- Main article: Roy
Roy was Sharon's new boyfriend after she divorced Randy in "Clubhouses". She stayed with him until she and Randy played 'Truth or Dare' in Stan's clubhouse, in which Sharon dared Randy to have sex with her, causing them to make up and for Sharon to break up with Roy. He seemed to have what could best be described as bipolar disorder. One moment trying to be nice and caring towards Stan, then after simply shrugging it off Roy became angry and irrational. He consistently told Stan to chop firewood after these incidences, so much that Stan stated they had enough for a whole year.
- Main article: Jimbo Kern
Jimbo is Sharon's brother. She takes care of him when he's stricken with Covid-19 in "The Pandemic Special".
- Arson: In "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes", she burns down a Wall-Mart, and Jim's Drugs.
- Sharon Marsh is April Stewart's favorite role.
- Sharon is the only member of the Marsh family to not be seen wearing clothing from Tegridy Farms since Randy's acquisition of the farm.
- Butters and the 6th Graders are sexually attracted to Sharon's breasts.
- Her maiden name is Kimble, as mentioned in the episode "My Future Self n' Me." However, Jimbo Kern was confirmed to be her brother in "The Pandemic Special"
- Sharon has not used the word "fuck" for the entire series until "Dead Kids"
- Both Sharon Marsh and Mrs. Tenorman are known for having the most attractive breasts in South Park.
Sharon began with a fairly minor role but became a more significant character as she started to be developed into a foil for Randy's antics. She has had a speaking role in multiple episodes in every season, as well as in the movie and the video game South Park: The Stick of Truth.
- "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" - First appearance and introduced as Stan and Shelly's mother as well as Randy Marsh's wife.
- "Death" - Sharon and her husband, Randy, join the group protesting Terrance and Phillip. She was referred to as "Carol" in this episode along with Sheila Broflovski.
- "Damien" - Watches a Boxing match between Jesus and Satan.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" (cameo)
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady" - Tells off Sheila for scaring her son.
- "Clubhouses" - Sharon and Randy divorce due to constant bickering. Sharon remarries to a guy named Roy.
- "Spookyfish" - Sharon's Aunt Flo comes to stay. Sharon buries all the dead bodies whom the fish has slaughtered, believing Stan to be the culprit.
- "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!"
- "Chickenpox" - Visits Stan at Hell's Pass Hospital
- "Rainforest Shmainforest" (Cameo) - Seen with The Boys other mothers, before they go on a trip to the rain forest.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
- "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub"
- "Chinpokomon" - Seen with her husband watching one of Stan's Chinpokomon VHS tapes.
- "Timmy 2000" - Buy's Ritalin for Stan.
- "Quintuplets 2000" - Seen preparing to go the Cirque du Cheville show.
- "Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? "- Goes to church with her family.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure"- Sharon is taken to jail with the other parents and then returns back.
- "Proper Condom Use"
- "Towelie" - Gets her son the 2001 Okama GameSphere.
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" - She and Randy try to track down the boys and the porno they rented. After meeting with the other parents, they all decide to put the porn "into context."
- "The Death Camp of Tolerance"- She and Randy send Stan to Tolerance camp.
- "My Future Self n' Me" - She and Randy hire an actor to play a drug-addicted adult version of Stan after he touches Marijuana.
- "South Park is Gay!" - She, along with the other wives, is at first okay with metrosexuality, but becomes mad when the men pay no attention to them.
- "Christian Rock Hard" - Visits Stan in prison.
- "Good Times with Weapons" - Seen at the Park County Community Center.
- "Douche and Turd" - Sharon supports Turd Sandwich because she thinks Giant Douche is sexist.
- "The Losing Edge"
- "Trapped in the Closet" - Eats her dinner with her family.
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft"
- "Stanley's Cup" - Seen as one of the spectators at the pee-wee hockey team.
- "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" - Gets embarrassed by her husband after he said the "N" word on Wheel of Fortune.
- "Le Petit Tourette" - Seen in the crowd of Dateline.
- "More Crap" - Sharon thinks it ridiculous that all of the men are obsessing over Randy's latest crap.
- "Tonsil Trouble" - Seen at the teachers' lounge and is later seen at Cartman and Kyle's aids benefit concert.
- "Britney's New Look" - Seen taking photos of Britney Spears, along with many other people.
- "Over Logging" - Moves to California with her family.
- "Pandemic" - She gets irritated by Randy persistently videotaping everything the family does, and this goes to the next level when Stan goes missing, having been arrested by the military because he had made a Peruvian flute band.
- "Eat, Pray, Queef" - She is angry at Randy and Stan for getting mad at her queefing. She tells them about the still existent double-standard between men and women and inspires them to sing "Queef Free".
- "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" - While sorting the laundry in Stan's room, discovers a rough draft of the eponymous novel co-written by Stan and his friends. She reads it and can't help but vomit at the story's putrid, and sickening content. later shows the draft to her husband and they both show it to the rest of the parents in South Park to get the novel published.
- "It's a Jersey Thing" - Sharon invites a Jersey family over to her house and pisses them off. She also goes to the Jersey hair salon.
- "Insheeption" - Sharon comments how something being complex doesn't mean that it is cool.
- "Crème Fraiche" - Sharon tries out the new Shake Weight, which gives her "exercise".
- "You're Getting Old" - Sharon divorces her husband and admits to being unhappy with her marriage.
- "Ass Burgers" - Sharon reconciles with Randy Marsh and remarries him.
- "Broadway Bro Down" - Became obsessed with Broadway musicals along with her husband.
- "Cash For Gold" - Seen visiting her father in-law at the retirement center.
- "Sarcastaball" - Became worried about Randy's non-stop sarcasm and took him to a doctor.
- "Insecurity" - Seen receiving products she ordered from Amazon, delivered by the UPS delivery driver.
- "A Nightmare on Face Time" - Seen working at Randy's Blockbuster.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background while Jesus Christ gives his speech.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Sharon watches murder porn with Randy.
- "Black Friday" - Sharon disapproves of Randy's motives for taking a job as a security guard at South Park Mall for Black Friday.
- "Titties and Dragons" - Sharon grounds Stan for defecating in the Garden Man's garden, an action that was actually done by Eric Cartman.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Sharon becomes gluten-free.
- "The Cissy" - Sharon tells Randy that if she could talk to Lorde she would tell "her" to continue to express who "she" is inside, despite other people's disapproval.
- "Handicar" - She watches Wacky Races in her pajamas while eating cereal.
- "The Magic Bush" - She attends the Neighborhood Watch meeting with Randy.
- "Freemium Isn't Free" - She and Randy punish Stan for his high mobile bill and she talks with Randy about Stan's problem.
- "Cock Magic" - She is unhappy upon hearing that Randy is doing cock magic again, then becomes concerned when Randy tells her that Stan is into cock magic.
- "#REHASH" - She is disappointed in Randy after he rubbed his clit on stage at the "Women of Rock" concert. She also sleeps with the hologram of Tupac Shakur.
- "#HappyHolograms" - She helps Randy reveal his identity as he tries to stop the Washington Redskins Go Fuck Yourself Holiday Special.
- "Stunning and Brave"- Talks to Randy the day after he goes to see PC Principal.
- "Where My Country Gone?"- Seen watching the Canadians leave.
- "The City Part of Town"- Seen at the Whole Foods Market.
- "Tweek x Craig"- Asks Randy to talk to Stan.
- "Naughty Ninjas"- Tells Randy that Stan is playing Ninjas.
- "Sponsored Content"- Finds Jimmy's article on PC standing for Pussy Crushing.
- "Truth and Advertising"- Finds out her family is being priced out of town.
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Threatens Randy with a gun.
- "Member Berries"- Seen at the dinner table.
- "Skank Hunt" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "The Damned" - Despite not seen physically, she is briefly heard yelling at Randy about the 2016 presidential election.
- "Oh, Jeez" - Seen eating dinner with Randy and Shelly, when Randy "infects" her with Memberberries.
- "Not Funny" - Seen at church.
- "The End of Serialization as We Know It" - Seen watching the news with her family.
- "White People Renovating Houses" - Starts a show with Randy, renovating houses.
- "Put It Down" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Franchise Prequel" - Participates in a meeting with the other parents.
- "Hummels & Heroin" - Visits her father-in-law at his retirement home.
- "Sons A Witches"
- "Splatty Tomato" - Seen worried about Stan and about what the president is doing.
- "Dead Kids" - Angry that no-one else cares about the school shootings happening, making everyone believe she's going through either her period or menopause.
- "A Boy And A Priest" - Goes to church with her family.
- "The Problem with a Poo" - Watches Mr. Hankey leave South Park.
- "Tegridy Farms" - Moves to Tegridy Farms with her family.
- "The Scoots" - Worries they don't have enough candy for all the trick or treaters.
- "Nobody Got Cereal?" - Seen at the South Park Community Center meeting.
- "Bike Parade" - Tells Randy that Tegridy Farms was a bad business idea.
- "Mexican Joker" - Works at the Tegridy Farms gift shop. Later calls Randy a towel.
- "Band in China" - Watches her son perform in Crimson Dawn.
- "Shots!!!" - Gets sick of Randy gloating about making $300,000.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - Randy asks her for ideas about making more money selling weed.
- "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special" - Tells Randy that Shelly hasn't come out of her room in two days.
- "Season Finale"- Seen telling Stan and Shelly that Randy has been arrested. She then later has a party at the farm.
- "Turd Burglars" - Seen at the women's meeting at Park County Community Center
- "The Pandemic Special" - Complains to Randy about having another special.
Sharon appears in Tom's Rhinoplasty, where she sells the player various wigs, makeup, and nose jobs. She makes no further appearances.
|South Park families|
Other Characters' Families
|Kern / Kimble / Marsh Family|