Scuzzlebutt is a basket-weaving monster who lives on top of a mountain in South Park. He has a piece of celery as an arm and Patrick Duffy as a leg. He appears prominently in the Season One episode, "Volcano". He has had several cameo appearances since.
In "Volcano", Cartman tells the story of Scuzzlebutt to scare his friends, depicting him as a vicious monster, though they do not believe him. In order to scare them even more, Cartman dresses up as Scuzzlebutt. This plan failed and Cartman was almost shot.
Eventually, a volcano erupted and Cartman and the others were trapped, as the town built a trench to divert the lava away from the town. This is when Scuzzlebutt appears for real, much to Cartman's surprise, and weaves a wicker basket that saves the children. Shortly after, Stan kills Scuzzlebutt to prove to his Uncle Jimbo that he is a good nephew, but that pretty much failed.
In "City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)", in-keeping with the re-imagined versions of the flashback sequences in that episode, Scuzzlebutt instead weaves some ice cream and has Brent Musburger for a leg instead of Patrick Duffy.
At the end of South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Scuzzlebutt is seen in the crowd on the right while everyone is singing the "Mountain Town reprise" despite the fact that he was killed way before the American-Canadian War.
Skuzzlebutt is a large brown creature with Patrick Duffy as a leg and a celery stick for an arm. He has dark brown hair and a dark brown beard.
He is a kind, sweet-natured creature with a basic grasp of the English language, as he is shown able to say the words "friend" and "Volcano". He is reclusive but unafraid of humans. He is benevolent and thoughtful, as he is shown saving the boys in a wicker basket and giving some freshly-picked mountain flowers to Mayor McDaniels.
- In some early advertisements for the South Park video game, it was revealed that there was originally going to be a level involving Scuzzlebutt as a boss, but the idea was scrapped.
- Scuzzlebutt appears in the crowd at the end of the South Park Theme.
- Scuzzlebutt is in the game South Park Rally, but not in the Nintendo 64 version.
- Scuzzlebutt is a monster that was inspired by a real life legendary monster in Colorado.
- In the Spanish version of Scuzzlebutt, Patrick Duffy was replaced by Ricky Martin. And in the Hungarian version, he is replaced by Tom Cruise.
- Scuzzlebutt appears in South Park: The Stick of Truth, albeit stuffed and display in Jimbo's Guns, and very rarely jumps in and out of the foreground view when the game is paused. In the game, Scuzzlebutt has an identical hand instead of a piece of celery and the head of his Patrick Duffy leg is always covered by something.
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone created Scuzzlebutt during a conversation with Deborah Liebling. While meeting with her, they started drawing the character and decided to add a celery hand and Patrick Duffy leg for no particular reason.
- "Volcano" - Debut appearance. He saved the boys, Jimbo, and Ned from the lava. This is his only physical appearance that isn’t a flashback.
- "City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)" - Seen in the "Volcano" flashback and giving The Boys, Jimbo and Ned some ice cream. In the flashback, Scuzzlebutt had Brent Musburger for a leg instead of Patrick Duffy.
- "Jakovasaurs" - Seen in the background when Ned is calling to see if his voice box has arrived.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Seen in the end when "Mountain Town (Reprise)" was being sung.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" - A person with Scuzzlebutt's picture on a T-shirt is standing behind Kyle at the Raging Pussies concert.
- "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - A person with Scuzzlebutt's picture on a T-shirt is standing behind boys when Kenny dies.
- "Stanley's Cup" - A newspaper headline reading "What is Scuzzlebutt??" is visible behind Stan's boss at the beginning of the show.
- "Major Boobage" - A teen boy with Scuzzlebutt's picture on a orange t-shirt is seen during a special report on the TV.
- "Truth and Advertising" - A newspaper headline reading "What is Scuzzlebutt??" is seen in the school newsroom.
- "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special" - A pumpkin at Randy's Halloween party has an image of Scuzzlebutt carved into it.
Scuzzlebutt appears in the mini game called Scuzzlebutt. The monster appears at the top of a tree on fire, screaming for help. You have to extinguish the fire with water balloons and rescue Scuzzlebutt (and Patrick Duffy), before the fire reaches Scuzzlebutt/the time runs out.
Scuzzlebutt appears in South Park Rally as unlockable character (Except for Nintendo 64). In Easter Egg Hunt Race, You have to get the golden cow (Pot Pie in PlayStation Version), located near the waterfall.
Scuzzlebutt is the first playable character in the mobile game. You have to rescue some people from the volcano.
Scuzzlebutt's face sometimes appears on the game's loading screen. A stuffed and mounted Scuzzlebutt can be seen in Jimbo's Guns showroom.
South Park (Unreleased Game Boy Color game)
Scuzzlebutt serves as a boss in the unreleased game South Park (GBC), Scuzzlebutt's attacks are throwing snowballs, the player must attack him by using snowballs.