This page contains trivia for "Red Sleigh Down". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the article comments.
- Jesus and Santa work together in this episode even though they are shown to have a rivalry in Jesus vs. Santa.
- This episode marks the permanent return of Kenny.
- Following this episode, Mr. Hankey was absent for nearly eight years until "201".
- This is the first Christmas episode not to have the word "Christmas" in the title.
- Kyle and his parents appear at the lighting of the Christmas tree despite being Jewish.
- When Jesus dies, Stan says, in shock, "Oh my God, Iraqis killed Jesus!" followed by Kyle, also in shock, saying, "You bastards!" The two usually say these lines when Kenny dies, but instead it was Jesus who died.
- Upon Red Sleigh 2 crashing into the church, one Italian woman yells "La Morte Rossa!" which translates to "The Red Death!"
- Nurse Gollum, Ms. Crabtree, Timmy, Butters, and Tweek are nowhere to be seen at the lighting of the Christmas tree.
- Font color of the credits is set to red and green, in order to correspond to the Christmas theme.
References to Popular Culture
- "Red Sleigh Down" was heavily influenced by the 1999 movie Three Kings and the 2001 movie Black Hawk Down.
- The scene where the Sleigh crashes after being hit by an RPG and the associated radio chatter and video feed are all directly copied from Black Hawk Down.
- The robot dog that Cartman wants for Christmas reflects the robot dog fad of the early 2000s which started with Poo-Chi. It most closely resembles Sony’s AIBO.
- Santa's palace closely resembles, and is named after, the Fortress of Solitude from Superman: The Movie.
- The torture scenes spoof a similar scene involving Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, including the direct quotes "I’m gonna fucking kill you!" and "We’re in for a long night because I don't know shit!". They also spoof the torture scene in Three Kings; with the torturer physically resembling his counterpart from that movie, saying "My main man" repeatedly, and pouring oil in Santa's mouth.
- There also is a scene very similar to this one in Team America: World Police.
- The line when Santa was tortured and then saved by Jesus also has some references to film Red Dragon, which was released in the same year as current episode.
- Jesus says "You're a bad liar" to Santa when he gets shot and is about to die. This is a direct quote from 1996 film Independence Day.
- Rankin/Bass specials of the 1970's, such as A Christmas Tree. At the end of the episode, the faces of Stan, Kyle, and Cartman also briefly change to resemble these characters.
- The scene where Kyle tells Cartman that because of his actions, no one will be getting presents for Christmas followed by Cartman's "Christ" comment resulting in the boys asking Jesus for help is a word-for-word recreation of the scene in Jesus vs. Frosty in which the two boys that are prototypes for Stan and Kyle, realize that they're going to need help from Jesus in order to defeat the killer Frosty the Snowman.
- The butt-faced couple The Thompsons from "How to Eat with Your Butt" make a reappearance in the crowd at the beginning of the episode, along with Dr. Alphonse Mephesto, Big Gay Al, and Chef's parents Thomas and Nelle McElroy.
- The Underpants Gnomes return in this episode serving the role of Santa's elves, claiming they work for him during the two months before Christmas.
- Kyle Schwartz from "The Entity" returns.
- Kenny returns, having died in the Season Five episode, "Kenny Dies". Here, he claims to have been hanging out, as if forgetting any of this ever happened.
- This episode has Stan say his catchphrase "Dude, this is pretty fucked up, right here.". He last said this in "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!". Stan says this whenever something very strange or weird happens.
- While Jesus is dying, the guns that Stan and Kyle are holding are missing a section.
- When the Iraqi man is shot by Santa, his skin tone is lighter than it was before.
- Also, the handgun changes to a revolver briefly as they leave the room.