This page contains trivia for "Red Hot Catholic Love". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the article comments.
- In the Comedy Central promos for this episode, Father Maxi said he's going to have a sleepover with all the boys in town. In the episode, he's going to take the boys on a boat trip this weekend to talk about Jesus.
- This episode marks the first time Father Maxi is prominent in an episode.
- This episode also marks the debut of Clyde's parents, Roger and Betsy Donovan.
References to Popular Culture
- "The Catholic Boat" is a parody of The Love Boat.
- The old monk in the St. Peter's catacombs, and especially the line "What do you seek, Father?" is a reference to the Monty Python movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- When Father Maxi is running through the path to get the Catholic rules document, the visuals parody the game "Pitfall!"
- When Father Maxi returns with The Holy Document of Vatican Law, he is seen at the podium, unharmed and unscathed, despite a bishop announcing his return being there. This was most likely a recycled shot edited to include the document.
- The remastered 16:9 version of this episode doesn't show the characters' names during "The Catholic Boat."
- When the obelisk crumbles, a black visitor stands on top of it.