Red, previously known as Bertha and Rebecca, is a female student at South Park Elementary. She is, arguably, the third-most prominent female character in fourth grade, behind Wendy and Bebe. She sits at the front of Mr. Garrison's class, usually to the far right. Red is one of "the popular girls" in the fourth grade. She is almost always shown with the other popular girls like Wendy, Heidi, Bebe, Nichole, Annie, Nelly, Jenny, Lola, and others.
Red's hair is similar to Wendy Testaburger's, in fact, it appears to be a mirrored version of Wendy's hair, although it is red and slightly shorter. She is also very similar to Sally Turner; the two both have red hair, wear similar clothes, and have similar voices. The differences between Red and Sally are that Red doesn't have a butterfly clip in her hair, Sally wears a blue sweater, and Sally also wears green pants, unlike Red's, which are blue. In the earlier seasons, she wore a dark blue jacket with purple pants. In the later seasons, she wears a navy blue jacket with buttons and mauve trimming at the top instead and navy blue pants.
In "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", when she was dressed as a "stupid spoiled whore", Red wore a violet bolero jacket with brown fur trim, an orange string bikini top, a denim miniskirt, fishnets, and teal boots. She also had pink blush on her face, blue eyeshadow, pink lipstick, and her hair was very glossy. During the whore-off scene, she wore a pair of violet gloves mainly because the outside was cold.
When dressed for the sleepover in "Marjorine" she wore a golden-yellow, blue button-down top with a deep yellow lace collar and yellow, and blue and white striped pajama pants.
- To see images of Red, visit Red/Gallery.
Red has played a modest role as a part of Wendy's gang. She has been portrayed as the more confrontational of the girls at times, as demonstrated when she called Marjorine a geek and said: "she'd live alone for the rest of her life" at Heidi Turner's sleepover, and when she warned Wendy about the corrupted list of the cutest boys at South Park Elementary.
Red can also be benevolent at times; in some episodes she has been kind to many people and engaging in friendly conversations, for example, in "Erection Day" she kindly greets Jimmy when he comes to talk to her, but when she hears him say that he wants to have sex with her she becomes very disgusted with him and slaps him. Also, she hasn't been afraid to stand up for others: in "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs", Red and Lola rush to Butters' defense after the four boys criticize him for taking the credit for writing the title book.
A trait of courage was shown in "Marjorine" when the girls did "Light as a feather, stiff as a board", when Red volunteered to go first. This is a very spiritual activity and when Marjorine (Butters) saw them doing this he screamed and accused them of being witches.
She has also been shown to like to party, like in "Marjorine" where she was shown dancing to the new Justin Timberlake CD with her friends after they gave Marjorine (Butters) a make-over. She was also shown in "Douche and Turd" and "The Hobbit" that she was on the school cheerleading squad along with some other girls.
In "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", an episode of season six, she was given a prominent speaking role, saying more than a word or two than her speaking debut in "Damien". In this episode, Wendy brought up that she couldn't stand Bebe anymore. The girls begin talking nastily about Bebe. Red then says: "You know what I heard? I heard that she made out with eight different boys in one minute." After this she didn't speak until season eight in "The Jeffersons" where she says two words. Later in season eight, in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" she spoke even more sufficiently. After this season, primarily "Stupid Spoiled Whore Playset", Red was considered as a secondary character. In season nine she played an important role in "Marjorine" where she was one of the girls at Heidi Turner's sleepover. In "Erection Day" she speaks again to Jimmy. Her role has been gradually increasing since this. Before, people used to recognize her simply as the red-haired girl who was seen in the background of many episodes.
Red has been shown to be one of the very popular girls in the grade. She may even be more popular than Wendy or Bebe. In many different episodes, she has been shown in the background with many different girls. In the older episodes, she was shown in almost every episode, being followed by boys, which could be suggesting that she is also very pretty and attractive. Also when Clyde became aware that he was the cutest boy in the class in "The List", the first person he asked out was Red. In "Erection Day", when Jimmy found out he had to have sex with someone to stop having his erection problems, the first person he went to was Red. In "Sarcastaball", Butters has a dream about Red and Wendy kissing him in an ice cream parlor; in said dream, as Wendy shows affection towards him, Red jealously says "Leave him alone, Wendy. He's mine!" and the two then proceed to kiss him, causing Butters to wake up and ejaculate, another sign of Red's popularity with boys. Also in "Something You Can Do with Your Finger", when Cartman paid all of the girls to go crazy for their music video, he chose Red and Bebe to hug and rub him over all of the other girls, there-again, showing that Red is one of the cutest girls in the grade.
Red has also expressed jealousy, anger, and sadness. In "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", she is shown gossiping about Bebe with Wendy and the other girls. In "Elementary School Musical", she is seen as disheartened and insecure, saying "I'd give anything to be with Bridon Gueermo, but he'd never go out with me. I'm nobody."
In "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods", Red is shown in the Cheesy Poofs commercial that Cartman was supposed to be in. During the episode, Cartman was bragging to the third-grade class (which they were in at the time) about how he won the competition and how he was going to be in the Cheesy Poofs commercial. Everyone was jealous of Cartman but Red must have been selected to be in the commercial by the company. She was actually shown more in the commercial than Cartman was.
- Assault: In "Erection Day", she slaps Jimmy in response to the latter's request to have sex with her. Although, it was done out of self-defense, but since Jimmy is handicapped it could still be considered a crime against the disabled.
- Civil Unrest/Rioting: In "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!", Red is one of the many kids rioting at the Nebraska mall. She is a participant of the South Park Elementary gender war in "Proper Condom Use".
- Drug abuse: In "Quest for Ratings", Red is seen getting high on cough syrup in the girls' restroom.
- Graft: She, along with numerous other girls on the South Park Girls' List Committee, altered the list of cutest boys so that Clyde would be on the top, in order to get free shoes from him. This is graft, because Red abused her authority for personal gain.
- Sexual harassment: She is one of the many girls participating in Bebe's sex party in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", making unwanted sexual advancements to the male attendants.
In "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", at Bebe's party, she held Stan down and tried to kiss him. This was most likely because all the girls were acting like whores during the episode. Aside from the aforementioned instance, they have not interacted one-on-one. However, in "Butterballs", after Stan voiced his dissatisfaction over bullying, Red congratulated him, saying "at least someone in this school has some balls."
In "Elementary School Musical", she had a crush on Bridon Gueermo, as did the rest of the girls, and says that she would give anything to be with Bridon, after Bebe brings up that she saw him at the movies seeing High School Musical 3. But then she points out that he would never go for her because she is, in her words, nobody. Wendy tells her that it's not true and then breaks into song.
In "The List", it was revealed that Red was dating Clyde, but this was only because of the girls' plot to get free shoes from him. So we can not say that she actually "liked" him, especially because on the real list that one fan calculated, Clyde was listed number thirteen, meaning that he was one of the bottom five cutest guys in the class.
It appeared in "Erection Day" that Red may have had a bit of a liking for Jimmy when he approached her, she seemed really friendly and a bit shy, however, this turned right around after Jimmy asked her immediately to have sex with her. She then slapped him, called him a jerk, and walked away disgusted with him.
Red's first interaction with Butters in "Marjorine" was a rather unpleasant one, as previously discussed; however, she was quick to defend him against the boys in "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs", telling them not to pick on Butters because he was, as she put it, "a very fragile artist." Their relationship however, is currently unknown, as the two haven't recently interacted. However, due to the gender war that separated the boys and girls in school throughout Season Twenty, she can be heard shouting "All boys should die!" in the crowd of Butters and Nelly's fight in "Douche and a Danish", implying her disapproval of said gender war that Butters started by forming the "Wieners Out" movement.
Craig and Red are paired together in "Follow That Egg!". Like the other children, they seem to greatly enjoy one another's company during the project.
Red and Annie have appeared together in the background from early on, though it's become more common to see them together in the more recent seasons, implying that the two may have a close friendship like that of Wendy and Bebe's but Red has also been shown being followed by many boys and girls, showing that she is very popular and has many good friends. And still, of all these appearances, she has been shown with Annie the most.
In the earlier seasons, Red was often shown in the background with Kevin, usually hanging out or at lunch. The two were even shown to be trading sandwiches in "Sexual Harassment Panda". They also appeared together at Cartman's party in "Damien" and held hands while singing "Kyle's Mom's a Bitch". They were seen at the movies together watching Asses of Fire in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
In addition, Kevin is seen looking sad at the dance in "Hooked on Monkey Fonics" right near Red, who is dancing with Token, implying that he might have wanted to dance with her instead. They are also seen sitting next to each other on the bus in "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods", chatting before class starts in "Gnomes", and playing instruments in a band together in "Summer Sucks". Red is also shown as one of the girls hitting on Kevin as he walks by in the hallway in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset".
Around the fourth season, the lunch room's design began changing as the main boys were more often seen with other children, and the two were no longer regularly shown together. In addition, newer episodes such as "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and "Fatbeard", portray Kevin as a geek with an obsession of Star Wars, and Red is shown to be one of the popular girls in the school. As Red's role in the series has gradually increased, Kevin's has remained the same save for a major role in "Fatbeard".
It was revealed in "Skank Hunt" that they were in a relationship prior to their breakup. Kevin is devastated by their abrupt breakup and he can be seen weeping in the hallway while looking at Red's note at the end of the episode.
Token and Red attended the dance together in "Hooked on Monkey Fonics". Like most of her relationships however, this one is unknown, as she hasn't recently interacted with him.
- In "The Hobbit", Red was the only one who wasn't insulted by Wendy Testaburger.
- "Erection Day" was the only episode when she was called by "Bertha".
- Red is currently the only girl who has been in advertising, as she appeared in the Cheesy Poofs commercial more than Cartman did.
- Despite being called Red, Bertha, and Rebecca, she was insulted by Eric in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", and was called, "Whatever your name is." She was called, "Red" again in "Elementary School Musical", even though she was previously called, "Rebecca" in "The List".
- She is the ex-girlfriend of classmate Kevin Stoley.
- Red's hair also resembles that of Carol McCormick's hair.
- Many fans have speculated that Red may be related to Craig Tucker, due to the similarities in their fathers - ginger hair, tall, short legs, and they also had nearly identical voices, provided by Matt Stone. This leads many fans to believe that Skeeter and Thomas Tucker are brothers or cousins, which would make Red and Craig cousins and that her surname may be Tucker. This theory is yet to be confirmed.
- Red is shown to be a fan of Justin Timberlake, as she brought over one of his albums to Heidi's sleepover in "Marjorine".
- "The Unaired Pilot" - She is seen on the bus and later in Mr. Garrison's classroom.
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" - She is seen on the bus with Bebe Stevens.
- "Weight Gain 4000" - She is seen performing in a school play as an Indian.
- "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" - Seen in the classroom.
- "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" - Seen in the classroom.
- "Death" - Seen laughing with the others about Terrance and Phillip.
- "Pinkeye" - Seen in a Chewbacca costume.
- "Starvin' Marvin" - She is seen frightened as a flock of wild turkeys invade and destroy the classroom.
- "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - She is seen singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". She is in the second column of the first row.
- "Damien"- First speaking role; seen screaming when Damien torches the slide she was playing on. Later seen at Cartman's birthday party.
- "Mecha-Streisand" - Seen at the beginning about to mine for coal.
- "Chickenlover"- Seen swinging on the swing on the playground.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - Seen in the classroom.
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady" - Plays for the South Park Cows dodgeball team.
- "The Mexican Staring Frog of Southern Sri Lanka" - Seen in class.
- "City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)" - Seen on the bus.
- "Summer Sucks" - Plays in the band recital and later shown playing in the ash from the snake with the other kids.
- "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls" - Seen in class.
- "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!" - She is seen at the mall in Nebraska.
- "Gnomes" - Seen in class.
- "Tweek vs. Craig"- She is seen in Home Economics class.
- "Chinpokomon" - Seen at Chinpokomon camp.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - She was in Mr. Mackey's program with the other kids. She also assisted in helping Terrance and Phillip.
- "Hooked on Monkey Fonics"- She was seen dancing with Token Black.
- "Chef Goes Nanners" - Seen on Wendy's debate team.
- "Something You Can Do with Your Finger" - She, along with Bebe, Annie, and Millie act as groupies for Fingerbang's makeshift music video. She goes crazy over Matt Lauer.
- "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - Seen in the crowd of citizens watching Cartman feed Scott Tenorman his parents.
- "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" - She and the other girls gossip about Bebe, with her saying that she heard Bebe made out with eight different boys in one minute.
- "The Jeffersons" - She asks who the Jeffersons are.
- "Douche and Turd" - She is part of the cheerleading squad presenting in front of the school at the pep rally.
- "Quest for Ratings"- She is seen getting high on cough medicine with Bebe in the girls bathroom.
- "Toilet Paper" - Seen molding clay with Tweek and Pip in art class.
- "South Park is Gay!"- Briefly seen watching the metro pride parade.
- "Grey Dawn" - Seen in class.
- "Raisins"- Seen on the playground.
- "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" - As Wendy becomes unpopular with the girls, Red takes Wendy's place.
- "Erection Day" - When Jimmy asks her to have sex with him, she slaps him and calls him a jerk. This is the first and only time as of yet when she has been called "Bertha".
- "Marjorine" - She is one of the girls at Heidi's sleepover, and is the object in the game "Light as a feather, stiff as a board". She also speaks the most out of all the girls, next to Heidi.
- "Follow That Egg!" - She is officially referred to as "Red" for the first time.
- "Cartman Sucks" - Seen in the classroom.
- "Lice Capades" - She wanted to know who had the head lice.
- "Imaginationland" - Seen at Cartman's party.
- "The List" - She is now called "Rebecca", she is part of the voting committee and warns Wendy to quit looking for the secret behind the rigged voting.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Seen in hallways; background only.
- "Super Fun Time" - Seen with the rest of the class in the final scene.
- "Breast Cancer Show Ever" - She calls the Goth Kids "emo kids".
- "Elementary School Musical" - She says that Bridon Gueermo will never go out with her because she's nobody, but Wendy reassures her that she is special, and breaks into song. Wendy refers to her as "Red", once again making her real name a mystery.
- "The Ungroundable" - She uses the flak jacket perk, and then tells Stan that "It's not a cheat because she ranked up".
- "Eat, Pray, Queef" - Comments on the boys' stupidity a number of times.
- "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" - Along with Lola, she defends Butters against the boys.
- "Insheeption" - Asks Wendy if Stan really has a problem.
- "Coon vs. Coon & Friends" - She is seen at the Justin Bieber concert.
- "Funnybot" - Seen being held hostage along with rest of the school.
- "T.M.I." - Seen in the hallway being yelled at by Cartman.
- "City Sushi" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Bass to Mouth" - Part of the group of kids trying to catch Wikileaks.
- "1% - Present at Clyde Frog's funeral.
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Cash For Gold" - Seen in the background on the playground.
- "Faith Hilling" - Seen in the memeing class with the other fourth grade students.
- "Jewpacabra" - Seen at the Easter egg hunt.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in the background at the school assembly and supported and participated in Stan's anti-bullying video. She is the primary female 4th-grade student.
- "Cartman Finds Love" - Seen in the background in Mr. Garrison's classroom and in the hallways, when Cartman asks her and Bebe about Nichole.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen in Butters' dream, with Wendy, kissing Butters.
- "Going Native" - Seen eating in the cafeteria.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background in the school hallways.
- "Let Go, Let Gov" - Seen eating in the cafeteria.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Speaks at a meeting about murder porn at the community center after a murder in South Park.
- "Taming Strange" - Seen in the cafeteria.
- "The Hobbit" - Seen as a cheerleader.
- "The Cissy" - Seen with Wendy and Bebe, in the girls bathroom, trying to stop Cartman from using their toilet.
- "Member Berries" - Cartman attempts to prove girls can be funny by asking her to tell a joke in front the school assembly.
- "Skank Hunt" - Conspires with her fellow female classmates to get back at the boys for Skankhunt42's wrongdoings; breaks up with Kevin Stoley.
- "Wieners Out" - Seen at the volleyball game when the boys begin their Wieners Out movement during the national anthem.
- "Douche and a Danish" - Seen in the battle between the girls and the boys.
- "Oh, Jeez" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Put It Down" - Sings Put It Down with the other students.
- "Holiday Special" - Seen in the hallway rampaging due to a cancellation of Columbus Day.
- "Hummels & Heroin" - Rallies with Marcus Preston after witnessing his presentation in the school cafeteria.
- "Doubling Down" - Takes Heidi out to eat with the other girls. Teases her for her relationship with Cartman, although playfully, she unintentionally hurts Heidi's feelings.
- "SUPER HARD PCness" - Seen in the hallway evacuating to the gym.
- "Splatty Tomato" - Seen in the crowd at the end of the episode.
- "Dead Kids" - Seen in class.
- "The Problem with a Poo" - Seen in the school band. Later seen watching Mr. Hankey leave South Park.
- "Tegridy Farms" - Seen in the playground and in the lunchroom.
- "The Scoots" - Seen trick or treating on an E-Scooter.
- "Time To Get Cereal" - Seen in the school's playground after evacuation.
- "Buddha Box" - Seen in the classroom.
- "Bike Parade" - Seen at the bike parade.
- "Shots!!!" - Seen in the cafeteria.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - Seen in the cafeteria with the other girls.
- "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Board Girls" - Seen at the school assembly and at the Board Girls Gaming Club.
- "Basic Cable" - Seen in the school bus and in the classroom.
Red plays no role in the storyline of South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! and is one of the 'additional characters' unlocked at the game's completion. She is the same class as Eric Cartman, Wendy Testaburger, and Token Black, moving slowly but dealing heavy damage. Her unique special ability has her yell out "Sunshine!" and causes damage to all enemies within a small radius. She also has a fast charge rate.
Red plays a minor role in this game; the player helps her, Wendy, and Bebe find out who amongst them is a "two-faced bitch" in order to recruit the girls for the final battle. The player then goes on to the next mission to pose as Bebe's boyfriend, before posing as a girl to enter the abortion clinic. After successfully completing the quest and recruiting the girls, Red adds the player as a Facebook friend, dubs him an "honorary girl", and asks him if he wants to do some shopping.
- ↑ "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (1999)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Something You Can Do with Your Finger (TV episode 2000)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" The Jeffersons (TV episode 2004)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ ""South Park" Insheeption (TV episode 2010)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ "South Park Studios FAQ - Name Changes" (October 20, 2010).
Red | Skeeter