|Episode no.|| Season –|
|List of all South Park episodes|
"Pinkeye" is episode 7 of Comedy Central's series South Park. It originally aired on October 29, 1997.
Plot details follow.
The Mir space station crashes on top of Kenny the day before Halloween. A fluke accident involving Worcestershire sauce at the morgue turns Kenny into a zombie, causing most of the town to eventually turn into zombies as well.
The rest of the boys are too busy preparing for Halloween and the big costume contest to realize that Kenny is a zombie, but end up saving the day anyway.
The Mir space station crashes onto Kenny at the bus stop on October 30, killing him. He is taken to the morgue where he is drained and filled with embalming fluid, however, the coroner's bottle of Worcestershire sauce falls into the embalming fluid and turns Kenny into a zombie. He breaks out of the morgue, biting the two coroners on his way out.
The next morning, Kenny shows up at the bus stop as normal while the boys are waiting to go to school. Each boy is dressed up for the costume contest at school (for which the top prize is two tons of candy).
- Stan is dressed up as Raggedy Andy
- Wendy is supposed to dress as companion Raggedy Ann, making them a shoe-in for the candy.
- Kyle has on a store bought Chewbacca costume.
- Cartman is dressed in a Hitler costume his mom made him.
At the local doctor’s office, the morgue workers have apparently turned into zombies, however the doctor diagnoses it as pink eye.
The kids arrive at school only to discover everyone in the class, including Mr. Hat and Wendy, have dressed as Chewbacca save Mr. Garrison who is dressed as Marilyn Monroe. Seeing Wendy as Chewbacca angers Stan, who is now forced to go around as Raggedy Andy all day long.
Meanwhile, at the Cartman house, Eric’s mom decorates the house and yard for Halloween, completely oblivious to the zombies attacking people on the street.
Back at school Kyle, disgruntled that he has the same costume as everyone else, decides to work up a new costume for the contest while Principal Victoria and Chef are upset over Cartman’s costume. Principal Victoria makes Eric a ghost costume to amend the problem (however it ends up looking like a Klu Klux Klan robe instead. Meanwhile, Kenny attacks and bites Clyde when he walks past him.
Kyle arrives at the costume contest in the gym with a new costume, a working model of the solar system, but Wendy’s Chewbacca costumes earns her first place and the two tons of candy (which she promptly gives to starving children in Nairobi). The judge awards gives Kenny second place for his "Edward James Olmos" costume (his zombie state) and Stan "worst costume ever" for his "stupid clown thingie". As Mr. Garrison says "Let's bob for stupid apples" zombie Clyde drowns Bebe who is bobbing for apples as the zombies run out of control.
Across South Park the zombies continue to attack, although everyone still believes it is simply pink eye. As night falls on South Park the boys prepare to go trick-or-treating, with Kyle now dressed as Count Dracula, just as Chef realizes that the pink eye epidemic is actually a wave of the living dead. Wendy tries to apologize for humiliating Stan, but Stan rejects her. Wendy herself is later turned into a zombie.
Chef goes to the doctor seeking help and attempts to explain what’s going on, but the doctor doesn't believe him. Chef leaves (and the doctor is eaten by zombies) for the Mayor's office to warn her and Officer Barbrady (who are up to something kinky), but they don't believe him either.
As the zombies continue to ravage the town, the boys, also oblivious of the zombies, head off to go trick-or-treating. However, Kenny keeps biting everyone before they can get any treats, so the boys ditch him on the way to Chef’s house. Chef pulls the boys inside and after some discussion head to the morgue to get to the bottom of the zombie matter.
While at the morgue they discover the bottle of Worcestershire sauce as well as an issue of "Crack Whore Monthly" magazine with a picture of Cartman's mom on the cover. The zombies eventually find a way into the morgue and turn Chef into a zombie (who then goes into Michael Jackson's Thriller mode). The zombies then pursue the boys, who are forced to fight them off. Through the commotion, Kyle calls the hotline number on the bottle of Worcestershire sauce for assistance. He is put through to the hotline number's offices.
The hotline operator tells Kyle "not to kill zombies willy nilly", but to kill the original zombie (Kenny) in order to turn all the other zombies back into humans. As zombie Wendy heads towards Stan he can't bring himself to kill her, but she is returned to normal when Kyle quickly cuts Kenny in half with a chainsaw. All around them the dead limbs of the towns people begin to turn back to normal flesh ones.
Cartman cries at Kenny's grave while with Stan and Kyle. He then stops and Stan and Kyle say they're going to Cartman's house to find more naughty pictures of his mom.
Kenny suddenly comes out of his grave but a statue from another grave crushes him, then a jet smashes into it.
Kenny dies a total of three times in this episode, depending on the definirion of death.
- Crushed by Mir; revived as a zombie via Worcestershire sauce
- Cut in half by Kyle to end the zombie curse
- Kenny rises from the dead only to be crushed by a statue and crashed into by a plane
Zombies of the following South Park regulars were shown:
- Kenny- Kenny is the original zombie. He was the first after the MIR space station landed on him. At the morgue Worcestshire Sauce poured into the enbalming fluid causing him to awake.
- Chef- Chef was caught by zombies and sung a song to the Thriller tune, with him acting as Michael Jackson. He turned back to normal when the curse was gone.
- Clyde- Kenny bit Clyde after he walked past. Clyde transformed during the costume contest and drowned Bebe while she bobbed for apples.
- Pip- Pip was caught by zombies and shown breaking into the morgue.
- Wendy- After Wendy was left behind by Stan zombies emerged from the trees and killed her. Later she appeared as a zombie. Cartman tried to get Stan to kill her saying how she ditched him at the costume contest but he couldn't bring himself to do it. She turned back to normal when the curse was broken.
- This episode features the news reporter Midget in a Bikini. He returned in the same role in the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
- In the scene where Chef is watching the news in his house, a poster of Isaac Hayes (the voice of Chef) can be seen.
- In the final scene, a tombstone statue of Orgazmo can be seen in the background.
- "The entire Zombie aspect of this episode is an homage to the movie Return of the Living Dead. Everything from the doctors describing the zombies symptoms to the emergency hotline number on the "embalming fluid" container is a throwback to the plotline of Return of the Living Dead.
- The "Russian" spoken by the cosmonauts on Mir is in fact vaguely Russian-sounding gibberish. Similarly, Hitler's speech in the video shown to Cartman is a meaningless string of actual German (and some made-up) words. One section sounds vaguely like German for "you have lovely breasts," although this may be unintentional. When Cartman imagines himself as Hitler, his speech is actually made up of backwards English phrases (including "You guys" and "Seriously, you don't know shit") and some more made-up German, ending with the phrase "God-damn it!"
- Tina Yothers: Gave out the costume awards
- Michael Jackson: Chef turns into a dancing, singing Jackson from the Thriller music video, after being bit by a zombie
- Howdy Doody & Holly Hobbie: Cartman making fun of Stan's costume
- Edward James Olmos: Mistaken as Kenny's costume
- Stan: Raggedy Andy
- Kyle: Chewbacca, Solar System, Dracula
- Cartman: Hitler, Ghost (resembling a Klu Klux Klan member)
- Kenny: Zombie, "Edward James Olmos" (actually a zombie)
- Wendy and everyone else in the third grade class: Chewbacca
- Chef: Evel Kneivel, Michael Jackson (from the Thriller video)
- Mr. Garrison: Marilyn Monroe
Coroner #1: You know, I think death is least funny when it happens to a child.
[Coroner #2 puts Worcestershire sauce on a hot dog.]
Coroner #1: Marty, do you have to put that stuff on everything?
Coroner #2: I don't know…it just makes everything taste so…so English.
Kyle: Cartman, what kind of costume is that?
Cartman: It's an Adolf Hitler costume. Sieg heil! Sieg heil!
Cartman: Kenny's family is so poor that, yesterday, they had to put their cardboard box up for a second mortgage!
Cartman: I'm not the one walking around all day like Pippi Longstocking.
Kyle: Well, at least my mom isn't on the cover of Crack Whore magazine.
Cartman: Too bad drinking scotch isn't a paying job, otherwise Kenny's dad would be a millionaire.
Cartman: I said, it's too bad drinking scotch isn't a paying job, or else Kenny's dad would be a millionaire!
Cartman: Your family is poor, Kenny, your family is poor!
Officer Barbrady: You're probably wondering why we're standing here with a pile of money and no pants on.
Chef: Actually, uh—
Mayor: Well, I can assure you that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Japanese Mafia.
Officer Barbrady: [wagging his finger] Not a thingy-dingy.
Kyle: Oh my God, I killed Kenny! You bastard!
Cartman: Why don't you go back to Endor, you stupid wookie?
Kyle: Wookies don't live on Endor!
Cartman: [day-dreaming while watching a movie, imagining himself to be Adolf Hitler] [German-like accent] You gotta respect my authoritah!
Puffy: So remember kids, dressing up like Hitler in school isn't cool.
Chef: [talking to Cartman who's dressed like a KKK clansman] Remind me to whoop your ass big time next time I see you.
Chef: [imitating Michael Jackson's Thriller video clip] I'm gonna make love, even when I'm dead. My body might get cold, but it's always hot in my bed. Make love, don't be afraid. Just because my heart ain't beating, doesn't mean you won't get laid.