Nathan is a mentally handicapped student at South Park Elementary who was first seen in the Season Eight episode, "Up the Down Steroid". He was later seen at summer camp in "Crippled Summer", during the fundraiser in "Handicar", and competing in the science fair in "Moss Piglets". He is usually accompanied by his lackey, Mimsy, and frequently serves as a rival/antagonist of Jimmy Valmer.
Nathan sold steroid medication illegally to Jimmy Valmer during the events of "Up the Down Steroid". This led to Jimmy physically abusing his girlfriend and mother in a fit of roid rage, but winning all of the events in the Special Persons Olympics. Afterwards, Jimmy felt guilty for cheating and confessed to the Olympic committee, resulting in his forfeit of the medals he won.
Nathan's second appearance was in "Crippled Summer" at the summer camp Lake Tardicaca, a summer camp for the disabled. Every summer, the camp splits into two teams, who compete for the camp championship in a series of games. While Jimmy is the beloved leader of the camp's Blue team, Nathan is the sinister leader of the Red team, which has lost to the Blue team three years running. Furious for having lost to Jimmy so often, he creates assorted plots aimed at not only ruining the Blue team's chance at victory, but also will result in the death of Jimmy, who Nathan confesses to loath. However, Nathan's lackey, Mimsy, continuously botches-up Nathan's plans, which causes Nathan to suffer a bite from a black Mamba snake, painfully attacked by Native Americans, comically raped by the shark, and finally blown himself up. While being rushed to the hospital, Jimmy, who is crowned king of summer camp, and who is unaware of Nathan's loathing, gives Nathan his crown in a sign of goodwill. Nathan, however, confesses to hating Jimmy and threatens Mimsy for his stupidity.
His third major appearance was in "Handicar", where he again plays the main antagonist (along with Mimsy as his sidekick). He attempts to sabotage the fundraising efforts of Timmy's new transportation business, which is earning allot money towards the class goal of returning to Lake Tardicaca summer camp.
He appears again in the Season 19 trilogy. PC Principal makes him the editor of the Super School Newspaper. Nathan is later revealed to be working for Leslie Meyers. In PC Principal Final Justice, Nathan holds Jimmy hostage and reveals he has been getting the PC people to work with ads. He has a new girlfriend, known as Classi. Nathan then plans for a tragedy in The South Park Gun Show, but Classi objects. He hits her and is consequently beaten up by her.
Nathan plans out the attacks and is the boss over Mimsy; he is also the team captain for the red camp.
Nathan is able to play the notes on the bomb-rigged ukulele correctly, inadvertently exploding on him instead of Jimmy.
Nathan is a capable drug dealer, being able to handle money and sell steroids to the other students.
He has committed and shown example of various criminal activity throughout the series.
- Distribution of Illegal Drugs: during the events of "Up the Down Steroid". He sold steroid medication to Jimmy Valmer, ones that do not appear on any given urine test. This crime would result in Nathan in serving a year in juvenile hall as well as a $1,000 fine.
- Attempted Murder: Throughout the episode "Crippled Summer" he makes several attempts -- all of which fail due to him leaving Mimsy in charge -- to cause Jimmy's death throughout the Lake Tardicaca camp games.
- Violation of explosives and fireworks laws: In the same episode, Nathan plants a C4 explosive in the ukulele Jimmy plays during the solo of the "Tardicaca" Hula Gal. This action is illegal because it was attempted murder and the use of plastic explosives without a license. In the episode "Handicar" during the Wacky Race, he detonates a remote explosive which was supposed to kill Timmy and HandiCar, but thanks to Mimsy, he blows up the Zipcar instead.
- Contract killing: In The Fractured But Whole during the "Bring The Crunch" DLC, Nathan has hired drug-addicted criminals dressed as Halloween monsters to kidnap and kill the counselors at Lake Tardicaca so that the authorities can shut down the camp so that he never has to go every summer again. This is then foiled by The New Kid, Professor Chaos (Butters), Fastpass (Jimmy),Doctor Timothy (Timmy), and Mintberry Crunch before he could do so with the last remaining one.
The most notable appearance of Nathan is that his head is always looking up at an angle, usually to one side. Nathan has squinty eyes, long dark blond hair and wears tinted glasses. On most occasions, he wears a dark gray buttonless jacket with red trim and an orange shirt underneath, gray baggy pants and green sneakers with white stripes. He talks in a low, raspy voice.
- To see images of Nathan, visit Nathan/Gallery.
Nathan has Downs syndrome. He also likely has some form of sociopathy, as evidenced by his plots in "Crippled Summer". While all his plots fail in a fairly cartoonish manner, the intention behind them (i.e. getting Jimmy and his friends stabbed, murdered, poisoned, raped, or bled to death) hints at poor mental health.
Each individual problem that hits Nathan in the episode "Crippled Summer" would be fatal in real life: A bite from the venomous Black Mamba causes death fairly quickly; arrows at high velocity to the center of mass often cause death by exsanguination; the weight of a full-grown shark on top of a human is fatal; a close-range explosion of C4 leads to instant death. Nathan's inexplicable survival throughout the episode follows a common Looney Tunes theme, where characters survive normally fatal catastrophic events.
Nathan's only friend is his lackey Mimsy, who does whatever Nathan tells him. He abuses Mimsy verbally and physically for their failures in the various plots against the blue team at the summer camp. Just as Nathan is about to order Mimsy to do another plot to kill Jimmy, a teammate says "Gee, I wish our team captain was as awesome as Jimmy", could probably hint that a lot of people don't like him.
Nathan harbors an utter hatred and jealousy towards Jimmy and has schemed several ploys to get him killed, but they always backfire on him. In his first appearance in "Up the Down Steroid", he sells steroids to Jimmy to help him compete in the Special Olympics, but has since developed a one-sided rivalry with him. Jimmy has either remained oblivious to Nathan's disgust towards him or simply hasn't let it bother him.
The New Kid
Nathan's plan was foiled by the New Kid during Bring the Crunch, and he blames the New Kid about his painful endurance of mind-rape, this results in Nathan's grudge. The hatred enhanced when the New Kid farted on him, but he still hates Jimmy more.
- Nathan appears to have Downs syndrome.
- While Nathan normally talks in a fairly adult and intelligent manner, he adopts a more childish voice when addressed by the adult counselors.
- Nathan's relationship with Mimsy, is similar to that of the Warner Brother cartoon characters, Rocky and Mugsy. This similarity is further referenced when it is revealed in "Handicar" that Nathan has a Rocky and Mugsy poster in his bedroom.
- All of Nathan's various plots that backfire throughout the camp games are similar to the Laff-A-Lympics.
- Nathan has connections to high-level steroids that can fool drug tests, something more likely to be sold to adult athletes; how he obtained these drugs is a mystery.
- Nathan's parents know he does not like summer camp, but act like they don't understand him so they can go on trips without him over the summer.
- Nathan's icon can be found in the South Park: The Stick of Truth files, but he never appeared in the game.
- "Shut up, Mimsy!"
- "Yes counselor Steve, I like the fun canoe."
- "Let me give you guys a hot news flash: If you want to hurt a crippled kid, you don't break his FUCKING LEGS!"
- "And I thought a shark was bad."
- "Up the Down Steroid" - Sells steroids to Jimmy.
- "Crippled Summer" - Tries to sabotage Jimmy's team winning the summer camp games.
- "Black Friday" - Seen on the PS4 side.
- "A Song of Ass and Fire" (cameo) - Seen on the PS4 side.
- "Titties and Dragons" (cameo) - Seen on the PS4 side.
- "Handicar" - Tries to stop Timmy from raising money for summer camp.
- "Where My Country Gone?" (cameo)
- "Safe Space" (cameo) - Seen in the hallways.
- "Sponsored Content" - Becomes the new school newspaper writer.
- "Truth and Advertising" - Still the school newspaper writer.
- "PC Principal Final Justice" - The secondary antagonist, takes Jimmy hostage at his apartment but gets beaten and betrayed by his prostitute/girlfriend: Classi.
- "Moss Piglets" - He tries to win the annual special education science fair.
- ↑ ""South Park" Up the Down Steroid (TV episode 2004)". IMDb.com.