The "new rule" of him not being able to be shown at all is mentioned in "200". "Super Best Friends" is the only episode to air him uncensored in a non-cameo role, and for that reason, was taken off South Park Studios.
Comedy Central refuses to show Muhammad on South Park. Although they mentioned him in the episode "Cartoon Wars Part I", citing that they could not show an image of Muhammad, he was visible in the ending song in "I'm a Little Bit Country" and in "Super Best Friends". He is also visible in the opening crowd shot in Season Six, in addition to the last clip shown. He is also visible in the crowd shot in the episodes "Smug Alert!" to "The List".
In "The Pandemic Special", before heading to school, Stan holds a lunchbox depicting uncensored Muhammad among the Super Best Friends. The same lunchbox also appeared in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
Muhammad, as he appeared in "I'm a Little Bit Country", wore yellow robes and three scarves, which were dark red, red, and green in color. He also wore an orange Turban. He had thick eyebrows and had dark facial hair.
Powers and Abilities
Muhammad can fly and possesses the power of pyrokinesis. Sometime after the events of "Super Best Friends", Muhammad developed the superpower of not being able to be made fun of, using some kind of goo according to Rob Reiner. Despite this ability, Family Guy was able to air an episode showing the uncensored image of Muhammad, since the show's manatee writers forced the Fox network to do so.
- Trey Parker: "I was on my honeymoon in Disney World. I turned on the television, and there were thousands of rioting Muslims, and the caption said, 'Muslims enraged over cartoon which led to a 9-11 terrorist attack.' And I said, 'Oh, shit. What did we do?'
We actually did an episode five years ago with Muhammad in it. It was an episode called 'Super Best Friends', and Muhammad had superpowers and turned himself into a beaver and then killed Abraham Lincoln. I thought, 'They finally just saw it, and they're all pissed off.' But no, it was those other cartoons that they were mad about.
So Matt and I were like, 'This is great; we have our first episode.' Comedy Central kept saying, 'We’re not going to broadcast a Muhammad episode.' And we said, 'You totally have the right, it's your network, but we're going to make one, and it's going to be one of the seven you pay for.'"
- "Super Best Friends"
- "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" - Appears uncensored in a luchbox with the other members of the Super Best Friends.
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" (mentioned only)
- "Cartoon Wars Part II" (at the Terrance and Phillip's show, censored)
- "200" (censored)
- "201" (censored)
- "The Pandemic Special" - Appears uncensored on Stan's lunchbox with the rest of the Super Best Friends.