|"Medicinal Fried Chicken"|
|Episode no.|| Season 14|
|Original airdate||March 31, 2010|
|List of all South Park episodes|
Medicinal Fried Chicken is the third episode of Season Fourteen and episode 198 overall of Comedy Central's series South Park. It aired on Comedy Central on March 31, 2010.
Cartman's favorite restaurant (Kentucky Fried Chicken) has been shut down and replaced by a store that sells medical marijuana. Randy Marsh meanwhile after getting testicular cancer is desperate to get a prescription card to buy pot and Cartman will do anything to get his beloved fried chicken back.
Stan, Kenny, Kyle and Cartman are at soccer practice, during which Cartman yet again manages to avoid playing by claiming he has a stomach ache, much to the annoyance of the soccer coach. After soccer the boys are picked up by Randy who takes them to KFC during which, Kyle points out that Cartman only goes to soccer on Friday because of the fact they go to KFC afterwards. However, the boys are shocked to realize that KFC has been replaced by a medicinal marijuana store. Realizing that pot is now legal, Randy attempts to purchase some, only to be told that he would need a doctor's prescription. Cartman meanwhile is infuriated by the fact the the only KFC in South Park is now gone.
Randy rushes to the doctors in the hope of getting a prescription for the marijuna for being healthy, however the doctor pointedly informs him that only those who ARE sick are allowed the prescription (AIDS & Cancer patients for example). Randy spends the next few days attempting to give himself cancer through assorted means such as tanning, smoking, and taking X-RAYS just so he can have marijuana. He eventually purchases a book about cancer, using it in the hopes that it wil give him pointers. At last he finds out that one of the most aggressive types of cancer is testicular cancer, which can be obtained by a large dose of radiation. He then puts his gentials in the microwave.
Meanwhile Cartman and his Mother attempt to make it to a neighboring town in the hopes to appease Cartman's KFC addiction. However, that KFC is also closed, and the construction men there inform Cartman that all of the KFC's have been shut down because of a new law regarding fast food which bans fast food from being sold in low income areas, and since KFC was 'only' in low income areas, in the entire state of Colorado Kentucky Fried Chicken is illegal. Upon hearing this, his head explodes. Soon of come withdrawl symptoms of his addiction, Cartman visits a methadone clinic to get over his KFC addiction. They make the attempt by offering him a paper-cup full of a KFC gravy, which he drinks greedily, after a brief protest as the lack of anything else.
The next day Randy wakes up (much to his delight and Sharon's horror) to find that his scrotum and testicles have enlarged to huge proportions. Lab tests at the doctors office confirm that Randy has testicular cancer. While the doctor is intent on giving him treatment for the Cancer, Randy only has one thing on his mind, and thus finally gets a prescription for medicinal marijuana. Putting his scrotum in a wheelbarrow to move them, he rushes to the pot store to fill the prescription, and proceeds to smoke it infront of Officer Barbrady and his half-brother Jimbo.
On the way back from Methadone Cartman finds out on the playground that a boy named Billy Miller has KFC. Cartman goes to see him where he is treated to KFC popcorn chicken, but then charges him $85, which is money that Cartman doesn't have. In order to pay of his debt, Billy suggests that Cartman work as a mull to smuggle KFC into Colorado. Cartman procceds to take the job, acting like he's purchasing drugs. When he tastes the gravy, he realizes that it's been cut with Boston Market and threatens to kill the dealer with a gun for his attempts at cheating him. Officer Barbady appears to check on the commotion, but Cartman assures him that everything is fine, despite the KFC behind him, and the cowering drug dealer in front of him.
Meanwhile as Randy is pushing his wheelbarrow after picking up another day's of weed, it tips over to his drugged out amusement, finds out he can use his tetsicles as a hoppity-hop. Later while playing cards with his friends and smoking weed, Randy is shown to be sitting on his balls as a chair and praising the pot, while denying his friends any. He then tell the guys that ever since his balls got bigger, women have started to notice. He says that women love huge balls (an obvious opposite to the fact that men like big boobs).
Cartman delivers the money and KFC to Billy who tells him that he's rather good at getting KFC in Colorado and will team up with Tommy and go to Kentucky to meet Colonel Sanders. Upon meeting the Colonel, plans begin in order to smuggle larger quantities of KFC into Colorado. Cartman however proceeds to overthrow Billy in running the KFC smuggling into Colorado. He did so by telling Billy's parents that Billy got an F on a test.
Every man in South Park is intentionally getting testicular cancer to obtain marijuana and huge testicles. Randy's balls growing larger as time passes. Sharon notices and wants more sex. Randy tries to get more weed but can't fit through the door. Randy starts a protest to get bigger doors and weed stores. The picket chant was "What do we want? Bigger Doors! Where do we want it? Weed Stores!".
To exaggerate Cartman's addiction to KFC, he starts cutting chicken skins into strips and snorts them. However, Cartman's addiction keeps him from doing proper work for the Colonel, who does not like to be "f*cked" with. As such, he sends his goon-squad to take out Cartman and his operation. The cops then arrive at Billy' house to stop the opperation, resulting in a massive gun battle, with Billy's mother being killed and Cartman slipping away.
Because of the events of the past few months, weed becomes re-illegalized. Meanwhile the local doctor comes to the belief that KFC apparently has some sort of medicinal property, because of the fact that that men didn't get testicular cancer when it was around, or rather when the KFC was there the weed stores weren't meaning the men weren't tempted to go to extremes so they can get weed, but nobody thinks of that. Thus it's made legal again in Colorado. Randy and the other men all have their cancerous testicles removed, and replaced with prostethesis that are the same size as normal testicles. Although Randy tolerates the change, Sharon is noticably disappointed. However, Randy had the extra skin made into a coat and gives it to his delighted wife, while other women becomes jealous of Sharon's new scrotum coat.
- Randy's condition appears to be Elephantiasis of the scrotum rather than testicular cancer. Of course the increased size is no doubt a humorous exaggeration of the tumors in his testicles.
- This episode marks the fourth mention of KFC, but the second time in which KFC's importance to the boys is a driving story point.
- Cartman makes numerous references to the March/April 2010 scandal in the Catholic Church that Pope Benedict XVI protected the priest that molested over 200 deaf boys, as well as other pedophile priests (which drew massive controversy).
- In real life, Colonel Harland David Sanders has been deceased since 1980.
- Tommy's character, appearance, and personality are very similar to Tommy Vercetti, the main character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Much of Cartman's story this episode is a parody of assorted drug related movies, most prominently towards the end, which is an obvious reference of the Scarface film.
- Cartman's relationship with Colonal Sanders parodies the relationship between Tony Montana and Alejandro Sosa in Scarface.
- It says KFC was really founded in North Corbin, Kentucky.
- The song played when they are bouncing across the screen on their balls is similar to the Baby Elephant Walk but original is Chicken on the Rocks by Jean Jacques-Perry.
- Kenny has no lines and isn't shown again after they find out that KFC has been replaced. This is also the last time we see Kyle in this episode as well. (Stan is seen a few more times during the episode but only very briefly).
- The song Buffalo Soldier is a real song by Bob Marley.
- One of the Miller's aides, Kevin, has previously appeared in Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo.
- Ted the mustached Mayor's Aide has a new replacement in this episode since he was killed in Night of the Living Homeless.