|October 2011 Featured Article Winner|
The Marklar are an intelligent species of identical aliens who refer to all people, places, and things as "Marklar". Despite being almost identical and all having the same name, they are still somehow able to tell each other apart and address each other as Marklar without ambiguity.
They first appeared in the episode "Starvin' Marvin in Space". In which during the episode, a single Marklar visited Earth, specifically on Ethiopia, and attempted to make first contact with lions, but was subsequently killed. His spaceship was found by Starvin' Marvin, who used it, with help from the Boys, to bring his people a new home on the Marklar's home world in order to escape from Christian missionaries, who are intent on converting the Ethiopians to their faith. After Kyle Broflovski explained the situation to the Marklar in their language, the Marklar are touched by Kyle's words and allowed the Ethiopians to live on their planet.
All Marklars are almost identical, with orange skin and egg-shaped heads. They have prominent veins on their scalps and have yellow eyes. The only unique traits amongst different Marklar are the veins on their heads, the color of the robes they wear, and their height. The leader is the only known Marklar to wear a yellow robe and have a gray beard.
Marklar to Kyle Broflovski
- "Starvin' Marvin in Space" - Starvin' Marvin and the boys travel to their planet and must convince them to allow the Ethiopians to come live there.
- "The Red Badge of Gayness" - Briefly seen as Cartman's scream travels throughout the universe.
- "The Biggest Douche in the Universe" - They appear at the awards ceremony.
- "Cancelled" - (mentioned only)
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - They appear in the final song as part of the crowd.
- "Trapped in the Closet" - Marklar is one of the aliens seen being frozen by Xenu.