South Park has made several references to the Star Wars franchise over the years.
- This list is incomplete, you can help by
- 1 References
- 1.1 "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls"
- 1.2 "Pinkeye"
- 1.3 "Ike's Wee Wee"
- 1.4 "Chef Aid"
- 1.5 "Jakovasaurs"
- 1.6 "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery"
- 1.7 "Starvin' Marvin in Space"
- 1.8 "Fourth Grade"
- 1.9 "Towelie"
- 1.10 "Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants"
- 1.11 "Freak Strike"
- 1.12 "Free Hat"
- 1.13 "The Return of Chef"
- 1.14 "Imaginationland, Episode II"
- 1.15 "Imaginationland, Episode III"
- 1.16 "The China Probrem"
- 1.17 "200"
- 1.18 "Pinewood Derby"
- 1.19 "The Last of the Meheecans"
- 1.20 "Obama Wins!"
- 1.21 Kevin Stoley
- 1.22 "Memberberries"
- 1.23 "Douche and a Danish"
- 1.24 "Members Only"
- 1.25 "The End of Serialization as We Know It"
- 1.26 "Band in China"
- 1.27 "Turd Burglars"
- 1.28 "Basic Cable"
- 1.29 "Christmas Snow"
- 1.30 "The Pandemic Special"
- As Mr. Hankey is about to die after coming to the surface, he tells Kyle to come closer and tells him "There is another Skywalker" as does Yoda to Luke in Return of the Jedi.
- The South Park Elementary students wear Chewbacca masks, including Wendy Testaburger, she wins the Halloween Costume Contest here and again in "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery".
- Dr. Schwarz says "His father had it, his grandfather had it... and his brother had it." This is a reference to Star Wars: Return of the Jedi when Luke tells Leia about his family's use of the force.
- Lawyer Johnnie Cochran uses the infamous "Chewbacca Defense" to defend a major record company that Chef is suing for stealing his song "Stinky Britches".
- The Jakovasaur's are based on early previews of Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Robocop are combined during the closing credits, Kenny McCormick, dressed as an ED-209 unit, is taken down like an AT-AT by one Snowspeeder and destroyed by two others.
- Sally Struthers is represented as a Jabba the Hutt character from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. She tries to capture Starvin' Marvin in Tiberian Junker spacecraft. Kenny is captured and frozen in carbonite referencing Han Solo's fate in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
- The Tynacorp official yells "It's a Trap!" when he realizes the boys were being ambushed by the anti-Tynacorp resistance group. The quote was made famous by the character Admiral Ackbar in the movie Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- Jawas are briefly mentioned when Cartman uses them as an insult comparing them to the Afghani's.
- In exchange for applying the prosthetic balls to Butters' chin, the Star Trek Nerds ask for the original AVID cut of Star Wars: Episode I.
- While on The Maury Povich Show, Cartman boasts that he "digitally put Jabba the Hutt back into the original Star Wars movie!", in reference to the special edition of Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Star Wars creator, George Lucas, makes his debut in South Park.
- The Boys are shown going to the theater to watch The Empire Strikes Back, but find out that it has been edited, digitally replacing the entire cast with Ewoks and replacing the word "Wookiee" with "Hair Challenged Animal".
- Matt Stone and Trey Parker make a spoof commercial for the re-release of "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" mentioning that they always intended to include Imperial Walkers and Dewback lizards at the bus top scene.
- Stormtrooper's and AT-ST's are seen for the first time as well at his Skywalker Ranch.
- Inside George Lucas' house, there are references to the franchise including:
- A picture of him with Jar-Jar Binks
- A picture of him on the set of The Empire Strikes Back on the snowfields of Hoth
- A display case with the helmets of Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper
- A model of the Death Star II.
- A full-size replica of Chewbacca inside a case
- The helmet of Boba Fett
- A model of an Imperial Walker
- A picture of a Dewback in his living room
- Chef is turned into a cyborg called Darth Chef by the Super Adventure Club. This references Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- Stormtroopers are seen murdering The Lollipop King. Darth Maul can also be seen fighting on the side of the villains.
- George Lucas is seen for a second time. He is with his friend Steven Spielberg.
- The police eventually find a Stormtrooper being raped by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg inside a mansion. They also mention finding the dead, raped bodies of Yoda and Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom stuffed in the closet.
- Inside the room where the Stormtrooper was being raped, there is a large photo of All Terrain Scout Transport from the film series.
- George Lucas attempts to sue the town of South Park along with other celebrities who have been ridiculed in the past.
- Randy Marsh disguises himself as Princess Leia and sneaks into the Large Hadron Collider at CERN in Switzerland.
- Randy Marsh's scream of "NO!" when he sees the leaves outside his house is originally from Darth Vader at the end of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- Mickey Mouse buys the rights to Star Wars from George Lucas and Eric Cartman tries to extort his way into being Luke Skywalker's son in the next movie.
- Many characters and vehicles can be seen throughout the episode, especially in Disneyland.
- Kevin is shown to be a massive fan of Star Wars.
- Kevin is dressed as a Stormtrooper from the films when he is supposed to be dressed as a character from Lord of the Rings.
- Kevin wields a toy lightsaber, the Jedi weapon from the Star Wars films while the others are using pirate swords.
- During Season Twenty, the Memberberries are seen making many references to Star Wars. They frequently mention Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, and other aspects from the original trilogy.
- Randy presents Mr. Garrison with a poster of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- When Caitlyn Jenner checks on Mr. Garrison at Tom's Rhinoplasty, he is shown from the back sitting in a chamber, as his toupee is being put on his head by a mechanical claw and then turns around to face her. The scene is a reference to The Empire Strikes Back involving Darth Vader and his meditation chamber.
- The music played during Mr. Garrison's scene at Tom's Rhinoplasty is a mixture of "The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)" and "Hail to the Chief".
- While entering the White House, the memberberries mention snowspeeders, the Invasion of Hoth, and rebel transports from The Empire Strikes Back and the line "You rebel scum!" from Return of the Jedi.
- Lennart Bedrager's death from being thrown off the walkway by Gerald and down into the reactors mirrors the death of Darth Sidious from Return of the Jedi.
- A First Order Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren can be seen boarding the plane to China. The Stormtrooper then sits next to Thor.
- Later, the Stormtrooper and Kylo Ren stand near Randy and other Disney characters while waiting for the arrival of Mickey Mouse.
- Harriet Biggle asks Kyle for some of his mother's poop in exchange for the video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, which he refuses to do.
- The new girl Sophie Gray states that The Mandalorian is her favorite show and the best of the Star Wars franchise since The Empire Strikes Back. Later on, Scott Malkinson lies about liking the show and invites Sophie to watch it at his house.
- A scene of Baby Yoda drinking a bowl of soup is shown on screen when The Mandalorian begins at Scott's house.
- Santa Claus asks Butters if he would like a Baby Yoda doll. Butters rejects the offer, saying that the first few episodes of The Mandalorian were good, but the most recent episodes weren't that great.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.