- For other uses, see Linda (Disambiguation).
Linda Stotch is Butters Stotch's mother and Stephen Stotch's wife. She is voiced by Mona Marshall and first appears in the Season Four episode, "The Wacky Molestation Adventure". She was originally referred to as Carol in "Super Best Friends", however, she is referred to as Linda in "Butters' Very Own Episode".
Skills and Occupations
In "Butters' Very Own Episode", she is shown to have at least some skill in wall painting. When she goes temporarily insane, she spends all day painting coat after coat of paint on the walls in her house. Indeed, Butters even says that his father should get her a larger paintbrush for their anniversary.
Linda wears a maroon sweater, a calf-length purple skirt, and black flats. She has shoulder-length blonde hair, and a long, slim face. Her breasts are lopsided, with her right breast being noticeably larger than her left. She also wears red lipstick, much like Sheila Broflovski and Liane Cartman.
For special occasions, she wears a red dress, as seen in the award ceremony in "The Death Camp of Tolerance".
In "It's a Jersey Thing", Teresa Giudice from The Real Housewives of New Jersey said she had yellow teeth.
- To see images of Linda Stotch, visit Linda Stotch/Gallery.
Linda is shown to be a quiet, submissive woman. She is often seen reading or cleaning the house. She tends to be more sympathetic and tender toward her son but goes along with her husband's parenting methods because she feels he knows more about it than she does. She has shown on a couple of occasions that she has low self-esteem, such as "Butters' Very Own Episode". She is revealed to think more highly of Stephen's anniversary gifts than he does of hers. She is also shown to be quite sadistic in this episode. She also seems to be very mentally unstable, going insane when she found out her husband is bisexual and cheated on her with several gay men to the point of her attempting to kill both Butters and herself.
- Assault/child abuse: In "Jared Has Aides", she and her husband beat up Butters for swearing at them when it was really Cartman who swore at them.
- Attempted murder: In "Butters' Very Own Episode", she went insane when she found out her husband was going to places for homosexuals and tried to kill Butters, so he would not be raised by a 'sick pervert'.
- Human trafficking: In "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", she is willing to sell Butters as Paris Hilton's pet for a large sum of money.
- Lying To authorities and making a false police report: In "Butters' Very Own Episode", she and her husband file a false police report that Butters was kidnapped by a Puerto Rican man when he was actually in a car streaming in bodies of water by her.
- Indecent exposure: In "Christmas Snow", she rides an ATV while topless.
- Main article: Stephen Stotch
Stephen Stotch is Linda's husband. They normally appear to be a sweet and loving couple, often on the same wavelength regarding each other and their raising of their son Butters. However, their marriage suffered a painful shock when Linda discovered that Stephen was having homosexual affairs, which drove her insane and she attempted to kill Butters and later herself. While attempting to cover-up the supposed murder of their son, they created an elaborate lie regarding "some Puerto Rican guy". However, the lie soon became too complicated, and they fought constantly over how to keep the story straight, until at last confessing the truth. They seem to have recovered from that incident and have never discussed it again.
Leopold "Butters" Stotch
- Main article: Butters Stotch
Butters is Linda's son. She loves him dearly and is relatively tender to him. She does get angry or annoyed by him on occasion and has abused him in the past. In "Jared Has Aides" she is shown abusing him, however only because Cartman posed as Butters and insulted her.
While she is a lot nicer to Butters than Stephen, and hugs and kisses him a lot, but like his father, she has punished him and abused him absurdly before. In "How to Eat with Your Butt", she punishes Butters and keeps him confined to his room for supposedly making silly faces for his school picture, even though that is actually how he looks.
The most significant thing Linda ever did to Butters would have to be in "Butters' Very Own Episode". After she asked Butters to spy on Stephen and find out what he was giving her for their anniversary, Butters told her that he had gone to a strange bathhouse and was doing something weird with his genitals when he saw him. This caused Linda to go temporarily insane, and she drove Butters into the lake and left him there to drown, in an act similar to murderess Susan Smith.
She seems to hang out with the other mothers in South Park often. She and Stephen seem closest to Sheila and Sharon. Perhaps this is because their son was the fourth friend of the main characters for a while in the sixth season, during Kenny's semi-permanent death.
- "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" - First appearance (background character).
- "Super Best Friends" - First speaking role. David Blaine is performing magic for her at the beginning of the episode.
- "How to Eat with Your Butt" - She grounds Butters for supposedly making a silly face for his school picture.
- "Butters' Very Own Episode" - Linda goes temporarily insane after she finds out from Butters that Stephen is bi-curious.
- "Jared Has Aides" - Linda and Stephen ground Butters for having liposuction surgery. They then beat Butters for swearing at them.
- "Asspen" - Linda and her family accompany the Marshes, Broflovskis, and Cartmans to Aspen.
- "Freak Strike" - Linda and Stephen ground Butters for putting fake testicles on his chin.
- "Red Hot Catholic Love" - Linda and Stephen are among the parents that decide to convert to being atheist.
- "Child Abduction is Not Funny" - Linda and Stephen are among the parents that are worried about their child abducted.
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" - Linda and Stephen allow Butters to watch The Lord of the Rings but then help find the boys, after being told it was actually Back Door Sluts 9.
- "The Death Camp of Tolerance" - She sends Butters to Devitzen's Tolerance Camp.
- "My Future Self n' Me" - Linda and Stephen provide Butters a future self.
- "Toilet Paper" - She goes with her husband to free Butters and soon after grounding him.
- "Casa Bonita" - Linda and Stephen look for Butters, who had been lost for several days.
- "Raisins" - Loses a bet of whether Butters would be gay and tells Butters that Lexus only wants his money.
- "AWESOM-O" - She sends Butters to Los Angeles to visit his Aunt Nellie and Uncle Budd.
- "Pre-School" - Linda and Stephen force Butters to play outside, causing him to be bullied by Trent Boyett.
- "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" - Linda and Stephen make a deal with Paris Hilton, selling Butters to her for $250 Million.
- "Die Hippie, Die" - Engineer for Cartman's drill crew.
- "The Death of Eric Cartman" - Linda is worried about Butters' state of mind and has him sent to the South Park Institute for Mental Health.
- "Marjorine" - Linda is heartbroken after she thinks her son commit suicide.
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" - Seen in the crowd at the town's meeting.
- "Night of the Living Homeless" - Linda and Stephen are trapped on the roof of the building with all the other townspeople hiding from the homeless people.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Linda is horror-struck to see Mr(s). Garrison's "penis" running around her kitchen floor.
- "Pandemic" - She is one of the townspeople fleeing from the Furry Death.
- "About Last Night..." - Linda and Stephen were McCain supporters who helped build and managed an "Ark".
- "The Ungroundable" - Butters becomes a vampire, making him "ungroundable", making Linda very worried for him.
- "Eat, Pray, Queef" - Seen at the emergency school meeting.
- "Pinewood Derby" - Seen among the residents at the end of the alien test.
- "Butters' Bottom Bitch" - Appears beside Stephen when Butters returns from Players Ball.
- "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" - She and Stephen ground Butters for the bad language in The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerBalls.
- "200" - Seen at the meeting with her husband.
- "201" - Seen in the crowd giving Santa in bear costume to gingers.
- "City Sushi" - She and her husband take Butters to therapy because he has multiple personality disorder.
- "Butterballs" - Seen with her husband at home.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen at the PTA meeting with her husband.
- "Insecurity" - Seen in the background during the police announcement.
- "Going Native" - Linda and Stephen send Butters to their native land of Hawaii to fix his anger issues.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background while Jesus Christ is giving his speech.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Complains to the local cable company after her murder porn television programming is blocked and learns to play MINECRAFT.
- "The Magic Bush"- Seen at the Neighborhood Watch meeting.
- "Grounded Vindaloop" - Watches Butters assault, Stephen, in virtual reality, and forgets why Stephen grounded him.
- "The City Part of Town"- Seen at the Whole Foods Market.
- "Sponsored Content"- Seen in bed with her husband.
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen in the crowd of people standing in front of the Whole Foods Market.
- "Skank Hunt" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Oh, Jeez" - Seen greeting Bill Clinton at their door and inviting him to talk with Butters.
- "Not Funny" - Seen at Harrison Yates' press conference about TrollTrace.com and at church.
- "Put It Down" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Franchise Prequel" - Participates in a meeting with the other parents. Later asks Mark Zuckerberg to leave the Stotch Residence when he helps himself into their home.
- "Dead Kids"- Seen when Sharon calls the other parents together to speak about school shootings. Later seen when Randy sings.
- "A Boy And A Priest" - Cracks jokes about Catholic Priests.
- "The Problem with a Poo" - Seen as part of the City Council. Later seen watching Mr. Hankey leave South Park.
- "The Scoots" - Goes to Tegridy Farms with Stephen to try and get some protection.
- "Nobody Got Cereal?" - Seen at the South Park Community Center meeting with her husband.
- "Unfulfilled" - Freaks out after finding out she is not an Amazon Prime member anymore.
- "Band in China" - Seen at the Autumn Fest.
- "Shots!!!" - Tries with the other parents to make Cartman get his shots.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - Seen in the town meeting.
- "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special" - Goes with her family at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
- "Season Finale" - Seen at Sharon's party at Tegridy Farms.
- "Turd Burglars" - Tries to get her hands on Sheila's poop in order to have a fecal transplant.
- "Basic Cable" - The Stotches call the Cable Company.
- "Christmas Snow" - Loses her "Christmas Spirit" after liquor is prohibited during the holidays but cheers up after Randy comes up with his Christmas special.
- "The Pandemic Special" - She goes with her husband to find Butters. She was later seen in front of the "Build-A-Bear Workshop".
- "South ParQ Vaccination Special" - Seen in the Walgreens line to get a vaccine.
- "Pajama Day" - Seen at the grocery store, waving at Mrs. Tweak.
- "Back To The Cold War" - Cheers on for Butters in the dressage championship with Stephen.
- "Credigree Weed St. Patrick's Day Special" - Wears a green scarf to prevent from being pinched.
- South Park: Post Covid - Appears in the Shady Acres retirement home.
- South Park: Post Covid: The Return of Covid - Seen with her husband, while being high on Tegridy Weed "Post Covid" special.
|South Park families|
Other characters' families