- For other uses, see Kevin (disambiguation).
Kevin Stoley is a member of the boys' class. A tertiary character who rarely speaks, he first spoke in "Conjoined Fetus Lady", where despite being depicted as white, he was revealed to be Chinese-American. Kevin's most notable trait is his Star Wars obsession, seen in both "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" and again in "Fatbeard". Kevin is described by Trey Parker as the kid who is "always ruining the show".
He is first referred to by name in "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" by Mr. Garrison as "Casey", but is referred to by Stan in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" as "Kevin". Since then, he has consistently been referred to as "Kevin". Some fans originally reconciled this by calling him "Kevin C.", but during the thirteenth season, the character Kevin Stoley was referred to off-screen in "Fishsticks" and revealed later in "Fatbeard" to be Kevin. He is often referred to as "Kevin C. Stoley" to reconcile these differences.
Kevin wears a sky-blue jacket with a red collar, red gloves, and dark blue trousers. His hair is black, and the style is similar to that of Stan's. The light blue color of his jacket explains why in the ancient scripts he was written as "Sky". He is supposed to be of Chinese descent, but he appears not to have the "slanted" eyes stereotype featured in many of the Asians in the show. This is likely because he was conceived in America, and so appears as a Caucasian. It is also possible he is only half-Chinese, presumably with a Chinese mother and American father, as Stoley is not a typical Chinese name. This backs up Chef's statement in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" that people should not be teased or discriminated on account of their race or religion, but that it's okay to tease people on account of their nationality. Trey Parker's original script for "Conjoined Fetus Lady" refers to him as looking like "any other kid, except he has black hair." However, his parents as seen in "My Future Self n' Me" and "T.M.I." do not look Chinese, and the episode "City Sushi" implies Tuong Lu Kim and Junichi Takiyama to be the only Asian people in the town, although Lu Kim is later revealed to not in fact be Chinese.
Kevin's personality is little-known, but he is known for his Star Wars obsession, which he consistently annoys other characters (mainly Cartman) with - in "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" he is wearing a Stormtrooper mask while meeting with the other children in their Lord of the Rings outfits, and in "Fatbeard" he brings along a green lightsaber instead of a sword as a member of Cartman's pirate crew. It was also mentioned in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" by Kevin that he's from America but his parents are from China.
In "My Future Self n' Me", a couple known as the Brooks hire a man vaguely resembling the Kevin character (who has the same sky-blue/red color scheme and similar hairstyle) to keep their son out of drugs by using him as a "future self" decoy. Although the child is referred to as Kevin, it is unsure if "Kevin Brooks" and Kevin were intended to be the same character as the animators tend to reuse similar-looking models for different characters. The same parents reappear in "200" and "201" in crowd scenes and with the other parents in "T.M.I." which seems to confirm them as Kevin's parents. These characters are called into question as Kevin himself is never seen with them. As seen with characters like Jimmy, Clyde, and Token, Parker and Stone have been known to change characters' last names, meaning these could be Kevin's parents and his name was originally Brooks, but later changed to Stoley. Kevin closely resembles a female 4th grade student named Esther. It is unknown if they are siblings.
Kevin's exact relationships/friendships are virtually unknown due to him only making a handful of speaking appearances, and he is implied to be unpopular, but in "Insheeption" he is shown sitting at lunch with the main boys and there are a few characters he is particularly often seen with in the background.
During early seasons, Kevin and her were often animated together, sitting together at lunch for most of the first four seasons including during Damien Thorn's attack in "Damien" and in "Sexual Harassment Panda" they trade sandwiches. They're also seen together in crowd scenes, talking in "Gnomes" before class starts, at the movies together, and holding hands while singing together during "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch" in South Park: Bigger,Longer & Uncut. During "Hooked on Monkey Phonics" he is seen alone at the dance near her while she dances with Token. However, since the first four seasons the two only occasionally appear together in newer episodes such as "Lice Capades", and arguably, "Fatbeard". Red was also one of the girls hitting on him in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset". It is unknown if they are still friends.
During Seasons 9 to 13, after the lunch room was re-designed, Kevin was usually seen eating and talking with Bradley in a table near the cafeteria doors, and in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", along with Francis and Timmy. They are also seen together in "Lice Capades", where they are the two boys who hold back Kenny during his trial, as well as being the ones to remove his hood. When Bradley was formally introduced in the "Coon 2: Hindsight" story arc, his given personality was also similar to Kevin's - in fact, a Star Wars-esque poster is seen in Bradley's bedroom.
Kevin is seen hanging around with Timmy, Bradley, and Francis in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" and later is seen talking with Timmy,along with Jimmy and Pip, in "South Park is Gay!" The two have seldom been seen together since, but it is of note Timmy's special character design causes him to rarely be seen in the background
Like everyone else in the school, Kevin probably despises Cartman, however he has never shown it and has actually aided him on a few occasions. Cartman is indifferent to Kevin most of the time. He had no qualms about accepting Cartman as a leader on numerous occasions, meaning either he is a person who likes to follow orders more than give them, is too passive to fight back, or he trusts Cartman to some extent. In "Fatbeard" Cartman calls the pirate crew meeting at his house, with Kevin expressing surprise. It's unknown if Kevin joined the pirate crew by choice. Cartman is annoyed by Kevin's love of Star Wars, as shown in "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers".
- Out of the three other characters named Kevin, Kevin Stoley is the only one who continues to appear consistently.
- Kevin appears in the hallway, during the field trip in "200" and at lunch in "Insheeption" and "Crème Fraiche" but never in the classroom in the fourteenth season.
- Kevin looks very similar to Esther.
- Matt and Trey describe Kevin in the commentary for "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers". They cite him as "always ruining the show" for the other children.
- Kevin suffers from motion sickness, which is seen in "Fatbeard".
- "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" - No lines, but is seen giving his science project, a weed; referred to as "Casey".
- "Damien" - Seen in Damien's Tornado.
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady"- First speaking role, Stan identifies him as Chinese.
- "Clubhouses" - Passing Bebe's note with Butters and Fosse.
- "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!": He was in the Nebraska mall turning on Mr. Hankey with the other children.
- "Sexual Harassment Panda" - Trades sandwiches with Red.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Seen as a member of La Resistance.
- "Tweek vs. Craig" - Watches Tweek and Craig's fight.
- "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" - Wants to see where Bebe is, with Bradley, Francis and Timmy.
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" - Dressed as a Stormtrooper instead of a Lord of the Rings character.
- "Marjorine" - References the movie Juawanna Man.
- "Lice Capades" - One of the boys to get his head checked and later holds Kenny during his trial.
- "Tonsil Trouble" - Watches the fight between Cartman and Kyle.
- "Super Fun Time" - Seen with the rest of the class in the final scene.
- "Fishsticks" - Mentioned but not seen; first use of 'Stoley'
- "Fatbeard" - A member of Cartman's pirate crew. He also had the pirate meeting held at his house (organised by Cartman without his permission).
- "Reverse Cowgirl" - Seen in the background of Mr. Garrison's class.
- "Cash For Gold" - Seen in the background on the playground.
- "Faith Hilling" - Seen in the memeing class with the other 4th Grade students.
- "Jewpacabra" - Seen at the Easter egg hunt.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in the background in the cafeteria and in the hallways.
- "Cartman Finds Love" - Seen in the background in the school's hallways.
- "Sarcastaball" - Seen playing sarcastaball with other boys.
- "Raising the Bar" - Seen in the hall waiting to use the boys bathroom.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background in the school hallways.
- ↑ ""South Park" Conjoined Fetus Lady (TV episode 1998)". IMDb.com.
- ↑ "FAQ - South Park Studios". southparkstudios.com.