This page contains trivia for "Jewbilee". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- This episode does not feature Stan Marsh or Eric Cartman (with the exception of the intro).
- It is also the first time Cartman has been absent for two consecutive episodes.
- This is the only episode in the meteor shower story arc where two main characters have more than a brief cameo.
- Haman is a villain in the 4th-century-BC Book of Esther, who planned to have all the Jews in the Persian Empire killed. Their deliverance is the basis for the Purim holiday, where it is traditional to burn Haman in effigy.
- This episode's title is a reference to the biblical Jubilee, a year at the end of the seven cycles of Sabbatical years.
- Elder Garth uses the same words in trapping Moses that Celine Dion used in singing the Iraqi national anthem in the episode "Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus".
- Ike Broflovski somehow makes a replication of The Last Supper out of macaroni. This is one of the first hints at Ike's extraordinarily high intelligence.
References to Popular Culture
- Moses' appearance is based on the Master Control Program from the 1982 film, Tron.
- Moses kills the worshiper of Haman like the energy-creature in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.
- The squirts' supervisor yells "It's a trap!" prior to the bear capturing the squirts. This is a reference to Admiral Ackbar's famous "It's a trap!" line from the film Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Moses.
- When Kenny McCormick looks for help, ATF trucks and police cars, which appeared in "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub", are seen rushing to the "religious cult".
- When it is asked that all new inductees step forward, the seats to the right that were taken by Kyle and Kenny are empty. In the next scene, they are back in the seats.
- Despite the general design of Canadian characters, Ike Broflovski's head appears as one shape in several side-on shots.
- While the Squirts are singing "We Are Squirts", all of the Squirts' mouths are moving as if they are singing, but only the Squirt Leader's voice can be heard. Subsequently, the second time the Squirts are shown singing, nobody's mouths are moving, but the Squirt Leader's voice can still be heard.
- When Kenny turns to leave the scouts after being exposed for not being a Jew, in one frame his closed eyes overlap the side of his hoodie.
- A character who looks and acts very much like Clyde Donovan is seen undergoing the initiation ceremony at Jewbilee. Later episodes make no mention of the Donovan family being Jewish and in at least one episode they are shown attending church. This may have been an error or the re-use of the character design when Clyde became a more developed character.
- Kenny dies from a blow to the head, while trying to get Moses out of the shell.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.