- For other uses, see Jason (Disambiguation).
Jason White was a student at South Park Elementary. He spoke occasionally and was voiced by Trey Parker. He was killed off in the Season Twenty-Three episode "Season Finale" after he was run over by a police car.
Jason first appeared in the cafeteria during "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" as a background character, in a shot that was reused in "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" with some basic dialogue, but did not appear otherwise. A revised version of the character first appeared in "Professor Chaos" as a candidate for the boys' new fourth friend, making it past the first cut though he has no dialogue.
He made his first major speaking appearance in "South Park is Gay!", seen with Craig's Gang when they wore matching outfits as metrosexuals, alongside Craig Tucker, Token Black, and Tweek Tweak; he makes his only appearance in Mr. Garrison's classroom in this episode.
In "Breast Cancer Show Ever" and "Elementary School Musical" he is sitting with the main boys in the cafeteria and their extended friend group, including Craig, Token and Jimmy. In the latter episode, he explains what High School Musical is and expresses disbelief at the kids' lack of familiarity with the fad.
In "Splatty Tomato", his father Bob White, mother Mrs. White and sister Crystal White are first introduced, and he is shown to be part of their family when his parents complain to PC Principal that the school is too liberal and causing his kids to be afraid of the President. Jason looks at the floor and does not speak throughout the scene. When his parents later try to free the President at the end of the episode and his family summons him, he similarly looks at the ground and does not speak.
Jason was known for his playful nature among the townspeople, and seemed well-liked among his classmates, frequently invited to larger gatherings or to play games. He participated in many of the other children's role-playing games, playing along under even Cartman's authority as a Border Patrol agent in the Texans vs. Mexicans game and dedicating himself to the role of an elven shopkeeper in the boys' fantasy role-playing game. He was especially known for his love of sports, however. He was known as a member of both the South Park Cows' basketball team as well as the football and soccer teams, and had a reputation for enjoying playing sports in his free time as well, joining the kids for games of football on the playground and at the park. He also expressed once that a football game would be less fun to watch if knowing the outcome in advance. At his funeral, Father Maxi observed it was his playful nature with sports that lead to his untimely death.
Jason seemed embarrassed or intimidated by his father's outbursts, remaining silent and often looking down or away from him, though he was evidently surprised when his father pulled out a weapon. He is never seen speaking in his parents' presence. He was also evidently obedient to their demands, as after his death, his mother remarks that he did not use his phone outside of designated phone hours. His family was later shown hitting their subsequently adopted child, Alejandro White for misbehaving, suggesting Jason's reluctance to speak and obedience may have been a result of similar abuse.
Jason's quiet nature stood in contrast to his parents, who were known for their outspoken nature among the other adults, and often seemed to prefer following the other students, like Craig Tucker, and seemed concerned about what was popular, expressing his surprise that the boys were unfamiliar with High School Musical and citing its popularity with their age group. He often spoke up when expressing disbelief or surprise, such as when the boys succeeded in capturing a leprechaun, or when Butters Stotch exposed himself at a volleyball game. He often appeared rather stoic or expressionless in serious situations however, even compared to other background characters, watching blankly when Kenny gets crushed to death by the Giant Reptilian Bird or when Snooki sinisterly appears behind Cartman during "It's a Jersey Thing", in which everyone appears to be concerned apart from him.
Cartman observed in his opinion that Jason "couldn't catch" and suggested that he had been clumsy, blaming this for his death being ran over by police officer's vehicle when he tried to catch a ball Cartman had thrown in the street, although this could be seen as avoiding blame for Jason's death considering Cartman was the one who threw it.
Jason has dark brown hair with noticeable sideburns and a high forehead with a receded hairline. He wears a purple jacket and a pair of blue jeans, which were originally dark gray. In "The Hobbit", Wendy mentions that he has freckles. His character is based on Jason McHugh, who was featured with Trey Parker and Matt Stone in Cannibal! The Musical and Orgazmo.
Jason's friendships were never well-defined in his appearances. He was most notably a member of Craig's Gang during the metrosexual fad in "South Park is Gay!", but by the next season he was no longer considered a member of the group. He still occasionally sat with them and The Boys at lunch, particularly during the twelfth season, though this spot has also been filled by Tweek Tweak and Kevin Stoley depending on the episode, and in larger sequences, he continued to appear alongside the groups, such as eating pizza in "Margaritaville" and at Cartman's viewing party in "Eat, Pray, Queef".
His closest friend may have been Tweek. Both boys appeared in Craig's Gang during the meterosexual fad, and then were no longer with them in "Good Times with Weapons", but continued to appear together. They were seen together most notably when they were invited together to a party at Bebe Stevens' home during the Stupid Spoiled Whore fad. They are also next to each other in "Marjorine", "Night of the Living Homeless" and "Imaginationland". He also may have been friendly with Token outside the group, as they were both on the same Cows basketball team together. Tweek was noticeably more upset with Jason's death than their other classmates present.
Cartman once referred to himself as "pretty close" with Jason, and they seemed to be friendly. Jason was among the boys who helped him to trap Kyle at the nearby Sizzler during the Jersey invasion effort, where DogPoo Petuski and Bill Allen were also present. He and Dogpoo were also both invited to play Texans vs. Mexicans at Cartman's House, where they both served as Border Patrol agents for Cartman. Dogpoo was also present for Jason's death. He also played with Bill on the basketball team and appeared next to him in "The Hobbit" when Wendy discussed the boys' flaws. He and Bill both joined Tweek in the PlayStation 4 Army in "Black Friday".
Jason plays a minor role in the game as a member of the Drow Elf faction, tending the armory at the Elven Kingdom and acting as the faction's merchant. You have to buy equipment from him to befriend him. This is one of the few times he speaks, and the only time you interact with him in the game, though he appears in the cutscenes.
- The Unaired Pilot - Seen talking to Kyle in the cafeteria and says "Yeah, I think we need weedkiller."
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" - A prototypical version of him is seen in the cafeteria.
- "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" - Seen in the scene recycled from The Unaired Pilot. His line was redubbed to "Yeah, that's pretty fresh."
- "Professor Chaos" - Is one of the contestants to be the new 4th member and replacement of Kenny in the group.
- "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers" - seen glaring at Kevin as he walks away after being ostracized at the boys' LOTR council, wherein Jason plays Legolas.
- "South Park is Gay!" - Part of Craig's competing metrosexual gang; first speaking role and first episode as a member of the fourth-grade class at South Park Elementary
- "Raisins" - Appears in the Raisins Restaurant.
- "Quest for Ratings" - Seen in the background for a flashback.
- "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" - While walking with Tweek, Sally tells the other girls that he has "a huge bulge." Annie also thinks that the two "would make a great three-way".
- "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" - One of the boys amazed at Kyle's negroplasty.
- "Marjorine" - One of several boys that take part in the plan to capture the "Cootie Catcher."
- "Make Love, Not Warcraft" - Jason helps the boys fight the rogue player online.
- "Cartman Sucks" - Seen briefly in the hallway.
- "Night of the Living Homeless" - watches Cartman skate over the homeless.
- "Imaginationland" - Part of Cartman's group that hunts for a leprechaun at the beginning of the episode, express disbelief when he is found.
- "The List" - Shown to have ranked in the fifth spot on the corrupted list.
- "Breast Cancer Show Ever" - Is seen as part of Wendy's entourage as she prepares to fight Cartman, sitting with the boys at lunch.
- "Elementary School Musical" - Sings in the opening musical number, sits with the boys at lunch, and plays on the basketball team.
- "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" - Seen in the hallway.
- "Eat, Pray, Queef" - Seen at Cartman's house getting ready to watch 'Blood Rage: Part 2'.
- "It's a Jersey Thing" - Part of Cartman's entourage.
- "Funnybot" - Seen being held hostage along with the rest of the school.
- "City Sushi" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "The Last of the Meheecans" - Seen at Cartman's sleepover with the other boys; he and DogPoo Petuski play the Texan lookouts with Cartman.
- "1%" - Seen at the assembly.
- "Faith Hilling" - Seen in the memeing class with the other 4th Grade students.
- "Jewpacabra" - Seen at the Easter egg hunt.
- "Butterballs" - Seen in the background in the cafeteria, in the hallways, and participated in Stan's anti-bullying video to bully Butters.
- "Cartman Finds Love" - Seen in the background in the school's hallways and in the boy's locker room.
- "Sarcastaball" - Plays football and sarcastaball with the other boys.
- "A Scause For Applause" - Seen in the background in the school hallways.
- "Let Go, Let Gov" - Seen eating in the cafeteria.
- "Informative Murder Porn" - Seen in Park County Community Center.
- "Titties and Dragons" - Seen at Red Robin.
- "The Hobbit" - Walks past Wendy and Stan in the hallway and stops to listen after Wendy points out that he has freckles.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Seen in the background in the hallway; ignores Kyle when he addresses him.
- "The Cissy" - comments on Wendyl's arrival at school.
- "Freemium Isn't Free" - Seen in the school hallway.
- "Grounded Vindaloop" - Seen in the background in the school's hallways.
- "Stunning and Brave" - Seen at the school meeting and in the hallway; during the meeting, Jason is seen with two unknown adults.
- "The City Part of Town" - Seen as part of the children's choir at the opening of the South Park Whole Foods.
- "You're Not Yelping" - Seen in the hallway.
- "Safe Space" - Seen in the school hallway.
- "Sponsored Content" - Seen in the hallway.
- "Truth and Advertising"- Seen in the cafeteria watching Stan and Kyle fight.
- "PC Principal Final Justice" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Member Berries"- Seen at the school assembly.
- "Skank Hunt" - is one of the boys whose girlfriend breaks up with him; has fuller hair in this appearance.
- "Wieners Out" - Seen participating in Butters' Wieners Out movement, draws attention to Butters.
- "Douche and a Danish" - Seen in the battle between the boys and the girls.
- "Oh, Jeez" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Put It Down" - Sings Put It Down with the other students.
- "Hummels & Heroin" - Seen at Marcus' birthday party. Rallies with Marcus Preston after witnessing his presentation in the school cafeteria.
- "Sons A Witches" - Seen in the school cafeteria.
- "Doubling Down" - Seen in the hallway when Kyle and Cartman fight after Heidi leaves Cartman for Kyle.
- "Moss Piglets" - Seen in the school hallway when Heidi runs away with the Water Bears.
- "SUPER HARD PCness" - Seen at the gym during the bombing of Canada.
- "Splatty Tomato" - Seen in the principal's office with his parents and at the end when they take hostages.
- "The Problem with a Poo" - Seen in the school assembly.
- "Buddha Box" - Seen on the South Park Cows soccer team's bench.
- "Bike Parade" - Seen at the bike parade.
- "Shots!!!" - Seen on Main Street during Randy's celebrations.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - Seen in the cafeteria.
- "Tegridy Farms Halloween Special" - Seen at the school assembly.
- "Season Finale" - Final appearance. Gets run over by a police car and dies.
- "South ParQ Vaccination Special" - Appeared in a photo at the White Residence.
- He was ranked #5 in the list of most attractive boys by the girls in "The List", however, the list was actually fake so his real position is unknown.
- At the time of his final appearance, he had eleven speaking appearances and was mentioned in at least five episodes in which he did not speak.
- In the audio mini-commentary for "Splatty Tomato", Trey expresses that he thinks it's "really cool" that he finally found a use for Jason and put him in the White family, and seemed excited at using the character in a future appearance.
- Jason is currently the only killed-off child with no obvious reason or signs of why the writers killed him off, unlike Pip Pirrip.
- A person looking similar to Jason was seen in the fifth grade line in "Lice Capades".
- He is one of the only fourth graders to have his ears visible.