He wears a magenta yarmulke, a khaki jacket with a blue shirt underneath, and forest green trousers. He has brown hair with sideburns and a full beard trimmed into a point at the chin and shaved alongside the lips so that his mustache does not connect. He has never been seen without his yarmulke on, except in the episode "Major Boobage" which confirms that he is balding. The fact that he is always seen wearing it would imply that he practices Orthodox Judaism, yet his liberal views & the fact that no other Jewish clothes is worn by him or his family implies that he is Conservative or a member of a more progressive sect who wears it via choice..
For special occasion, Gerald's outfit and yarmulke is in black and dark grey color.
Gerald seems to be the most caring and rational of all the male parents in South Park. He is concerned with Kyle learning about moral values, and about the environment and current events. He is typically portrayed to be kind and friendly, though he can be stubborn, sarcastic and impolite at times.
Gerald Broflovski suffers from impotence. Though it's implied that he is simply no longer attracted to Sheila it may be the reason why Ike is an adoptee.
In the episode "Red Man's Greed", he confesses to Randy that he has a gambling problem.
In "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina", he states that he loves dolphins and has always wished he could be with them.
In "Major Boobage", it is revealed that he used to get high off of cat urine when he was ten years younger. His wife may have conceived Kyle while he was addicted.
OccupationsGerald is a lawyer and a member of City Council as the city attorney. He has handled such legal matters as Getting Chef's name put on the album for Stinky Britches in "Chef Aid". He also helped Eric Cartman to successfully sue Stan after he called him an "Ass sucker". He also abused his power as a lawer in the same episode by pursuading his clients to sue South Park Elementary. This counts as a Ponzi Scheme because Gerald scammed South Park Elementary and its students by making multiple false claims of sexual harrasment and then making millions out of it. Then everyone started suing each other, causing the school to go bankrupt. In the episode "Major Boobage", he gets a law passed that cats are to be illegal in South Park, but he again abuses his power as a lawyer by breaking that law after he grounded Kyle for keeping a cat away from Kenny McCormick.
Gerald was seen driving a car best resembling a purple-red 2002 Lincoln Navigator in "Asspen", and in "Smug Alert!" he drives a Toyonda Pious with a license plate reading "1TMYMPG"( 1T=Want, so together equals: Want my Miles Per Gallon?)
Gerald's surname suggests Polish ancestry, though in the episode "Butt Out", Cartman referred to Kyle and his family as "Serbian Jews".
Main article: Sheila Broflovski
She is Gerald's overweight, overbearing wife. They seem to have a comfortable relationship, though he frequently gets annoyed by her habit of making a mountain out of a molehill, and her general nosiness. Curiously though, he didn't mind it when she had sex with Chef in "Chef Aid", and cheerfully asked her how she liked it after Chef had left. Also, he couldn't get aroused by her in "Spontaneous Combustion", but later got turned on by three young women (who had stripped in his office) who were angry at Randy Marsh for getting skin cancer all over their 'hot bodies.' This implies that he finds Sheila unattractive. The two were having intercourse in "Dead Celebrities" when they were interrupted with Ike Broflovski.
Main Article: Kyle Broflovski He is Gerald's only biological son. They have a strong bond with each other, and Gerald generally tries his best to teach Kyle good morals. He also trys to stop Kyle from doing stupid things such as getting a Negroplasty.
Ike Moisha Broflovski
Main Article: Ike Broflovski Gerald's adopted son. He is never shown to have much interaction with him, but it is clear from the episodes centered on the family, such as "Ike's Wee Wee", and "It's Christmas in Canada", that he loves him very much.
Gerald's extended family has never been seen, but he has a nephew in law on Sheila's side, a dead mother in law, and apparently a sister in law. In "More Crap", he admitted to having a brother. His mother is also dead for three years as revealed in "The Wacky Molestation Adventure".
Episodes in which he is Prominent
- "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" - Gerald and Sheila protest against the school nativity play. Later, he holds onto Father Maxi while Sheila beats him up.
- "Ike's Wee Wee" - Gerald and Sheila explain to Kyle that Ike was adopted.
- "Chickenpox" - Gerald and Stuart go fishing together.
- "Chef Aid" - Gerald helps Chef to get his name put on the "Stinky Britches" album of Alanis Morrisette.
- "Spontaneous Combustion" - Gerald can't get aroused by Sheila, but gets turned on by two girls who want to sue Randy Marsh.
- "Sexual Harassment Panda" - Gerald helps the kids sue each other for sexual harassment, which leads to a city-wide case of Everyone vs. Everyone.
- "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub" - Gerald and Randy have a hard time dealing with each other at the meteor party after they both experiment and masturbate in front of each other in Mr. Mackey's hot tub.
- "Asspen" - Gerald, Sheila and kin accompany the Marshes, Cartman and Stotches to Asspen.
- "It's Christmas in Canada" - Gets a visit by Ike's birth parents.
- "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" - Gerald gets a "dolphinoplasty", and becomes upset when he doesn't receive special treatment for being a dolphin.
- "Smug Alert!" - Gerald gets a hybrid and becomes very smug then decides to move to San Fransisco.
- "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" - Gerald and Sheila find out from Kyle that Ike is having an affair with his teacher, Ms. Stephenson.
- "Night of the Living Homeless" - Gerald can't overcome the beggars, and ends up becoming homeless himself.
- "More Crap" - Gerald is one of the men supporting Randy in the crapping competition.
- "Imaginationland" - Kyle asks him were leprechauns come from? and he says from Ireland.
- "Major Boobage" - Gerald gets Cheesing outlawed and then later we find out he used to cheese back in the day and he still does.
- "Pandemic" - Gerald and other parents are worried about their sons and say that Craig is a bad influence on them.
- "HUMANCENTiPAD" - Gerald becomes a member of Apple to save his son from Steve Jobs' creation by going to the Geniuses, In which he states, "I am now part of the future."
|Broflovski / Schwartz Family|