This page contains trivia for "Fat Camp". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- Tom Green is Canadian, but does not have a floppy head or beady eyes when he appears with Kenny on the Howard Stern show.
- Kenny is the second of the gang to be sent to jail after Cartman threw a rock at Token. Kenny is sent in for prostitution.
- Stephen Stotch can be seen in the crowd when Kenny eats dog poo on Jesus and Pals. He is wearing a red sweater instead of his usual shirt and tie. He is later present for the Krazy Kenny Show.
- In this episode, a small amount of a more "3D" style is used, first when Kenny is seen rotating on the podium at Jesus and Pals, then when the Krazy Kenny set rotates to reveal his grandpa ready for a full body massage.
- When Kenny eats the manatee's spleen, his mouth can be seen quite clearly.
- During the scene where James Taylor and Chef sing their song together, the boys are crowded by a group of other children with Annie Knitts being one of them. At the same time she can be seen by the doorway with Red and another boy.
- The accompanying music used in Chef's prostitution song would later be used in "The Simpsons Already Did It".
- At the end there is a kid that resembles one of the original four boys from "Jesus vs. Frosty".
- This is the last episode to feature Jesus's TV show Jesus and Pals.
- In the episode "Cow Days", the boys were familiar with what a prostitute was, but not in this episode.
- A segment of the episode features students at the University of Colorado. The architecture of the buildings and the distinct mountain range suggests that it is the University of Colorado at Boulder, alma mater of Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
References to Popular Culture
- The lyrics Cartman is singing just before his intervention is "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" by Lou Rawls which is also a song Token sings in the episode "Wing".
- Inside the radio studio, there is a poster of musician Elton John on the wall.
- "The Prostitute Song" is a parody of the James Taylor single, "Your Smiling Face".
- The radio station features controversial figures, Howard Stern, Tom Green, and Johnny Knoxville:
- Howard Stern is a shock jock and the host of The Howard Stern Show which has been controversial due to remarks made by Stern as well as topics featured on the show.
- Tom Green is a comedian who at the time of the original airing of the episode was known for his MTV show The Tom Green Show, which often featured him doing shock comedy.
- Johnny Knoxville is an actor who was one of the creators and stars of the MTV show, Jackass, which often featured Knoxville and others performing dangerous pranks and stunts.
- In the creator's commentary, Trey and Matt mention that the B-plot featuring Kenny doing crazy acts was inspired by MTV shows Jackass and The Tom Green Show, which were very popular during the original airing of the episode.
- Butters gives Kenny an R. Kelly thermos, referring to the singer. He would be featured later in Trapped in the Closet, where he performs one of his songs.
- The Antonio Banderas blow up love doll from "Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery" appears in the studio behind Howard Stern.
- The pedophile who first dated Cartman in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" is seen in Krazy Kenny Show studio, but without his mustache.
- When Cartman says to another kid that when he was in prison, he would sneak things into prison by hiding it up his ass, this is a reference to the episode "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000".
- Chef says that the boys are always asking him difficult questions he does not want to answer, such as where the clitoris is and what lesbians are.
- A poster of Elton John can be seen on the wall at the radio station. He was last seen in Chef Aid, though stock footage of him from the former episode was briefly shown in "Timmy 2000".
- A poster of Fred Savage can also be seen on the wall at the radio station. He was last seen in "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls".
- When Chef is explaining what prostitutes are, Kyle's mouth is slanted. (This is later fixed in HD airings)
- When the screen shifts to the audience in Jesus and Pals, a man in the front row can be seen with no pupils.
- The weight counselor named Rick has a faulty name tag, it says he is called Murry Smith, however that is disproved once the other weight counselor calls him Rick.
- Ms. Crabtree said she was a "Tight virgin flower" after pushing Kenny out of her. But Chef did have sex with her in "Chef Aid" when he was trying to get money to hire Johnny Cochrane. She also implied she has had sex since she was sixteen after Kenny crawls inside of her.
- Liane states that Cartman is the only fat child in his family, but in "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!", all of his relatives are fat. This would be proven again later in "Cartmanland".
- Stan is unsure of what a prostitute is, despite him knowing what a prostitute is in "Chickenpox".
- In the promo for the event with Kenny crawling into Ms. Crabtree's uterus, a picture of Kenny inside her uterus can be seen, even though the event has not taken place yet.
- Although, Kenny does not actually die in this episode, an impostor takes his place and gets crushed to death by the pressure while completing his stunt. As a result, Stan and Kyle respectively say "Oh my god! They killed Kenny! Sort of..." "Yeah, they kind of killed Kenny-'s look-alike. You bastards!"