Family Guy is an animated television show on the FOX network. The show has been criticized by Trey Parker and Matt Stone in the episodes, Cartoon Wars Part I and Cartoon Wars Part II for having jokes that have nothing to do with the plot of the episode. The second episode revealed that Family Guy is written by a group of manatees, that pick up balls that have words etched on them. One ball has a a build up, and the second ends the joke. If a ball is removed from the tank, the manatees will stop their work.
- Family Guy appears shortly on the episode Canada on Strike in which the boys are looking for new TV shows to watch which end up on Family Guy which Cartman responds to in " No we are not resorting to that!".
- The Family Guy writers have become well away of this portrayal, to point of referencing those style of jokes as 'Manatee jokes' in DVD commentaries after the episodes airing.
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone have stated that although they respect Family Guy for their amounts of viewers, they ultimately hate the fact that Family Guy is only famous for its stupid cutaway jokes that have nothing to do with the main episode plot.
- Meg Griffin is the only family member not to have a line in the footage.
- Brian is shown as having a blue collar and black ears in the parody, which he does not in the show. Also, Peter is shown to have a blue tie, also not present in the actual series.