This page contains trivia for "Doubling Down". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Heidi Turner is of Irish descent.
- During the montage scene, President Garrison is shown talking to China's president, Xi Jinping. During the original airing of the episode, President Trump was actually in China meeting with Xi Jinping.
- The scene with Paul Ryan and the others bringing President Garrison a cake and singing "Happy Anniversary" is a reference to the one year anniversary of Donald Trump winning the 2016 Presidential Election. The original air date of this episode coincided with the one year anniversary.
- The first part of the scene where Kyle talks to the girls is derived from a deleted scene from the Season Twenty episode, "Wieners Out".
References to Popular Culture
- The song that plays during the montage is "Unfaithful" by Rihanna.
- In addition to stock footage of Jewish dances, the scene where Cartman imagines Kyle after finding out that he is seeing Heidi makes references to classic Disney and Warner Brothers animated films:
- Dumbo: The music and pink versions of Kyle walking through a broken heart refer to a drunken dream sequence called "Pink Elephants on Parade".
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The scene with multiple Kyles appearing one at a time may be a reference to a nightmare sequence called "Heffalumps and Woozles".
- The Little Mermaid: A giant Kyle emerging from the ocean with a glowing menorah while Cartman holds Heidi is a reference to Ursula becoming stronger after taking King Triton's crown and trident while Eric tries to protect Ariel.
- Cats Don’t Dance: As Cartman and Heidi run towards a blue horizon, a giant Kyle emerges from the ground, causing them to run back. This refers to a scene in Darla Dimple's musical number "Big and Loud".
- When Mike Pence, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell were having a quiet conversation on the approval ratings, McConnell replies that he is "just a turtle". This refers to when the former Daily Show host Jon Stewart repeatedly mocked McConnell for his resemblance.
- President Garrison and vice president Pence mention Niger, a reference to the Tongo Tongo ambush in October 2017 where 4 U.S. Army Special Forces soldiers were ambushed and killed during a search for Islamic militants in the African country of Niger. This incident was later followed by criticism regarding President Trump's treatment of the widow of one of the soldiers.
- The vegan item Heidi mentions, Beyond Meat, is an actual plant-based meat-substitute product served at many fast food restaurant chains.
- However, there is no "Beyond KFC". Cartman makes it up and causes Heidi to gain weight quickly.
- Cartman mentioning "disrespecting the flag and flipping over cars" to Token and his parents is a reference to NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, and riots connected to Black Lives Matter protests regarding social injustice.
- The Amazon Echo and Echo Dot and Google Home from "White People Renovating Houses" can be seen in Cartman's bedroom.
- The Memberberries are seen in the Oval Office. They were last seen in "The End of Serialization as We Know It".
- In "Marjorine", Heidi lived in a completely different house.
- Despite Caitlyn Jenner being elected vice president during season 20, current U.S. Vice President Mike Pence is shown having the position.
- After Cartman's freakout upon finding out that Heidi is with Kyle, Token's chair disappears and the table becomes bigger at the same time. This was fixed in later broadcasts.
- Duplicated No.2s can be seen in girls' volleyball team.
- When Bebe Stevens makes fun of Heidi at Buca De Faggoncini, her voice during her second joke is completely different from her normal voice.