| [[Image:|250px]] |
Ike is haunted by Billy Mays' ghost.
|Episode no.|| Season 13|
|Original airdate||October 7, 2009|
|List of all South Park episodes|
Dead Celebrities is the premiere episode of the second half of the thirteenth season of the animated television series South Park, and the season's eighth episode overall. It first aired on Comedy Central in the United States on Wednesday October 7, 2009, aired in the UK on Friday October 9, 2009 and aired Saturday October 10, 2009 in Canada.
For a while, Ike has been seeing ghosts of dead celebrities. With Billy Mays being the one he see's most. No one else belives him until Kyle mentions that Ike's been seeing Mays to Cartman who shows the guys who he is by showing a commericial he was in to promote Chipotlaway. The boys call the Ghost Hunters to find the problem, but the Ghost Hunters end up scaring themselves and both urinating and defecating themselves before running out the house screaming much to the boy's annoyance.
Soon after, Ike ends up in hospital in a coma as a psychic then comes to help the boys. She explains that when ghosts can't accept what happens to them they end up trapped in Limbo where they can't go to heaven or hell. She explains it's like being trapped on a plane that can't leave the runway but you can't get off it. She manages to contact the spirits. She tells them they need to move on, to her surprise they admit they know that but Michael Jackson is the only one who refuses to accept his death. They try to get him to admit he's dead but the force of his denial causesthe psychic to get thrown out a window by the ghost, Jackson possesses Ike's body as the other spirits are forced to remain in purgatory, which really is like an airplane stuck on the runway. The only way to release Michael from Ike's body and to free the celebrities from purgatory is for the Michael to achieve his dream. The boys enter Michael in to a beauty pageant because they find out that he always wanted to be accepted as a little white girl. After Michael's singing performance, the two male judges love him. The police then come and take the two judges away for masturbating to the young girls in the pageant, leaving the female judge to decide the final outcome. Cartman sees her eating Chipotle and bribes her with the Chipotlaway. Michael then wins the pageant and his spirit leaves Ike's body and goes back to purgatory. Purgatory then lifts off and takes all of the people to their destination, Hell.
Which is a towing runway.
- Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson from The Atlantic Paranormal Society and Ghost Hunters are called in to investigate.
- Some of the ghosts that Ike sees or are waiting on the plane in Purgatory are Billy Mays, who is advertising various products, Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Natasha Richardson, Dom DeLuise, Ted Kennedy, John Hughes, Walter Cronkite, Ed McMahon, Adam Goldstein, Arturo Gatti, Bea Arthur, Steve McNair, Ricardo Montalbán, David Carradine, Les Paul, Dj. AM, and Oscar G. Mayer, Jr.. Most of the aforementioned deaths have occurred within 2009 alone, a trend that has alarmed the media.
- The episode also refers to The Sixth Sense when Ike tells his therapist that he sees dead celebrities, reminiscent of the quotation, "I see dead people."
- The episode features a spiritual medium reminiscent of Tangina Barrons from the film Poltergeist.
- The episode parodies the movie Little Miss Sunshine and the show, Toddlers & Tiaras, with the children's pageant in the last part of the episode.
- In the episode "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" there was no trace of a closet in Ike's room.
- The alien that you are supposed to enter at www.southparkstudios.com is hidden in the pageant audience with long hair.
- When watching the Bill Mays commercial the house changes from Cartman's to Kyle's