|Episode no.|| Season 14|
|Original airdate||April 28, 2010|
|List of all South Park episodes|
Competition is the name of the game this summer. There is no time for Jimmy and his friends to slack off. They're working to be this year's champions at summer camp. Jimmy suits up and prepares to shred in the annual surfing contest.
Plot details follow.
The episode begins with a visual and verbal disclaimer different than normal, which reads "This program contains subject matter that may be disturbing to some views. View Discretion is advised", which then reveals that Towelie, pushed by the boys has agreed to do an intervention reality show regarding his drug addiction to weed, crack and meth, which has steadily worsen to the point where he has begun to victimize his friends for drug money and prostitute himself, and has even cost him his relationship with his girlfriend and his newborn son, "Washcloth".
Meanwhile Timmy and Jimmy have arrived at Lake Tardicaca, a summer camp for disabled children. While they are both overjoyed at being back for their fourth year in a row, Nathan, another disabled boy and his lackey, Mimsy, are less thrilled, due to the fact that Jimmy has led his camp team (blue) to victory of the camp game three years in a row beating Nathan's team (red). The boys meanwhile have gotten Towelie a job at the camp, drying off the kids. However, he constantly fails to do his job, instead disappearing to get high in the woods, resulting in him being reprimanded 14 times. As Jimmy warms up the Blue Team for the camp games, Nathan and Mimsy plot against them, and Jimmy in particular, by planting a poisonous black mamba snake in their canoe. However, when Nathan orders Mimsy to put the snake in the canoe, Mimsy assume that he means the red team's canoe. The Red team all disqualify themselves by jumping out of the canoe in fear, while Blue team is victorious.
The counselors attempt to get the Red team dried off, but find Towelie had gone to give an old man oral sex in the sport's shed in exchange for money to buy more drugs. As a result he is fired, despite the boys attempting to get the counselors to keep him on.
Nathan and Mimsy continue to plot against Jimmy, this time by switching the blue team's scavenger hunt map with one that would lead them to the Tardicaca Indian Tribe who kill trespassers on sight. Mimsy however, again misunderstand Nathan's orders, and switches the Red team's map for the fake map, rather than the blue team's. This results in Nathan being shot by arrows from the Indians.
Towlie, who can no longer afford drugs begins abusing Computer dusters that cause him a high which he calls "Walking on Sunshine!" The boys have Butters have summoned Towelie for the official intervention with a therapist. Butters and Kyle each proceed to read off pre-written statements of their feelings towards Towelie. When it's Cartman's turn however, he instead uses the TV appearance as a vehicle to read a very long-winded hate speech in which in insults the Jewish people, asking for the rest of the country to help him in exterminating them, with most of his comments directed primarily at Kyle.
Back at the camp, Jimmy competes in the surfing competition, where it's revealed that despite his bad legs and inability to walk, he is capable of surfing like a pro. Nathan and Mimsy however, have plotted to use a shark-mating whistle, to summon the Tardicaca Shark to kill Jimmy. Mimsy however does not blow the whistle in the water while Jimmy is surfing, but instead again misunderstands Nathan, and after swimming in the water, climbs back onto the shore and then blows the whistles. This results in the shark coming to shore, jumping on Nathan, and raping him with it's 9-inch penis.
In their final attempt to kill Jimmy, Mimsy and Nathan put explosives into Jimmy's ukulele, intent on blowing him up when he hits a certain note during the talent show competition. Jimmy and the Blue Team's performance of the camp song is spectacularly done (again), however, he fails to hit the note multiple times, until he finally skips over it to continue to the song. Furious, Nathan tell Mimsy to demand the Jimmy perform the part he skipped. Jimmy however states he can't remember it, and asks that Mimsy do it for him. But before Mimsy can do that, Nathan, infuriated by Mimsy's stupidity, grabs the ukulele, and stating he has to do these things himself, proceeds to hit the proper note, setting off the explosive, which sends him flying to the beach, where he is bitten by the black mamba, attacked again by the Indians, and finally raped again by the shark. As Nathan is about to be rush to the hospital in an ambulance, Jimmy (oblivious to Nathan's attempts on his life) offers Nathan the crown for "King of Camp" as a sign of goodwill. Nathan however mutters how he hates Jimmy.
At the Intervention, Cartman at last finished his multi-page hate-speech, at which point Stan delivers his speech. Towelie initially refuses to go to rehab, until Butters presents him with Washcloth, his son. Horrified at what he became, Towelie agrees to go to rehab, where he becomes clean since April 10, 2010, after which he goes back to his girlfriend and son.
- Intervention is a real-world TV Reality show, on A&E, that deals with people suffering from addiction and substance abuse.
- The idea of a Towelie intervention episode involving the boys dates back to around Season 10. The South Park staff had even begun work on such an episode, but it took a different turn and ended up becoming "A Million Little Fibers", according to that episode's DVD commentary.
- "Are you Ready for the Summer" is a song made famous by the film "Meatballs". The song since then been used as a theme song for many camps and has appeared in other shows such as "Family Guy".
- The competition between the blue and red teams, along with the fact the 'villain' team uses assorted over-the-top schemes that backfire, is very similar to the Hannah Barbara Laff-A-Lympics series.
- Many of the crippled children are based off of famous cartoon characters including Elmer Fudd, Porky Pig, Droopy Dog, Mr. Jinks, Beaky Buzzard, and Rocky and Mugsy.
- This episode is the season 14 mid-season finale.
- In one of the Intervention-style text transitions, Towelie's name is mistakenly spelled "Towlie.", yet he spells his own name as 'Towelie' in this episode
- First time Timmy has spoken since Season 10's "Make Love, Not Warcraft".
- This will be the second episode in which Jimmy and Timmy are seen demonstrating their athletic prowess. The first time occured in "Up The Down Steroid".
- Nathan, the boy who offered Jimmy the steroids in "Up The Down Steroid" makes his second appearance in this episode as a lead character.
- Cartman attempted to deliver a hate-speech against the Jewish people once before in "Le Petit Tourette", using his fake Tourette Syndrome as his vehicle to get on Dateline. However, he failed to do so, due to his Tourettes becoming real, and causing him to reveal personal secrets and truths.
- Cartman has once before attempt to organize the masses formally against the Jewish people in the episode, Passion of the Jew.
- Clyde Donovan is shown to be at Towelie's intervention, but he has never had any sort of interaction with Towlie outside this episode.
- Butters claims a deep friendship with Towelie, but has never had any real interaction with him before this episode.