Colonel Harland Sanders is the creator and owner of the Kentucky Fried Chicken fast-food franchise. He appears in the episode "Medicinal Fried Chicken", although his fast-food restaurants are mentioned in three previous episodes.
As founder and owner of the KFC company, Colonel Sanders was not pleased to discover that his fast-food restaurants were outlawed as a result of a new Colorado State law that forbade the KFC stores to sell their product in low-income areas. As a result, all the KFCs in Colorado were shut down and replaced with medicinal marijuana stores for the ill, and the Colonel began taking a page out of the book of drug dealers and using assorted means, shipping his products illegally into Colorado.
He initially worked with a boy named Billy Miller and met with Billy's representatives Tommy and Eric Cartman. The Colonel took an immediate liking to Cartman because he saw no 'lie' in his eyes. Tommy on the other hand was not as fortunate, and was apparently working secretly for the "Naked Chef" James Oliver, and was killed by hanging him from a helicopter. The Colonel then agreed to do business with Cartman's organization under the sole-rule that Cartman NEVER "fuck with him."
Cartman later took over the South Park cartel and was also given the task of assassinating James Oliver from attending a United Nations meeting. Unfortunately, due to his addiction to KFC, Cartman refuses to distribute any more of the products to anyone else, ignoring the Colonel's orders of killing Jamie Oliver. Furious at Cartman's failure, the Colonel ordered a hit against Cartman and his KFC trafficking group. Unfortunately, his men met opposition with the police, and Cartman escaped death. Despite being unable to kill Cartman, the Colonel regained his fast-food foothold in Colorado when KFC was legalized once again.
Colonel Sanders wears a white tuxedo with black accents. He has gray hair and gray facial hair. He wears black glasses, black shoes, and a black bow tie. He walks with a black cane with a metal handle. He is also visibly aged.
- Colonel Sanders has actually been deceased since 1980.
- Corbin Kentucky, where Cartman goes to visit the Colonel, is indeed the location where Harland Sanders originally started the KFC food chain from his old service station. In the episode however, the location is designed to resemble a typical South American jungle where illegal drugs are normally harvested from plants.
- The colonel's role in this episode parallels the role of Alejandro Sosa from the film Scarface.
- Colonel Sanders is one of the very few people Cartman has respect for.
- "Wing" - Mentioned only.
- "Medicinal Fried Chicken" - Seen negotiating with Cartman and Tommy to smuggle Kentucky Fried Chicken into Colorado.
|Bill Gates • Colonel Sanders • Elon Musk • Jake Jabs • Jeff Bezos • Mark Zuckerberg • Steve Ballmer • Steve Jobs • Ted Turner • Tom Shane • Tony Hayward|
More Information: Business Celebrities