When Tuong Lu Kim pronounces the name of the restaurant, it sounds as if he says "shitty wok", due to his thick accent. Other South Park residents and reporters have called it "shitty wok" as well.
According to the DVD commentary on the episode "Jared Has Aides", City Wok is a real restaurant in Los Angeles. The staff of South Park Studios have ordered take out from in the past. The name is used with permission.
City Airlines is also owned by Tuong Lu Kim. When Stan calls for City Airlines, Lu Kim changes the logo board to City Airlines and puts on a pilot cap. He had only one airplane, which crashed in "It's Christmas in Canada". It was a yellow Cessna with a tail number 432G.
Cock Magic Fights
The janitor at South Park Elementary reveals the City Wok holds real fights with real brutality in their basement. The fighting is really roosters playing the card game Magic: The Gathering (CCG) for a $5.00 admission.
While City Wok itself does not have much of a role in the game, Tuong is the leader of the City Ninja service. If the New Kid comes here after The Invitation, they can buy an Assassin contract to stop the ninjas following him.
A Fast Travel flag can be found outside City Wok.
- Coonstagram Followers
- Tuong Lu Kim - Buy a City Ninja Contract and then selfie with him.
- Officer Barbrady - Can be selfied with on the right table.
- Yaoi Art
- Spoonful of Tweek - Can be collected from the left wall.
- Scarlette Headband - Can be bought from City Wok.
- Scarlette Suit - Can be bought from City Wok.
- Scarlette Wristbands - Can be bought from City Wok.
- Super Spicy City Shrimp - Can be bought from City Wok. Required to craft the Cheesy Shrimparito and unlock TimeFart Pause.
- City Ninja Assassination Contract - Can be bought from City Wok for $5000, after which all the assassins stop attacking you.
Outside 'City Wok' is styled in a traditional Chinese decor and inside there are two partitions. One is the counter where people purchase food and Tuong Lu Kim stands to serve customers and receive delivery orders via the telephone. The other partition is the seating which has tables and chairs where customers may eat their meal. All products in the counter start with "City".
- "Jared Has Aides" - The boys come to tell Tuong Lu Kim their business idea.
- "Child Abduction is Not Funny" - Mayor McDaniels comes to ask Tuong to build a wall.
- "Krazy Kripples" - Timmy and Jimmy unintentionally rob the restaurant.
- "It's Christmas in Canada" - Tuong is contacted about City Airlines.
- "Wing" - The Chinese Mafia come here to talk to Lu Kim about Wing.
- "City Sushi" - There is an Asian Turf War between City Wok and City Sushi.
- "Cock Magic" - The Boys come here to watch a Cock Magic fight.
- "The City Part of Town" - Tuong hires child labor after SoDoSoPa takes all his customers.
- "You're Not Yelping" - Tuong joins the other restaurant owners in kicking out Yelpers, and later tainting their food.
- "Douche and a Danish" - Mr. Garrison runs past here when being chased after attempting to quit the election.
- "Bike Parade" - Sponsors the Bike Parade.
- "Let Them Eat Goo" - The Goo Man comes to try to make a deal with Tuong.
- "Pajama Day" - Lu Kim break-dances in front of the restaurant.
- "City People" - The restaurant is attracting City People while Lu Kim tries to shoo them away.
- In the Mandarin Chinese dub, this location is known as "鸡野家" (Pinyin: Jī yě jiā), parodying Japanese fast-food chain Yoshinoya (吉野家). The running gag lies in the word "鸡" (lit. Chicken), a slang term for "slut" or "coquette".