Cheesy Poofs is a fictional brand of a cheese-flavored snack.
Cheesy Poofs were first mentioned in The Unaired Pilot and "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe". They were later shown in "Weight Gain 4000" when Eric Cartman eats them while watching television. In "Starvin' Marvin", "Yeah, I want da Cheesy Poof" was the first full sentence said by Starvin' Marvin. Cartman auditioned for a chance to sing the Cheesy Poofs Theme Song for a Cheesy Poofs advertisement in the Season Two episode, "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods" but his lines were cut, leaving only the last word of the song "lame".
Returning in Season Three, the show has evolved and Cheesy Poofs were rarely seen on screen. In the Season Ten episode "Cartoon Wars Part I", Cartman poured a box of Cheesy Poofs onto the road to make Kyle Broflovski lose control of his big wheels on the highway. Cheesy Poofs were seen again in the Season Eleven episode "Guitar Queer-O" during the first scene. In the Season Eighteen episode "Gluten Free Ebola", Sharon Marsh was seen throwing them away after John Garner's penis flew off after consuming gluten.
In "Mexican Joker", Cartman eats Cheesy Poofs as he watches ICE agents escort the four Broflovskis out of their house to be detained. In "The Pandemic Special", Cartman pours some into a bowl with milk and eats them as cereal for breakfast while ditching online school as he sings.
According to a script for South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Cheesy Poofs are from Canada; this is another reason for Cartman joining La Resistance. However, this aspect of the film was not animated, so the information is most likely non-canonical.
Real Cheesy Poofs
Comedy Central has released Cheesy Poofs to stores for limited edition, at least twice - in 1998 in their website, and in 2011. They teamed up with Frito-Lay to release repackaged Cheetos Puffs under their name as part of Year of the Fan at the San Diego Comic-Con, and later for two weeks in September at Wal-Mart stores.
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" - First mentioned.
- "Weight Gain 4000" - Cartman is seen eating them while watching Jesus and Pals.
- "Damien" - The lyrics of the demonic song "Ave Satani" are "Rectus Dominus, Cheesy Poofs".
- "Starvin' Marvin" - They are in the first English sentence spoken by Starvin Marvin.
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady" - Seen in Nurse Gollum's shopping cart in a picture of her slideshow.
- "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods" - Cartman auditions and gets picked to sing the Cheesy Poofs jingle in a TV advertisement.
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" - Cartman used the snack as a weapon to run Kyle off the road.
- "Guitar Queer-O" - Appears in the first party scene.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Seen in Stephen Stotch's grocery bag.
- "A History Channel Thanksgiving" - Cartman is eating them before he suggests they should watch the History Channel's special on Thanksgiving.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Sharon Marsh throws them away with the other snacks containing gluten.
- "Mexican Joker " - Cartman watches that the US Immigration agents escort the four Broflovskis out of their house and towards their cars while eating Cheesy Poofs.
- "The Pandemic Special" - Cartman pours some into a bowl with milk and eats them like cereal.
A bag of Cheesy Poofs is used as a power up, which provides temporary speed boost.
A bag of Cheesy Poofs is essentially a "small health potion" which can restore 40% HP. It can be purchased from most stores at $1.00.
Released on May 12, 2021, Cheesy Poofs can be used in the game as currency for a limited time from a special shop.
- The demonic voices that sang "Ave Satani" in "Damien" can be sometimes heard singing about "Cheesy Poofs".
- There was originally meant to be a subplot in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in which Cheesy Poofs were to be revealed as Canadian and therefore banned due the Mothers Against Canada rule against Terrance and Phillip, much to Cartman's annoyance. It was cut from the finished version of the film, however.
- "Developer Update: Craving Cheesy Poofs". Ubisoft (May 3, 2021).