Cheesy Poofs are a fictional brand of cheese-flavored snacks.
Cheesy Poofs were first mentioned in the Season One pilot episode, "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe", when Eric Cartman ate them while watching television. They were also the first words in English that Starvin' Marvin learns in the ninth episode of the season. Cartman auditioned for the chance to sing the Cheesy Poofs Theme Song in a Cheesy Poofs advertisement in the Season Two episode, "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods" but his lines were cut leaving only the last word of the song saying "Lame".
Beginning in Season Three, the show began to evolve and Cheesy Poofs were rarely seen. In the Season Ten episode, "Cartoon Wars Part I", Cartman used Cheesy Poofs as a diversion to cause Kyle Broflovski to run off the road while they were riding big wheels on the highway. They were seen in Season Eleven episode, "Guitar Queer-O" during the first party scene. Their most recent appearance was in the Season Eighteen episode, "Gluten Free Ebola", where Sharon Marsh was seen throwing them away due to the incident of John Garner's penis flying off after consuming gluten.
According to a script for South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, Cheesy Poofs are from Canada; this is another factor for Cartman joining La Resistance. However, this aspect of the film was never animated, so the information is likely non-canonical.
Real Cheesy PoofsEdit
Comedy Central has released Cheesy Poofs to stores for limited edition at least twice - in 1998 at their website, and in 2011. They teamed up with Frito-Lay to release repackaged Cheetos Puffs under the name as part of Year of the Fan at the San Diego Comic Con, and later for two weeks in September at Wal-Mart stores.
- "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" - First mentioned.
- "Weight Gain 4000" - Cartman is seen eating them while watching Jesus and Pals.
- "Damien" - Only said by the demonic people.
- "Starvin' Marvin" - The first English words spoken by the Ethiopian Starvin Marvin.
- "Conjoined Fetus Lady" - Seen in Nurse Gollum's shopping cart in a picture of her slideshow.
- "Roger Ebert Should Lay off the Fatty Foods" - Cartman auditions and gets picked to sing the Cheesy Poofs jingle in an TV advertisement.
- "Cartoon Wars Part I" - Cartman used the snack as a weapon to run Kyle off the road.
- "Guitar Queer-O" - Appears in the first party scene.
- "Eek, A Penis!" - Seen in Stephen Stotch's grocery bag.
- "A History Channel Thanksgiving" - Cartman is eating them before he suggests they should watch the History Channel's special on Thanksgiving.
- "Gluten Free Ebola" - Sharon Marsh throws them away with the other snacks containing gluten.
- "Mexican Joker " - Cartman watches that the US Immigration agents escort the four Broflovskis out of their house and towards their cars while eating Cheesy Poofs.
- When the demonic voices are played in "Damien", they can be heard sometimes saying "Cheesy Poofs".
- There was originally meant to be a subplot in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in which Cheesy Poofs were to be revealed as Canadian and therefore banned due the Mothers Against Canada rule against Terrance and Phillip, much to Cartman's annoyance. It was cut from the finished version of the film, however.