This page contains trivia for "Cat Orgy". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- This is the first episode in the meteor shower story arc, continuing in the episodes "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub", and concluding in "Jewbilee".
- This is the first episode of South Park to not feature all four main characters, as it is focusing on Eric Cartman exclusively.
- This is the first episode where Stan and Kyle do not appear.
- This is the only episode of the trilogy without Kyle.
- This the first appearance of Skyler and The Lords of the Underworld.
- It is stated that Skyler is 22 years old and Shelly is 12. This kind of relationship is illegal in the United States.
- After Shelly Marsh destroys Skyler's guitar and puts it in the cat litter, the name of the litter box reads "Kitty" however when Skyler picks up the broken Guitar the litter box says "Kitty Poo Poo".
- The fat orange and black cat in the alley looks quite a bit like Garfield.
- The music that Mr. Kitty plays on the stereo is the same as the one in the gay animal disco in "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride".
- In the cat party, Mr. Kitty's butt is peach for some seconds.
- The cats are doing catnip like lines of cocaine, orgies and cocaine parties are a stereotype of the 1970s.
- When Cartman snaps a photo of Shelly kissing Skyler he shouts "Ha ha, charade you are! Looks like you're the turd now!" This is a play on a lyric from the Pink Floyd song Pigs (Three Different Ones) from their 1977 album Animals. This becomes a running catch phrase of Eric's in future episodes.
- When Shelly and Skylar are eating the pizza in the kitchen, magnets of Fluffy and Kyle's elephant can be seen on the fridge in reference to "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig".
References to Popular Culture
- Cartman is playing Wild Wild West, a movie released in theaters June 30, 1999, less than a month after this episode aired and the same day as South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut was also released. The movie starred Will Smith and was based on the 1965 television series The Wild Wild West. Eric Cartman and his toys take on roles from the movie; Rumpertumskin as Arliss Loveless (e kidnaps the President of the United States and Rita Escobar), Clyde Frog as U.S. Marshal Artemus Gordon, Polly Prissypants as Rita Escobar, and Eric Cartman as U.S. Marshall James West. Eric sings a bastardization of the theme song Wild Wild West Rap originally performed by Will Smith. The song describes characters and events of the movie.
- There were several reports of teenagers and underage kids purchasing tickets for Wild Wild West and instead sneaking in to see S'outh Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut.
- Shelly uses many "turd" puns to convey her contempt of Eric while in charge at his house; "Turd Man of Alcatraz" (Birdman of Alcatraz was the nickname of Robert Stroud, a prisoner who was known for his life with birds. His life inspired the film Birdman of Alcatraz), "Richard the Turd" (Richard the Third is a name of a King of England from 1883 - 1885 as well as a Shakespeare play), "Turd Rock from the Sun" (3rd Rock from the Sun was an American sitcom that aired from 1996 to 2001 on NBC), "AstroTurd"(AstroTurf is a type of artificial grass used in sports stadiums in place of real grass), "Turdle Dove" (a Turtle Dove is a type of bird found in Eastern Europe and Northern African continents. Also referenced in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas").
- Cartman likens Shelly's abuses like "those nanny videos on TV", this is in reference to nanny abuse videos exposed on Dateline.
- Cartman was watching Aliens, an 1986 film, and then quotes the scene "They mostly come at night... Mostly" when in a similar situation. He then uses that line a number of different times in varying situations, such as to describe a meteor shower.
- Shelly changes the channel to Friends, a sit-com that ran from 1994-2004.
- Cartman tells Mr. Kitty that she is his only hope in much the same way that Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) does in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, when she records a message asking Obi-Wan Kenobi for help into R2D2.
- The Wild Animal Program that Cartman watches is a parody of the Wild Kingdom a nature series that ran from 1963 to 1988.
- Behind Ripley when Cartman is watching Aliens.