|May 2014 Featured Article Winner|
Casa Bonita is a real-life restaurant in Denver, Colorado that is parodied on South Park in several episodes. It first appeared in the eponymous Season Seven episode, "Casa Bonita". It is described by Kyle as the 'Disneyland of Mexican restaurants'.
The outside of Casa Bonita looks like a giant castle. It is mostly pink and has a fountain out front flanked by two large lamp posts on each side.
The interior is Mexican-themed, with waterfalls, plants, and a Mexican band. There are many tables and attractions for kids, such as treasure caves and cowboy photo shoots.
Casa Bonita is the main plot element of the eponymous episode. In it, Kyle's birthday is coming up and he has invited all three of his friends to the restaurant for a celebration, except for Cartman, who is ousted in favor of Butters. As a result, Cartman tries many gimmicks to pull the strings of Kyle and get invited, to no avail. He ultimately resorts to improsoning Butters inside a bomb shelter until Kyle's birthday is over so he can take his spot at Casa Bonita, which Kyle finally promised if Butters could not go. This creates a mass hysteria around town as Butters has gone missing and multiple Amber Alerts have been called, prompting the town to go look for him in more secluded areas, which has Cartman switching him from place-to-place.
When the big day at Casa Bonita begins, it is at that point discovered that Cartman was responsible for Butters' absence, which he initiated so he can go to the restaurant instead. Despite having the cops on his tail, Cartman runs through the restaurant and manages to do all the things he wanted to before getting arrested, deeming it to be "totally worth it".
- "Casa Bonita" - Kyle's party is set to happen here.
- "201" - Mecha-Streisand destroys Casa Bonita in a rampage.
Casa Bonita is the location of the DLC From Dusk till Casa Bonita. Mysterion calls The New Kid here to help save his sister Karen from the Vamp Kids. There, the two meet The Coon and Henrietta Biggle, who agree to help them.
After fighting the Vamp Kids first, Mr. Adams gives the group a puzzle to find 3 vampire relics, which can be found in the arcade (after winning various minigames), the left dining area (after defeating more vamp kids and Chiquita the gorilla) and finally in Black Bart's cave (after defeating more vamp kids and the Black Vamp kid).
Once this is done, the group once again fight the vamp kids in the VIP area, and Karen runs off with the remaining vamp kids. Mysterion tries to convince Karen that vampires are lame, but Mr. Adams reveals himself to be the master vampire, and another battle ensues.
After losing, Mr. Adams tries to call upon the spirit of Corey Haim, but Michael Jackson appears instead, and takes Karen away. The New Kid then proceeds through the water level to the final battle against Michael Jackson, in which Karen gets possessed. After the fight is over, Karen realizes how lame Vamp Kids are, and with the help of Henrietta, decides to become goth.
- Coonstagram Followers
- Eric Cartman - Friended after bringing him 10 sopaipillas.
- Casa Bonita Host - Friended after obtaining a meal ticket.
- Chiquita - Friended after bringing him ice after defeating him.
- Black Bart - Can be friended after passing the line of kids.
- Bertie - Can be friended after unblocking the jammed machine in the arcade.
- Calvin - Can be friended once you get him the Sombrero Teddy.
- Mrs. Winkleman - Can be friended after you bring Calvin the Sombrero Teddy.
- Hector - Can be friended if the New Kid wears black hair.
- Manuel - Can be friended if the New Kid wears the Mariachi Sombrero.
- Rafael - Can be friended if the New Kid wears the Mariachi Moustache.
- Jorge- Can be friended if the New Kid wears the Mariachi Suit.
- Drew - Can be friended after collecting all the coins in the water level.
- Master Vampire Adams - Can be friended in the main room after the quest is complete.
- Mike Makowski - Can be friended in the main room after the quest is complete.
- Karen McCormick - Can be friended in the main room after the quest is complete.
- Heckraiser Hood - Obtained after getting the Netherborn class.
- Heckraiser Robes - Obtained after getting the Netherborn class.
- Heckraiser Bracelet - Obtained after getting the Netherborn class.
- Heckraiser Visage - Obtained after getting the Netherborn class.
- Mariachi Sombrero - Found on the wall next to the Jail photo booth.
- Mariachi Suit - Found on the upper area of the manmade cliff.
- Mariachi Mustache - Found in the side room next to the stage.
- Skeleton Hood - Found in the area behind the manmade cliff (Fartkour required).
- Skeleton Suit - Found in the area behind the manmade cliff (Fartkour required).
- Skeleton Gloves - Found in the area behind the manmade cliff (Fartkour required).
- Skeleton Face - Found in the bottom area of Black Bart's cave.
- Neko Ears - Can be purchased in the arcade.
- Heart Glasses - Can be purchased in the arcade.
- Sweet Tatt - Can be purchased in the arcade.
- Vamp Bangs - Found in a bag to the far left outside.
- Braids of Dread - Found in a present box next to the sopaipillas counter.
- Shmo Hawk - Found in a present box next to the sopaipillas counter.
- Dreadnaut - Found in a present box on the bottom right in the VIP room.
- Undercut - Found in a present box on the bottom right in the VIP room.
- Raggedy Bangs - Found in the upper area of the manmade cave.
- Wild Pony - Found in the upper area of the manmade cave.
- Inhuman Mullet - Obtained after defeating Master Vampire Adams.
- Rosie Updo - Found up the flight of stair behind the Broflovski family.
- Rosie Face - Found up the flight of stair behind the Broflovski family.
- Smokey Eyes - Found in the bat shaped pinata in the VIP room.
- Chin Spikes - Found in the bottom area of Black Bart's cave.
- Touch of Youth - Obtained after defeating Corey Haim.
- Cybernaut - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Uncanny Idol - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Bag of Retching - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Gatekeeper of R'lyeh - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Time Reamer - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Lightning Rod - Can be bought in the arcade.
- Skull of Sick Burning - Found in the treasure area of Black Bart's cave.
- Goblet of Po'Zur - Found in the bat shaped pinata in the VIP room.
- Resonator of Souls - Found in the area behind the manmade cliff.
- Casa Bonita made its first appearance in the eponymous episode, "Casa Bonita". Trey Parker and Matt Stone actually went to the real Casa Bonita to get permission to use their restaurant in South Park.
- It was destroyed by Barbra Streisand (as Mecha-Streisand) in "201".
- Casa Bonita is later mentioned in "You Have 0 Friends". Cartman says that for Clyde's birthday, he will take all his friends there.
- Cartman mentions Casa Bonita in "Let Go, Let Gov" while speaking on his phone.
- Butters mentions Casa Bonita in "AWESOM-O" when he tells his "robot friend" the events of Cartman trapping him in a bomb shelter just so he could go to the restaurant instead, and that he is still mad over that and wants to get revenge on him.
- A picture of Cartman and Kenny at Casa Bonita appears in "A Song of Ass and Fire".
- It was mentioned in "South ParQ Vaccination Special" that the restaurant has reopened. Cartman was invited to visit the restaurant with Clyde and his new friends, but could not when he realized that he had to spend the same weekend with Kenny.