This page contains trivia for "Canada on Strike". Remember, trivia must be factual, provable, and it is always best to cite your source for not-so-obvious trivia. If you would like to dispute a trivia point, please discuss it in the talk page.
- Butters Stotch replaces Kenny for most of this episode, as he did for several Season Six episodes when Kenny was permanently dead at the time. Kenny only appeared in one scene in this episode and he had no lines.
- Until this episode, all Canadians had the first letter of their names on their shirts.
- The Danish appear for the first time. Their appearance is similar to that of Canadians in that they have flappy heads, however they do not have the beady eyes characteristic of Canadians.
- Before the episode aired, there was a press image released of the scene where Kyle is on the phone to the Canadians and the other three boys are behind him. In the press image, Stan, Cartman and Kenny are behind Kyle but in the actual scene, Kenny has been replaced by Butters and, as a result, only appears as a background character at the beginning. A similar thing happened in "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow".
- Phillip is revealed to be diabetic in this episode.
- The Star Wars theme song that plays during the Star Wars Kid appearance was slightly altered to avoid copyright infringement.
References to Popular Culture
- World Canadian Bureau, abbreviated to "WGA", is a reference to the Writers Guild of America and to the English expansion of French Canadian abbreviations.
- The Canadian "WGA" Strike is a parody of the Writer's Guild of America strike of 2007 in which the Guild went on strike due to what the writers felt was greatly diminished monetary compensation, effectively making many TV shows air repeats until a resolve was found.
- Various Internet celebrities are parodied:
- Tron Guy - Jay Maynard, who made a full-body, electro-luminescent suit based on the movie Tron, which he has worn to many cons despite its rather revealing look. He gets mauled by the Sneezing Panda's mother.
- Numa Numa Guy - Gary Brolsma, an American video blogger who lip-synced and "danced" (while seated) to "Dragostea Din Tei". He gets mauled severely by the Sneezing Panda's mother.
- Star Wars Kid - Ghyslain Raza, actually a Canadian but looks less so in the episode, was originally a victim of a huge cyberbullying incident when an old, forgotten video was intentionally leaked online. In recent years, he has confirmed his identity and taken to using the video to speak to viewers and crowds on the profound effects of bullying. He gets shot repeatedly by Tay Zonday.
- Butters performs in a viral video of "What, What In the Butt". This is a parody of the actual video of the same name by Samwell.
- Tay Zonday - Known for his heavy bass singing voice, Adam Nyerere Bahner, better known as Tay Zonday or simply "The Chocolate Rain Guy", rose to fame in 2007 when his video of the eponymous song went viral. There have been many remixes, parodies, and tributes. Despite his youthful appearance, he was actually 24—going on 25—at time. He is killed by Dramatic Look Gopher.
- A scene from the movie Scanners was re-enacted when Dramatic Look Gopher makes Tay Zonday's head explode.
- Afro Ninja - May have survived the internet celebrity battle by disappearing.
- Dramatic Look Gopher - A parody of Dramatic Chipmunk—sometimes called Dramatic Look Chipmunk—a viral video widely known through YouTube and College Humor that features, coincidentally, a prairie dog often confused for a chipmunk, as it turns it head while the camera zooms and dramatic music is played over a zoomed-in footage from a Japanese variety show starring Hello! Project and Minimoni. Gopher dies from a stray bullet.
- Sneezing Panda - An infant panda with its mother. May have survived since its fate was not shown during or at the end of the battle. The mother kills several of celebrities, and she ends up being shot by Tay Zonday.
- Chris Crocker - The "leave Britney alone" guy. He gets his head whacked by the Sneezing Panda's mother.
- Laughing Baby - May have survived since his fate was not shown during the battle.
- The Back Dorm Boys - They were seen in the background, both wearing a black shirt with a Houston Rockets jersey and a number 11 (Yao Ming) printed on it as in any of their lip-sync videos. They were one of the celebrities did not get involved in the celebrity battle.
- Bubb Rubb - He was seen sitting down in the waiting room and never be seen again, even he did not participate during the battle. He wears an Oakland Raiders knit beanie.
- Lonelygirl15 - She appeared in the background behind Tron Guy and The Back Dorm Boys. She was also one of the celebrities who did not participate during the battle.
- The title of the Terrance and Philip episode, "I Fart Huckabees" is a reference to the 2004 film, I Heart Huckabees.
- A link to the Numa Numa video can be seen in the same screen of many computers as people watch Butter's "What What in the Butt" video on YouToob. Also, a link to a Chris Crocker video is seen in the same screen.
- The song that plays at the party after Canada wins is Celebration by Kool & the Gang.
- After Canada "wins" and ends their strike, their success is shown on the front page of Canadiety, which is an allusion to the entertainment trade magazine, Variety.
- The Pizza Nut restaurant and its distinctive roof shape is a reference to pizza chain Pizza Hut and its original dine-in location.
- Cartman once again shows his hatred towards Family Guy.
- Terrance appeared to have fully lost the weight he gained in "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow" - he had only lost some of it when last seen in "Cartoon Wars Part II".
- In his YouToob video, Butters wears the bear costume Paris Hilton made him wear in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset".
- This is Terrance and Phillip's first speaking role since "The Simpsons Already Did It".
- This is the first episode since "Terrance and Phillip: Behind the Blow" to focus on Terrance and Philip.
- There are two Sally Turners present in the crowd at the start of the episode, two Kevin Stoleys, two Esthers, two DogPoos, and two Millies.
- Near the end of the episode, the painting behind Abootman changes between shots.
- Terrance and Phillip state that they only gained $3008 worth of coupons and bubble gum out of the strike. However, assuming Bennigan's coupons were distributed to everyone in Canada's 30,000,000 strong population, and each meal costs roughly 10 dollars, they actually gained $300,000,000.
- When the Chocolate Rain Guy asks Butters how many views he got, he says a few hundred thousand. However, they just reported on the news it had over 10 million views.
- The poster in the Department of Internet Money that reads, "Please be seated until your number is called" had a misspelling of the word "Until" as "Untill". It only occurred during the farther shots of the sign on the wall.