Big Gay Al is a stereotypical homosexual man who first appeared in the Season One episode, "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride". He known for his flamboyant and positive demeanor and usually responds to the greeting "How are you?" with an upbeat "I'm super! Thanks for asking!"
Gay Animal SanctuaryEdit
In his first appearance in "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride", he ran an animal sanctuary reserved for gay animals who had been rejected by homophobic pet owners. He temporarily adopted Sparky, Stan Marsh's homosexual dog, who had run away from home after Stan had gotten upset with him. Stan then wanted Sparky back, and Big Gay Al agreed to return him, but only after explaining homosexuality to Stan. Later on in the episode, his large shelter transforms into a briefcase and flies away, but the various animals remained, and were taken back by their owners, who had missed them very much.
He had a minor role in South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, where it was revealed that he is in fact a celebrity. He was the co-host and an entertainer at the troops' USO show, in which he performed his own musical number, "I'm Super". His singing voice for the song was provided by Trey Parker.
He later took up the position of scout master of troop 69, since he had been in the scouts since he was nine years old. However, the parents of the children were uneasy about a gay scout leader, and the club fired him. The boys, however, didn't like their new Scouts Leader, and rallied to get Al back, and Gloria Allred and others forced the Scouts to re-accept him. He rejected this, saying he knows the Scout leaders are still good men, and since the scouts are a private club, they should have the right to exclude people if they choose to, just as he has the right to express himself as a gay man.
He wears a pink Hawaiian shirt, open at the top that exposes his left nipple, a blue neckerchief, and brown corduroy trousers. His skin is heavily tanned. He has brown hair, eyelashes, a mustache, and very red lips. Also Big Gay Al is big physically.
- To see images of Big Gay Al, visit Big Gay Al/Gallery.
He is a stereotypical homosexual: upbeat, happy, optimistic, and flamboyant. He appears to be very compassionate about things he loves, saving homosexual animals in "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride", being in the scouts since age nine in "Cripple Fight", and etc. It is shown in his debut that he smokes.
In "Follow That Egg!", Big Gay Al had started up a relationship with Mr. Slave, the ex-boyfriend/sex slave of Mr. Garrison. Mr. Slave had previously broken up when Mr. Garrison got a sex change. Soon after Mr. Slave explained this to Mrs. Garrison, he and Al became engaged. Mrs. Garrison swore she would stop gay marriage because she wanted Mr. Slave back; when she failed, Al and Mr. Slave got married.
In "The F Word", Mr. Slave and Big Gay Al are the first to see the boy's attempts at getting rid of the local Harley Riders, by writing "Fags Get Out!" Initially they are both pained and horrified by the sign, until realizing that the boys did not mean anything disparaging against gays, but were instead using the term "Fag" in regards to the Harley Riders, stating "You can be gay, and not a fag". Al and Slave both helped to change the definition of "faggot" from a gay person, to an annoying Harley rider.
- "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" - Al's first appearance. He explains to Stan why it's alright to be homosexual and takes Stan on the eponymous boat ride before disappearing.
- South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - Al sings "I'm Super" at the USO show to entertain the soldiers, serving as an unintentional distraction.
- "It Hits The Fan" - Cameo in the Excalibur casino.
- "Cripple Fight" - Al is the Scouts Leader, until the club fires him for being gay, causing Stan, Kenny, Cartman, Butters, and Timmy to try to get him back as leader.
- "Red Sleigh Down" - Seen in the crowd.
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - Cameo in the final crowd.
- "Follow That Egg!" - Al gets engaged to Mr. Slave, against Mrs. Garrison's wishes, and they wed at the end of the episode.
- "The F Word" - Al leads the gay people to help the boys change the definition of "faggot" from gay people, to annoying Harley riders.
- "200" (cameo)
- "201" (cameo)
- "The City Part of Town" - Seen with his husband Mr. Slave holding hands to make the town seem more diverse to the Whole Foods representative.
- "PC Principal Final Justice"- Seen in the crowd of people standing in front of the Whole Foods Market.
- "Bike Parade" - Seen making barbeque with Mr. Slave at the bike parade.
While Big Gay Al doesn't physically appear in the game, he can be added as Facebook friend by answering the cell phone in Mr. Slave's rectum.