Bebe Stevens, voiced by associate (now supervising) producer Jennifer Howell (and in her first speaking role, Mary Kay Bergman), is a girl in the 4th grade class of South Park Elementary, in the series South Park. As seen in several episodes, she seems to be the girls' secondary leader, after Wendy Testaburger. Her birthday is August 13th. She became part of the main characters briefly in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society". It should be noted that all of the fourth friends all had blond hair.
AppearanceBebe has long, frizzy blonde hair, parted to her left side. She wears a red jacket and dark green pants with light gray mittens on her hands. Underneath her jacket, she has been shown to wear a red sweater. In "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe", she was seen wearing a green jacket, tan pants, and dark blue mittens, while in "Weight Gain 4000", her jacket and mittens were pink, with her jacket being a darker shade than her mittens. She also wore the aforementioned outfit in the episode Pinkeye.
Bebe wears a short-sleeved, ankle-length, pink nightgown with white trimming around the cuffs and collar, at bedtime. When dressed as a prostitute in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset", she wears a fluffy white shawl, a fluffy white brazier, and a red miniskirt (which only comes to about her groin) which has a white buckle with a star in the middle of it. She also wears pink hair extensions drooping out of her hair, eye-liner, and blush.
In The List, it appears that she knows how to handle, load, and fire a handgun when she attempted to kill Wendy Testaburger. She ended up killing Kenny with her handgun when, in her fight with Wendy, she accidentally pressed the trigger.
In the episode Douche and Turd, it's revealed that Bebe is part of the cheerleading squad and as she's at the front one might assume that she is the lead cheerleader.
In "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", she became the first of the fourth grade students to reach puberty, as she began developing breasts in that episode. Though they were tiny (she originally thought they were mosquito bites, until she saw that they weren't healing) they caused the male students to go ape-like in their desires for her. Bebe liked the extra attention they gave her until this happened, and though she was rejected by the surgeon from getting breast reductions, she successfully broke the spell over the boys by wearing a box to school, to hide her chest. After this episode, she appears normal, though this might mean that she tapes them down, or it is possible that they are not visible through her jacket.
- Main article: Wendy Testaburger
She is Wendy Testaburger's best friend, helping Wendy in situations such as getting Stan Marsh back from substitute teacher, Ms. Ellen in the episode "Tom's Rhinoplasty". Despite this she abandons Wendy in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" because she isn't enough of a stupid spoiled whore. But Wendy had abandoned her in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", because she was jealous of the attention the boys gave Bebe. Bebe might have only feigned the fact that she didn't consider Wendy enough of a whore, because she was still hurt by Wendy's actions in the earlier episode. One interesting tidbit is that she and Wendy are on different sides in "The Wacky Molestation Adventure." Wendy is on Cartman's side and Bebe is on Stan and Kyle's side.
In "The List", she turned on Wendy at the end, with a gun, and almost killed her. After accidentally shooting Kenny (which wasn't for the first time), Bebe was arrested. It's unknown whether the two of them are still best friends – or friends at all. It is unlikely that they are; Bebe was seen paired with Lola in the mid-season 12 finale "Super Fun Time." Still in the episode "Breast Cancer Show Ever", it is shown that Wendy and Bebe are still friends, showing that they had made up, between Tonsil Trouble and The China Probrem.
- Main article: Kyle Broflovski
Bebe fell in love with Kyle in the episode "Clubhouses", and tried to pursue a relationship with him, which he didn't even realize was happening. She even kissed him while playing Truth or Dare, after which he ran off screaming. She immediately broke up with him (Kyle not even realizing they were going out), claiming that he was too co-dependent and that it was over between them. She immediately went off to be with Clyde.
But in the episode "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" Kyle and the other boys notice that there's something unusually attractive about Bebe all of a sudden. Later, while the boys are hurling rocks at cars with her, Kyle tries to show her a better way to throw her rocks. And in the episode "Follow That Egg!", Kyle gets paired with Wendy, while Stan gets paired with Bebe. After seeing Stan treat the egg uncaringly, she states: "I wish I had a partner like Kyle." However, this may have been because Stan treated their egg roughly and didn't care, while Kyle really needed the "A" from Ms. Garrison, so Kyle was a good "father."
- Main article: Clyde Donovan Bebe walked off with Clyde, stating that they were now a couple. This relationship has not been looked into any further since that episode, but when Kyle tried to teach her how to throw rocks at cars in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", Clyde was the only one who tried to intervene on it, suggesting that they were still together from "Clubhouses", and he was concerned that Kyle was getting in the way of the relationship. Bebe was also walking with Clyde in Do the Handicapped Go to Hell? and was the lone girl in the group going to the church to confession after they saw a nude woman on the internet.
In the season 11 finale, "The List", Bebe was not against voting Kyle as the ugliest, and voting Clyde the cutest. While the only reason given was that all the girls wanted discounts while shoe-shopping; it may be that there were also some romantic issues involved on Bebe's part.
- Main article: Stan Marsh
Bebe hasn't really been seen interacting with Stan but she has been seen as a sort of messenger between Wendy and Stan as seen in Raisins where she told Stan that Wendy was breaking up with him. Bebe also worked with Stan on a school project in Follow that Egg! but Stan showed anger towards her because he was mad at Kyle for being with Wendy. She then became disgusted with him.
- Main article: Eric Cartman
While Bebe and Cartman have been seeing playing and getting on well whilst roleplaying Silence of the Lambs in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society" (this was only because Bebe had well-developed breasts), she has been seen encouraging Wendy to "Kick the shit out of him" as heard in Season 12 episode, "Breast Cancer Show Ever", and flipped him the bird after killing him while playing Call of Duty: World at War in "The Ungroundable". Cartman later "pwnes" Bebe in the game and calls her out because of it. However, in the episode "Something You Can Do With Your Finger" Cartman makes a music video for the girls to pretend to like his music and he chose Bebe and Rebecca out of all the other girl to hug and rub all over him him during his music video.
We have not seen any siblings, but it is clear that she lives with her Mother and Father.
Her first name, Bebe, is derived from the French and Spanish word for "Baby" (pronounced "Baybay"), implying that she may be of French and/or Spanish descent.
Main Article: Mrs. Stevens
Her mom is a very stereotypical large chested dumb blonde, who got by in her earlier years by relying on her looks. Bebe doesn't want to end up like her mother, she would rather be a lawyer or a marine biologist. However, she does seem more interested in make-up, partying, and dating than her friend, Wendy. Mrs Stevens is occasionally seen in crowd scenes including, Child Abduction is Not Funny, Grey Dawn and various others. She also tried comforting Bebe in Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society by telling her that she was smart and that's why boys liked her, although they were really attracted to her budding breasts. When Bebe hears her boobs conspiring, Mrs. Stevens shows unexpected awareness of the nature of breasts stating they feed off the misery of boys.
Main Article: Mr. Stevens
Bebe's dad was first seen in a family photograph in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" at the 'Spoiled Whore Party' but his first speaking appearance was when he told Bebe at the end of the episode that she would go back to dressing and acting like a proper young lady. He has also been seen in the end of Britney's New Look and at the meeting in Major Boobage as a background character.
In the episode Major Boobage she is shown to have a snow white cat whose name is Snowball as given in the episode "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society". It is taken away by the police but although it isn't shown returned back its assumed that it is returned to Bebe's family.
Episodes in Which She is Prominent
- Cartman Gets an Anal Probe - She is seen at the front of the bus with Rebecca.
- Weight Gain 4000 - Bebe is the narrator for the South Park play.
- Pinkeye - She is drowned by Clyde when she bobs for apples; she still appears alive in other episodes.
- Tom's Rhinoplasty - Bebe helps Wendy try to win back Stan after he develops a crush on the substitute teacher, Ms. Ellen.
- Clubhouses - Bebe falls in love with Kyle, and kisses him in their clubhouse.
- Merry Christmas Charlie Manson - she was in the nebraska mall with other kids.
- Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000 - Is part of the female sled group lead by Lizzy.
- Chef Goes Nanners - Bebe tells Wendy how she can overcome her sudden crush on Cartman.
- Something You Can Do with Your Finger - Bebe is shown in Cartman's music video, hugging and rubbing all over him with Rebecca.
- Helen Keller! The Musical - Bebe plays a lead role in the play.
- Proper Condom Use - Bebe and the other girls try to protect themselves from the boys, and build a fortress, heavily laden with high-tech weapons.
- Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society - Bebe begins developing breasts, and causes chaos in the male student population.
- Raisins - Bebe tells Stan that Wendy has broken up with him.
- Quest for Ratings - Bebe is caught on camera sipping cough syrup with Red in the girls' bathroom; she then spots someone in the air vent with a camera and threatens to "tell on" them.
- Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset - Bebe, along with all the other girls idolize Paris Hilton.
- Marjorine - She is seen with Wendy helping "Majorine"
- Follow that Egg - Bebe is Stan's partner for the science project.
- The List - Bebe is the judge for the poll over who the cutest and the ugliest boys in school are.
- Breast Cancer Show Ever - Bebe tells everyone that Wendy and Cartman are going to fight.
- Elementary School Musical - Sings in all of the songs and has quite a few speaking roles as well.
- The Ungroundable - Kills Cartman on Call of Duty 5 and gives him the finger; also gets killed by Cartman who says "You got pwned you Jap bitch.".
- Eat, Pray, Queef - Bebe decribes how the boys think that farts aren't funny.
- In "The List", Lola mentions that Bebe has an even stronger passion for shoes then the other girls.
- She is number 18 on the dodgeball team.
- She is a cheerleader
- Despite Bebe's hatred for Cartman's deplorable acts, she herself almost murdered her best friend Wendy in "The List"