The Bartender is a minor townsperson and the former owner of Skeeter's Bar and Cocktails before it was inducted by Skeeter, and changed to Skeeter's Wine Bar. He made his first appearance in the Season One episode, "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride". He used to be a more "important" character during the early seasons.
Since his bar's most frequent patrons were generally close-minded and uninviting, the Bartender typically served as the straight man to them, regularly attempting to water down their hostility towards whoever they "didn't take kindly."
The Bartender wears a blue jacket with a pocket and a yellow pen on the right side, a brown belt with a gray buckle, pink pants and black boots, his coat buttons are blue when he is seen from the side. He has blond hair and a ponytail, a thick beard and is almost bald, he also has a yellow pencil in one ear. Bartender seems to be taller than most adults, perhaps because of his long legs. He looks a little overweight.
The Bartender's appearance changed slightly in later seasons. Now he wears a dark blue jacket with white buttons, two side pockets and some brown details, a black belt with a yellow buckle and gray pants. He also had some yellow hair and unique eyebrows. Although his appearance has had a big change, he still keeps his legs long and unusual.
Placid, but stern, the Bartender is easy-going and relaxed. He is authoritative when it comes to keeping his customers under control, and tranquil. He seems to be the only peaceful redneck in South Park.
- He and Hat McCullough have a very similar body type. Their legs are distinguishable from those of other South Park characters.
- This list is incomplete, you can help by
- "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride" - Debut; seen in the Sports Book.
- "Damien" (Cameo)
- "Ike's Wee Wee"
- "Sexual Harassment Panda" - Calms down Skeeter.
- "Cripple Fight" (Cameo)
- "The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer" - Tells the boys there not aloud in the bar.
- "I'm a Little Bit Country" - Seen among war supporters.
- "Butt Out" (Cameo)
- "Goobacks" (Cameo)
- "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" (Cameo) - Seen in the bar.
- "W.T.F." - Seen at the bar with the other rednecks.
- "Cock Magic"
- "The City Part of Town" - Seen at SoDoSoPa.
- "White People Renovating Houses"
- "Christmas Snow" - Seen at the beginning of the episode, serving drinks to Cliff Barackman.